Hyundai May Build Bronco-like Wrangler Fighter

PREMiERdrum

We asked Hyundai US CEO John Krafcik over dinner at Slow's BBQ (go eat there, like, now) the other night during the Detroit Auto Show what new segments the Korean automaker is looking at for future expansion. More on some of that shortly, but what blew our mind was the answer he gave when pressed about other types of vehicles — say, 4WD SUVs.

Krafcik responded by telling us that "every time our designers get together and start looking at concepts and the future, the first thing that comes out of those meetings — what everyone gets excited about — is the prospect of a Bronco-like, highly-capable off-roader." As a follow-up on that answer, I asked if he meant a Wrangler-fighter. He answered only by smiling and repeating himself — "highly-capable."

LINK - Jalopnik

Hmmm... wonder who they'd steal the styling from?

Well I guess now Hyundai too is copying Fords blade-like gilette grill, oh wait, Honda has been copying that into their cars and Hyundai loves to copy Honda, so thats probably where they got it from.,,,

I'm sure you knew this, but that's a Jalopnik photoshop of the Ford Bronco concept with a Hyundai logo on it. Click

Edited by Intrepidatious

From the link:

Yea, I think we knew that. But it's not like Hyundai has a reputation of stealing styling from other manufacturers...

Quote I overheard at the local auto show last week:

Why are you taking a picture of that It's just a Hyundai.
:hysterical:

Strange how Americans will never forgive their own domestic auto companies for building low quality cars 20-30 years ago...but quickly forgive Hyundai for the junk they built.

Yea, I think we knew that. But it's not like Hyundai has a reputation of stealing styling from other manufacturers...

Quote I overheard at the local auto show last week: :hysterical:

Strange how Americans will never forgive their own domestic auto companies for building low quality cars 20-30 years ago...but quickly forgive Hyundai for the junk they built.

I imagine the difference is that relatively few people actually owned the bad Hyundais.