Ford to reinstate raises & 401K matches next year

What a joke, and it states "Clearly are Transformation is not done yet" No, it seems you will continue to take from the hourly to feed the salaried. Shame! This is why contracts are voted down people. Save this article when it is time for concessions once again.

Let's see the union explain why they were asking us to take further concessions which Ford could not live without only to reward management 2 months later.Come on Ron you did not know this was coming?What will you get Ford to return to the hourly workers you represent Mr.Bob King?

Edited by skeptic

Fox 2 news in Detroit stated on their 10 pm news that Ford workers are getting their raises, 401k matches and education funds back, then showed a picture of hourly line workers. They should have clearly stated the reinstatement is for SALARIED only, not hourly! Most people don't know we've never had the 401k match. They should have said "Ford is giving more money to salaried workers while taking from (and asking for more!) the hourly UAW workers". Everybody has good points on this post!

Fox 2 news in Detroit stated on their 10 pm news that Ford workers are getting their raises, 401k matches and education funds back, then showed a picture of hourly line workers. They should have clearly stated the reinstatement is for SALARIED only, not hourly! Most people don't know we've never had the 401k match. They should have said "Ford is giving more money to salaried workers while taking from (and asking for more!) the hourly UAW workers". Everybody has good points on this post!

I caught that also, using older assembly line footage while talking about what Ford is giving back. It clearly slanted the story to look as though the benefits were being returned to the hourly workforce. Well, this will be yet another blow to the hourly U.A.W. haters out there that already think we are lazy and overpaid. Don't think for one second that the media did not confirm who was going to receive the givebacks. Mr. Feldman, who the hell are your sources on Fox News?? On another note, my family has known Jack O'Reilley mayor of Dearborn for years and the story out of Dearborn is that his city is going bust from all of the 60,000 white collar people that have lost there jobs. He says it is much bigger than a plant closing and unions making noise. He states that these people fall under the radar without being counted. Hello earth to Jack, when you buy out a lot of hourly under the "veiled threat" that they might lose their jobs in the near future, it is just simple math... LESS HOURLY= LESS SALARY!! Where has he been? 1.2 million union employees to under 450,000 now. Sorry that he might just have to deal with the blue collars that are left there. Where's the kleenex?? Did he not look at all the media stories on t.v. when they were estimating buyouts of both hourly and salaried alike??

Most people don't know we've never had the 401k match.

Not entirely true. I remember hearing from some of the "oldtimers" that I worked with in the past, that Ford did indeed match stock for hourly employees back in the seventies or eighties. I have no idea of the exact time frame or the details of the match, but according to them they took full advantage of it.

I'm glad for the engineers, designers, office workers and---yeah---even (some!) supervisors who work hard, help the company, and help their people. They earned this.

For us hourly, let's keeping working to get our share back, too.

Are you kidding??

I feel sorry only because they do not have any retirement, so I might be able to understand the 401k match, but not bonus or tuition reimburse. I guarantee that if these fks get bonus we will get something in return. So yes give it to them, because I know we will also get something out of it. If they get tuition reimbursment, so will we. If not, then that violates the equity of sacrafice language we have in our agreement and I want a grievance on it!! :shades:

Why don't I see any of the "candycane's" or "theeagle's" posting on this thread???? Save my job, we need to help the company, they gave me a free computer so i need to help them.... :finger:

Candycane is a salaried fk...I don't think eagle is. Everyone is missing the point of pattern bargaining. This shows how young a large portion of the workforce is. The entire membership has gained from pattern bargaining and the UAW is not going to change that. Today it is a disadvantage, but many times in the past it was an advantage. It will be a disadvantage for us in 2011 and an advantage to the other 2 auto company members. Any way Parity, equity of sacrafice!!! If they get it we should get it!!

I'm glad for the engineers, designers, office workers and---yeah---even (some!) supervisors who work hard, help the company, and help their people. They earned this.

For us hourly, let's keeping working to get our share back, too.

Thank you! Anyone who thinks that GSR salary employees who make up by far the masses, have not sacrificed anything and lost jobs and benefits need to get the facts.

Why don't I see any of the "candycane's" or "theeagle's" posting on this thread???? Save my job, we need to help the company, they gave me a free computer so i need to help them.... :finger:

They were paid to be here to influence a "yes" vote. After the vote, as expected, they went back under their rocks, and they will be back when we have to vote again. Remember that next time people...

Are you kidding??

I feel sorry only because they do not have any retirement, so I might be able to understand the 401k match, but not bonus or tuition reimburse. I guarantee that if these fks get bonus we will get something in return. So yes give it to them, because I know we will also get something out of it. If they get tuition reimbursment, so will we. If not, then that violates the equity of sacrafice language we have in our agreement and I want a grievance on it!! :shades:

Are you a republican?

So, are all the decent, honest, hardworking salaried people---some of whom are literally our family (and no, none of my relatives are salaried)---all "fks," as you call them?

And you don't want them to have decent pay & benefits?

Then you must be a rethuglican.

Not entirely true. I remember hearing from some of the "oldtimers" that I worked with in the past, that Ford did indeed match stock for hourly employees back in the seventies or eighties. I have no idea of the exact time frame or the details of the match, but according to them they took full advantage of it.

I don't believe Tesphe was started until the mid 80's, however there was a match of 30 cents on the dollar if you can call that a match in the early 90's but it was halted and I want to say that year was 1997.

I don't believe Tesphe was started until the mid 80's, however there was a match of 30 cents on the dollar if you can call that a match in the early 90's but it was halted and I want to say that year was 1997.

I started my TESPHE account in Jan. '95, and I don't remember anything about a matching contribution.

TESPHE (Tax Efficient Savings Plan for Hourly Employees) was indeed made available in 1995 and never had an employer match option because hourlys already had a pension benefit.

Everybody should try to investigate the facts first before they post on this site. TESPHE did have match back in the day...70's early 80's it was given up through contract negotiations since everybody did not use this benefit. What WE, that means everybody received in return was COLA another benefit lost last concession. This was far better benefit when we had it, because it went to everybody. Just like the old attendance award we use to get, which stop around late 80's early 90's in return we had the Christmas bonus. I know we don't have these now, but, just wanted to let people know the FACTS.