The Kansas City Star Article

klutzys

After reading the article in the Kansas City Star about Claycomo Ford's future is it me or did I just misunderstood him but it appears Wright is blaming the membership rejecting the concessions for possible closing of the Claycomo plant. The section I am speaking of is below:

**********Wright noted that in exchange for concessions in the national contract in 2007, Ford pledged to invest in a flexible body shop on the Escape line here. Last year, in obtaining further concessions, Ford reiterated that Claycomo was one of five assembly plants that would receive a new product by 2012.

However, that was before this past fall, when more than 90 percent of the Claycomo work force rejected additional concessions that Ford was seeking following the emergence of General Motors and Chrysler from bankruptcy proceedings. Workers at most of the other U.S. Ford plants also rejected the concessions.************

Don't blame the membership and don't blame the transfers blame it on the old decrepit building and equipment that is not cost efficient. It's cheaper to shut us down then to retool.

I am the wife of a St. Louis employee and we where hoping no one here in Kansas City would not have to go through the closing of a plant. It was hard and not fun uprooting our family to follow Ford. But we did what we had to do hoping he would squeak in his retirement here at Ford.

Anyway, we are trying to stay positive but so far everything seems to be falling in steps with what happened at the St. Louis plant.

• Like 1

After reading the article in the Kansas City Star about Claycomo Ford's future is it me or did I just misunderstood him but it appears Wright is blaming the membership rejecting the concessions for possible closing of the Claycomo plant. The section I am speaking of is below:

**********Wright noted that in exchange for concessions in the national contract in 2007, Ford pledged to invest in a flexible body shop on the Escape line here. Last year, in obtaining further concessions, Ford reiterated that Claycomo was one of five assembly plants that would receive a new product by 2012.

However, that was before this past fall, when more than 90 percent of the Claycomo work force rejected additional concessions that Ford was seeking following the emergence of General Motors and Chrysler from bankruptcy proceedings. Workers at most of the other U.S. Ford plants also rejected the concessions.************

Don't blame the membership and don't blame the transfers blame it on the old decrepit building and equipment that is not cost efficient. It's cheaper to shut us down then to retool.

I am the wife of a St. Louis employee and we where hoping no one here in Kansas City would not have to go through the closing of a plant. It was hard and not fun uprooting our family to follow Ford. But we did what we had to do hoping he would squeak in his retirement here at Ford.

Anyway, we are trying to stay positive but so far everything seems to be falling in steps with what happened at the St. Louis plant.

someone don't know what there talking about kcap is kicking dtp to the curb with its one shift quality and productivety kcap truck surpassed the fusion in the last quarter for quality suv is second for quality finally after the last plant manager ripped us off new plant manager has turned shit around and we are more flexible thats why the transit van is coming and the f-150 is staying

When you build work trucks of course your quality is good,not much to building a white stripped down truck..And for Productivety of course its good your only working one shift so your production numbers are low....

If K.C. would shut down, and God forbid it does, rejection of the modification would have nothing to do with that event. Wixom, Norfolk, and many ACH plants went along with every concession presented to them and all it did was speed up the process up of shuttering the plants by playing into the companies hands of lowering the number of employees and less product being made, thus the company used this as proof the plants were not cost effective. At LAP we also voted down the modification by a wide margin and they are sending the Escape to our plant, so if the company tries the scare tactic it is understandable. When the union resorts to this type of scare tactic it is a disgrace to the UAW.

When you build work trucks of course your quality is good,not much to building a white stripped down truck..And for Productivety of course its good your only working one shift so your production numbers are low....

You have no idea what KCAP builds.

Do you have a link to the full article?

I don't see any actual quotes from Wright in what you copy/pasted. I do see KC Star putting words in his mouth and detailing past events.

I've learned not to trust the news papers to adequately relay Union information. We have Union meetings, go to them, if you have questions, ask them there.

I don't understand how people can be upset about UAW members fighting for their wages/standard of living/working conditions/etc. It's like they think we should all just roll over and die. If you have an option of fighting for what you have or just accepting whatever circumstances are given to you, don't you fight? You want to talk about why this country is going down the tubes, it's because of attitudes like this. We are human beings damnit, we have rights, we have value, we have lives. If you merely accept what's forced down your throat you're nothing but a tool to be used in the system.

someone don't know what there talking about kcap is kicking dtp to the curb with its one shift quality and productivety kcap truck surpassed the fusion in the last quarter for quality suv is second for quality finally after the last plant manager ripped us off new plant manager has turned shit around and we are more flexible thats why the transit van is coming and the f-150 is staying

Norfolk had the best quality too!

Do you have a link to the full article?

I don't see any actual quotes from Wright in what you copy/pasted. I do see KC Star putting words in his mouth and detailing past events.

I've learned not to trust the news papers to adequately relay Union information. We have Union meetings, go to them, if you have questions, ask them there.

I don't understand how people can be upset about UAW members fighting for their wages/standard of living/working conditions/etc. It's like they think we should all just roll over and die. If you have an option of fighting for what you have or just accepting whatever circumstances are given to you, don't you fight? You want to talk about why this country is going down the tubes, it's because of attitudes like this. We are human beings damnit, we have rights, we have value, we have lives. If you merely accept what's forced down your throat you're nothing but a tool to be used in the system.

the best tool in fords box would be the guy named bob king,fighting for contract modifications every year,jamming down our throats that we should help the company AGAIN.standard of living,,hmm i dont see king or anyone else for that matter fighting for the c crew modifications to start times,which have no valid meening to them other then screw the employee again,not to mention the easter break the have for us,,the schedule posted is not signed by anyone other then labor which is strange,barg chair and plant manager would have there names on it to if it were set in stone,great standard of living with that schedule,but anyway as far as wright,he should have givin the whats up paper from our plant manager to the news,tell them to print that,we have the best work force in north america,hell the world for that matter,

King Ranch and Lariats are work trucks? Your a dumb ASS. Who else builds Regular Cabs. Answer, NO ONE. Built 62 jph in body today, kiss my harry bean bag. Texas wont even buy a truck from DTP. Crews and supers are bigger numbers than Regulars right now, Hello, economy sucks, construction guys are selling all their shit, not buying trucks, dumb ass...

That's funny!!!!! ....Cause all dealers use to request trucks only built at Norfolk cause there quality was better than KCAP......Hmmm,Norfolk closed.......

Dealers get there vehicles from what ever plant FORD decides to send them from!

Of course KCAP sends alot of trucks to Texas,have you ever looked at a map,KCAP is closer to Texas than DTP,it saves Ford shipping cost..

WTF ever, get over it and move on. Location has nothing to do with it. Costs the same to ship from anywhere.

King Ranch and Lariats are work trucks? Your a dumb ASS. Who else builds Regular Cabs. Answer, NO ONE. Built 62 jph in body today, kiss my harry bean bag. Texas wont even buy a truck from DTP. Crews and supers are bigger numbers than Regulars right now, Hello, economy sucks, construction guys are selling all their shit, not buying trucks, dumb ass...

:hysterical:

Central location to what? All the components to build or final destination from assembly? Central location from assembly to final destination doesn't seem to matter much for the imports.

The Key for the imports is southern states, that = no unions which = low wages etc...

Central location to what? All the components to build or final destination from assembly? Central location from assembly to final destination doesn't seem to matter much for the imports.

To get units to customers, seen a map lately, KCAP right in the middle, ya see it? It's right there. Fact is location , like I said in my last post, is not as big a deal these days.

Figure it out, Detroit is several hundred miles away, all stampings, frames, transmissions ect. come from ( say it with me ) DETROIT. So DTP gets all the good sheet metal since there in the backyard, KCAP gets all the reworks and shit. We still have the best quality .All the components to build or final destination, c'mon, seems everyone up north wants KCAP gone, kind of like an insurance policy for everyone up there to make you feel safe and all fuzzy inside. We have Norfolk, Jersey, St. Louis, Minnesota, Tennesee, and probably more who came to KCAP. Another move would be buisiness as usual for most, life goes on...

• 2 weeks later...

Figure it out, Detroit is several hundred miles away, all stampings, frames, transmissions ect. come from ( say it with me ) DETROIT. So DTP gets all the good sheet metal since there in the backyard, KCAP gets all the reworks and shit. We still have the best quality .All the components to build or final destination, c'mon, seems everyone up north wants KCAP gone, kind of like an insurance policy for everyone up there to make you feel safe and all fuzzy inside. We have Norfolk, Jersey, St. Louis, Minnesota, Tennesee, and probably more who came to KCAP. Another move would be buisiness as usual for most, life goes on...

How did that P415 launch go at DTP?

You just told everyone something about DTP

Lets see here DTP gets all the top quality parts Stamping,Frames,Transmissions etc

This is Funny Quality Standards are the same on all parts shipped no matter where they go

Fact is KCAP builds a better quality truck than DTP

They want KCAP gone because KCAP sets the standard for assembly plants in North America

It's bad to say but FORD could close KCAP........KTP could build F-150's and once LAP is retooled they could buld the new version Escape....

Ford did same thing to Norfolk,they built DTP and closed Norfolk.....

You never know what this company will do.......Hopefully we can all stay working!!!

Best of Luck to you!!!

Umm.....,,,LAP is already going to build the new version escape. Where have you been?

DTP is the best assembly plant in the world!!! We put out record numbers of quality trucks everyday......KCAP you will match us one day..

DTP will always be the most favored plant in the world for Ford... DTP,KTP and Avon Lake will be the 3 plants building the pickups in the future..all 3 are in the "supply chain", sorry thats just how it is.. the V6 is coming from Cleveland the V8 from Detroit and Windsor..Norfolk was closed because it was out of the supply chain its just that simple..

KC will get a different vehicle though....next Ranger or some other car....

DTP will always be the most favored plant in the world for Ford... DTP,KTP and Avon Lake will be the 3 plants building the pickups in the future..all 3 are in the "supply chain", sorry thats just how it is.. the V6 is coming from Cleveland the V8 from Detroit and Windsor..Norfolk was closed because it was out of the supply chain its just that simple..

KC will get a different vehicle though....next Ranger or some other car....

just how it is you may be right no plant building trucks has matched kcap and never will

f-150 has been there since 1961 for a good reason "quality"

move the f-150 out of kcap and i will not buy another one and i may work for ford and not drive a ford

quality products are not built in michigan or ohio

top plants in north america are in missouri and kansas kcap and fairfax

in 2011 i will vote for the company fuck you assholes playing into this whipsaw bullshit UAW Detroit is a suck city it sucks from the tax payers and returns nothing

other than islamic nuts with bad underwear

:censored: