Camaro Bumblebee Edition

TomServo92

A local Chevy dealer that I drive by in my daily commute has 8 Camaros sitting on his lot: 1 silver, 3 black, and 4 yellow/black Bumblebee Editions. Is the Bumblebee that popular that it encompasses half of their inventory?

I'm not really up on my Camaro history. Is the Camaro Bumblebee some sort of heritage edition? I thought Mopar had dibs on the bee theme (e.g. Super Bee, the concept Hornet, Ram Rumblebee edition, etc.)

I'm not really up on my Camaro history. Is the Camaro Bumblebee some sort of heritage edition? I thought Mopar had dibs on the bee theme (e.g. Super Bee, the concept Hornet, Ram Rumblebee edition, etc.)

No. Bumblebee is a Transformers character. In the Transformers movie, he transformed into the Camaro concept. GM is trying to capitalize on the movie by releasing an official Bumblebee edition with the same yellow/black paint scheme.

The real question is where these cars purchased by actual paying customers or just sitting in GM dealerships collecting dust?

Those are supposed to sales to customers (not sure on whether the customers are retail or fleet).

BTW, drove by that dealership and they now have 7 Camaros. A black is gone. All four of the Bumblebees are still there. :shades:

I've seen 5-6 new Camaros on the road. All V8s except 1 V6. They already looked dated and as ugly as ever.

Thing is though, I've only seen 2-3 '10 Stangs on the road.

".... appeal to the younger crowd, who are too busy souping up their '99 Civics and Eclipses to bother with a new, $30,000 car. "

Umm, that was 10 years ago wake up, Subaru WRX and Mitsu EVO are the car of chioce for younger performance fans.

Not around here with those WRX and EVO models, even with their AWD for the snow. Simply too expensive to purchase and trick out.

Not really. Most younger performance fans can't afford a WRX or EVO. Civic is still the car du jour for the youth in my town.

+1

Funny seeing them when the snow falls, trying to get up hills with their summer street tires and fart can blasting away.

Does anyone know the yearly capacity GM has with the Camaro?

From what I've been told, the Mustang takes precedence at Flat Rock over the 6. Has the same rule been applied for the Camaro in Oshawa?

I'm just wondering if the Camaro sales will be hampered by lower capacity. I know a guy who went into buy one and was told he wouldn't be able to get it until April, so he didn't bother placing the order and ended up finding a Challenger he liked at the Dodge dealership next door.

Monthly production out of Oshawa has been up and down but they've exceeded 10,000 units three times this year since they started building the Camaro. The biggest month so far has been August with 10,682 built (total built this year at the end of November was 73,820).