AAI losing B shift announcement

deflep1

For the record, I'm certainly not happy if I'm right about losing a shift. As for the confusion on the day of the announcement : Mon or Tues, I was told the announcement would be on Mon, but some unit leaders said the company would wait to have a town hall meeting on Tues. In the past, we've had town hall meetings the day after a big announcement to discuss the news, I don't know how they will schedule it. It does worry me about the future of the plant, some management is convinced we're going to close in a few years...Mazda could pull out and the Mustang could go elsewhere. I think it's possible, but too many things can happen in 2 or 3 years in this business to try to predict the future. As for the Saline loan outs, Bob King and our local leaders all said contractually the loan outs would have to come back if we lose a shift. This is their home plant, and you can't have a higher seniority person on ILO because of losing a shift while lower seniority workers are still working on a loan out. Saline management told some AAI workers on Thurs. they are going to hate to lose them because of AAI losing a shift, and they'd have to go back. As for all the animosity towards me relaying the information I've been told, if I'm wrong then bust me on it and the hundreds of other people who have been talking about this for months.(most of them have never posted on this site) We need to support each other with the truth and good information. If we lose the shift, then please give good info on the plants who are taking the laid off workers, and try to help out your fellow worker. We've had hundreds if not a thousand of new transfers in the last 6 years, and I've always tried to help them out and make the transition easier. If I have to leave this plant again, I hope my new fellow workers will try to help me!

• Like 1

For the record, I'm certainly not happy if I'm right about losing a shift. As for the confusion on the day of the announcement : Mon or Tues, I was told the announcement would be on Mon, but some unit leaders said the company would wait to have a town hall meeting on Tues. In the past, we've had town hall meetings the day after a big announcement to discuss the news, I don't know how they will schedule it. It does worry me about the future of the plant, some management is convinced we're going to close in a few years...Mazda could pull out and the Mustang could go elsewhere. I think it's possible, but too many things can happen in 2 or 3 years in this business to try to predict the future. As for the Saline loan outs, Bob King and our local leaders all said contractually the loan outs would have to come back if we lose a shift. This is their home plant, and you can't have a higher seniority person on ILO because of losing a shift while lower seniority workers are still working on a loan out. Saline management told some AAI workers on Thurs. they are going to hate to lose them because of AAI losing a shift, and they'd have to go back. As for all the animosity towards me relaying the information I've been told, if I'm wrong then bust me on it and the hundreds of other people who have been talking about this for months.(most of them have never posted on this site) We need to support each other with the truth and good information. If we lose the shift, then please give good info on the plants who are taking the laid off workers, and try to help out your fellow worker. We've had hundreds if not a thousand of new transfers in the last 6 years, and I've always tried to help them out and make the transition easier. If I have to leave this plant again, I hope my new fellow workers will try to help me!

I doubt if Mazda would pull out with t he dollar being so low againt the Yen. Anyway, I have been hearing AAI is going to close for the last 15 years. It is one of Ford's most modern plants and there have been times when the plant was in worse shape. Agin, time will tell what happens.

• Like 1

Don't forget that AAi is a TAX FREE ZONE which took an act of congress to create, so I highly doubt that FoMoCo is going to walk away from that. Mazda just needs to get ITS SHIT together and design a car that doesn't cost an arm and leg and SELLS. AAi problem is there are WAY to many layers of management and of course all the BRAINWASHED AAi originals.

• Like 1

Don't forget that AAi is a TAX FREE ZONE which took an act of congress to create, so I highly doubt that FoMoCo is going to walk away from that. Mazda just needs to get ITS SHIT together and design a car that doesn't cost an arm and leg and SELLS. AAi problem is there are WAY to many layers of management and of course all the BRAINWASHED AAi originals.

3 negative's. too funny. very,very true!

• Like 1

Council meeting for Tuesday has scheduled Auto Alliance Plant vs City of Flat Rock. From what I have heard of the past council meetings, the tax on the equipment is what is to be disputed. The city gets so much for the tax on equipment. Flat Rock, like many other surrounding cities where plants are, have been affected by properties where assessments were lowered and then of course property has decreased also. I believe this dispute is over tax on equipment or machinery. Ford believes the value has dropped considerably and the city I believe is basing this on a 2 shift production schedule and saying that equipment should remain the same if 2 shifts are still operating. This is what gets very interesting when it comes to your above posts. If the City of Flat Rock is in a dispute with Auto Alliance, could this be the fate of if one shift stays and one is eliminated?Or will the decision of 1 shift be known after the result of this council meeting?

Council meeting for Tuesday has scheduled Auto Alliance Plant vs City of Flat Rock. From what I have heard of the past council meetings, the tax on the equipment is what is to be disputed. The city gets so much for the tax on equipment. Flat Rock, like many other surrounding cities where plants are, have been affected by properties where assessments were lowered and then of course property has decreased also. I believe this dispute is over tax on equipment or machinery. Ford believes the value has dropped considerably and the city I believe is basing this on a 2 shift production schedule and saying that equipment should remain the same if 2 shifts are still operating. This is what gets very interesting when it comes to your above posts. If the City of Flat Rock is in a dispute with Auto Alliance, could this be the fate of if one shift stays and one is eliminated?Or will the decision of 1 shift be known after the result of this council meeting?

well, I suppose no incoming tax is better then quibing about nickles and dimes! I think the city of Flat Rock is a joke too! Maybe F.Rock should consider repairing the roads around the plant. Flat Rock treats AAI employees like 3rd class citizens. Cops love handing us tickets all the time. Everyone is hurting even local government's. Get over it Flat Rock!

• Like 2

Ok, it's Monday. Let me guess, it will be announced tues. or it will be announced some time this month/year.

Town Hall meeting is scheduled to start at 3:45pm,4 meetings in all to be exact, memos all over plant. Is this enough proof hi-lo feva? As far as DrX comments go,it seems he has no idea of politics , or the intelligence of the workforce at AAI.

• Like 4

not if aai goes to one shift. they have to come back because they're loaned out. those people are still part of the aai system.

sorry you are wrong...if somone at saline falls in line to get layed off he or she will..we are here because of reductions..if we have seniority we stay...

kh1, the union confirmed your statement on Saline loan outs. If your seniority date is lower then the cutoff date, you're laid off...if it's higher you can stay. (Earlier they said everyone would have to leave, but I guess they found a way to keep the high seniority there) My rep said they don't have an official cutoff date yet. I asked if my late '93-early '94 scenario was in the ballpark and he yes it would be sometime close to that. The company announced a July 12th date for losing B shift. There would be 950 jobs affected (including salary). They would return to 68jph and stay on 4-10's for the time being. The only placement info they had was 550 RTBU's for Michigan Assembly. The union said there could be more openings at MAP other then the RTBU's, but couldn't confirm that. They also said Louisville KY and Chicago IL would have openings. We were told we all would be placed, but where is anybody's guess. They had the meeting at 3:55, the line stopped 10 minutes earlier. This is the latest into a shift that we've had a town hall meeting, some bosses on Thursday thought they'd wait until Tues. morning to have the meeting, but they hurriedly got everything done today. The company praised us for matching the Fusion's quality with the Mustang's quality, the highest in the whole company....then told us we have to leave. I wanted to ask if we built a shitty car, could we stay? I hope you guys can help us out with info when we find out what plants are going to be open. It will take months to sort all this out, and we've got almost 5 months before the last day of B shift. Good luck to all of us, we're going to need it!

• Like 1

kh1, the union confirmed your statement on Saline loan outs. If your seniority date is lower then the cutoff date, you're laid off...if it's higher you can stay. (Earlier they said everyone would have to leave, but I guess they found a way to keep the high seniority there) My rep said they don't have an official cutoff date yet. I asked if my late '93-early '94 scenario was in the ballpark and he yes it would be sometime close to that. The company announced a July 12th date for losing B shift. There would be 950 jobs affected (including salary). They would return to 68jph and stay on 4-10's for the time being. The only placement info they had was 550 RTBU's for Michigan Assembly. The union said there could be more openings at MAP other then the RTBU's, but couldn't confirm that. They also said Louisville KY and Chicago IL would have openings. We were told we all would be placed, but where is anybody's guess. They had the meeting at 3:55, the line stopped 10 minutes earlier. This is the latest into a shift that we've had a town hall meeting, some bosses on Thursday thought they'd wait until Tues. morning to have the meeting, but they hurriedly got everything done today. The company praised us for matching the Fusion's quality with the Mustang's quality, the highest in the whole company....then told us we have to leave. I wanted to ask if we built a shitty car, could we stay? I hope you guys can help us out with info when we find out what plants are going to be open. It will take months to sort all this out, and we've got almost 5 months before the last day of B shift. Good luck to all of us, we're going to need it!

I work at Saline. I was just curious why they say Saline people have to return. What about the other temp. assignments? Shouldn't they have to return to AAI.

I have early 93 seniority. I hope I stay at Saline.

Edited by KH1

I work at Saline. I was just curious why they say Saline people have to return. What about the other temp. assignments? Shouldn't they have to return to AAI.

My guess is that whatever happens with the people at Saline, it will be that same for the people at Sheldon Rd. I am a temp. at AAI that came from Sheldon Rd. Trades. So I am trying to figure out whats going to happen to the temps who went to AAI.

My guess is that whatever happens with the people at Saline, it will be that same for the people at Sheldon Rd. I am a temp. at AAI that came from Sheldon Rd. Trades. So I am trying to figure out whats going to happen to the temps who went to AAI.