2011 F-150 Start Date

BlueOval5.0

I was perusing other truck sites and thought I read that the 2011 F-150 won't begin production until November 2010? Is this accurate? That seems awful late based on other Ford models such as the 2011 Super Duty and Mustang which are due to begin next month. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks,

Eric

Edited by BlueOval5.0

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was perusing other truck sites and thought I readt that the 2011 F-150 won't begin production until November 2010? Is this accurate? That seems awful late based on other Ford models such as the 2011 Super Duty and Mustang which are due to begin next month. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks,

Eric

Yes. Its late. Remember new engines. Its not a typical year. I hope this is wrong, but so far no evidence to sugest otherwise.

http://www.phharval.com/images/stories/News-and-Media/Motor-Company-News/US/2010/020110FordUS3.pdf

Yes. Its late. Remember new engines. Its not a typical year. I hope this is wrong, but so far no evidence to sugest otherwise.

http://www.phharval.com/images/stories/News-and-Media/Motor-Company-News/US/2010/020110FordUS3.pdf

Thanks for posting the link to the information. I was hoping to get into a new ride sometime this summer. I guess my options are to wait it out, buy a 2010 model, or move up into a Super Duty.

Eric

No Problem. I was considering going with a 2011 SD 6.2L. But IMHO they only look v good with 20's. And given I can't get a gas job with 20's... I guess I'll wait for a 2011 F150... And if they don't offer the 6.2L in a F150, not sure what I'll do? Perhaps the EB will blow our minds and we'll all want one? Wait and see

No Problem. I was considering going with a 2011 SD 6.2L. But IMHO they only look v good with 20's. And given I can't get a gas job with 20's... I guess I'll wait for a 2011 F150... And if they don't offer the 6.2L in a F150, not sure what I'll do? Perhaps the EB will blow our minds and we'll all want one? Wait and see

Didn't know you could not get 20"s on the F250 with 6.2L, I'd live with the 18" wheels. I don't need a SD truck so will probably wait for 2011 F-150. I'd love to get the 6.2L but I have doubts that it will be offered across all trims lines. The 5.0L should be good enough - it was on my '93 and that only had 185 HP.

Didn't know you could not get 20"s on the F250 with 6.2L, I'd live with the 18" wheels. I don't need a SD truck so will probably wait for 2011 F-150. I'd love to get the 6.2L but I have doubts that it will be offered across all trims lines. The 5.0L should be good enough - it was on my '93 and that only had 185 HP.

Unless you are towing some serious weight, are tow in the hills/mountains a lot, the 5.0 should be fine. The "boat anchor" 5.4 does fine in my '05 F150 towing 6000-6500 lbs. And it has the old 4 speed auto. I've heard the 6 speed itself makes a world of difference. You should be good with the 5.0...I would seriously take a look at the EB 3.5 myself. That's the F150 engine that I am excited about...since the 4.4L diesel may never make it. :(

As long as you know the new 5.0L has ZERO in common with the old 302.

As long as you know the new 5.0L has ZERO in common with the old 302.

Understood.

Actually, the 4.6L/5.4L engines would be more than enough for my needs. I'm looking for a family hauler/utility vehicle. I've always had a pickup truck ('87 Dakota regular cab, '93 S-10 regular cab, '93 F-150 Super Cab, '95 Ram regular cab, '00 Frontier super cab) but with three kids, a Super Crew has become a necessity.

We were thinking about getting a camper (not sure if I should go with a tow behind or 5th wheel) - that's the extent of my towing. I use the bed for light duty stuff (lawn mowing equipment, snow throwers, firewood, mulch, etc).

That's why I'm thinking the F-150 would be enough for me although that 2011 Super Duty is starting to look appealing to me too! There is a 2007 F-150 KR Super Crew 4x4 for sale by me - maybe I should check that out first.

Thanks,

Eric

Thanks for posting the link to the information. I was hoping to get into a new ride sometime this summer. I guess my options are to wait it out, buy a 2010 model, or move up into a Super Duty.

Eric

I'm in the same boat; I was hoping to buy a 2011 F-150 this summer, and likewise was hoping (dreaming) that I could get the 5.0 Coyote in a STX 4x4, and build a poor man's Raptor. I guess I'll dig deep for a 6.2 Raptor or wait until fall?

CC

Edited by CobraCrazy

I'm in the same boat; I was hoping to buy a 2011 F-150 this summer, and likewise was hoping (dreaming) that I could get the 5.0 Coyote in a STX 4x4, and build a poor man's Raptor. I guess I'll dig deep for a 6.2 Raptor or wait until fall?

CC

I saw some Raptors for sale on eBay for less than MSRP - I wonder if some markets are having trouble selling them. I'm sure the 5.0 will be available in the STX but you will be waiting until 2011 to take delivery just like me.

The current incentives are attractive but I am trying to wait it out and not buy a 2010 model. I want my next truck to be the last one I buy for a decade or longer so I am going to get what I think is best.

Best of luck,

Eric

I saw some Raptors for sale on eBay for less than MSRP - I wonder if some markets are having trouble selling them. I'm sure the 5.0 will be available in the STX but you will be waiting until 2011 to take delivery just like me.

The current incentives are attractive but I am trying to wait it out and not buy a 2010 model. I want my next truck to be the last one I buy for a decade or longer so I am going to get what I think is best.

Best of luck,

Eric

Eric thanks for the e-bay info. I love the front end on the Raptor, but I'm not sure I need that much 4X4 capability. If no to the Raptor, I'm definately waiting for the 2011 model; like you it will have to last me a long time.

Tony

Eric

redcard.gif

Wait for the 2011 SD or F-150. If you buy a 2010 F series truck you will wish you waited a little longer for the new engines/trans and other updates. Especially on the SD.hyper.gif

redcard.gif

Wait for the 2011 SD or F-150. If you buy a 2010 F series truck you will wish you waited a little longer for the new engines/trans and other updates. Especially on the SD.hyper.gif

Oops, sorry if I misled led you on my statement. I was trying to say I was waiting for the 2011 model of either truck. I've noticed a few members have already ordered the 2011 SD - I want to see it with my own eyes first.

Thanks,

Eric

redcard.gif

I bet you'll be able to get a great deal on a 2010 though. The 5.4L has proven to be a very reliable mill as well. Plus, 2010 is the last year for the 6.8L, I can see some reasons why one would prefer it to a 6.2L.

I've been wanting a new truck but arguing with myself if I really need one. My 2001 SD has been and still is a great truck. It is in great shape and only 54,000 miles. I like it's looks better than the '10 or "11 SD 'tho the '11 is getting better, IMO. I do like the new F150's looks alot. The thing that is pushing me close to a new truck is the new 6 speed trans and the 6.2 engine. My 5.4 has been a great engine but the increase in power and fuel economy with the new powertrain has me geeked. IF the 6.2 becomes available in the F150 it will surely push me over the edge and I WILL be buying one.

ARE YOU LISTENING FORD? To me it seems a no brainer to offer the 6.2 in the F150. If the mileage gains are there in the SD versus the 5.4 surely they would be there for the F150 as well. Not to mention the increased power. Seems like a big win-win and sure to be a big seller.

I'm hoping and waiting...............

I was perusing other truck sites and thought I read that the 2011 F-150 won't begin production until November 2010? Is this accurate? That seems awful late based on other Ford models such as the 2011 Super Duty and Mustang which are due to begin next month. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks,

Eric

Not accurate.

did not say it was fake said not accurate we do not comment on exact dates of future product that is all for now more info at the end of the month

Mike: U hear anything u can talk about on the 5.0 coyote going into the f-150 anytime soon?????

did not say it was fake said not accurate we do not comment on exact dates of future product that is all for now more info at the end of the month

OK.

Given the reporting embargo on the EB F150 ends at the end of the year it has to be close.

• 3 weeks later...

Mike, Have you heard or can you say anything further on the 2011 engines. We are particularly curious about the 6.2. Thank you.

redcard.gif

Well, yes and no. With me anyways, I never buy the 1st/2nd MY of any vehicle that has been significantly updated. Being the 5.0L will be new, I'd consider this a significant change. Just like I personally wouldn't purchase an '09/'10 F150, since it too was significantly updated. This is why I own and '06 F150, the 3rd MY of the 04-08 platform.

Also, I usually wait until the end of year to purchase, as they usually have excellent deals on the outgoing model year, being the dealers are trying to make room for the new MY coming in.

So if the 4.6L or 5.4L will meet your needs and the price is right, simply buy a 2010 and you shouldn't have any regrets.

I bet you'll be able to get a great deal on a 2010 though. The 5.4L has proven to be a very reliable mill as well. Plus, 2010 is the last year for the 6.8L, I can see some reasons why one would prefer it to a 6.2L.

From what I've heard, the 6.8L will still be offered, but only in the 450s.

Well, yes and no. With me anyways, I never buy the 1st/2nd MY of any vehicle that has been significantly updated. Being the 5.0L will be new, I'd consider this a significant change. Just like I personally wouldn't purchase an '09/'10 F150, since it too was significantly updated. This is why I own and '06 F150, the 3rd MY of the 04-08 platform.

Also, I usually wait until the end of year to purchase, as they usually have excellent deals on the outgoing model year, being the dealers are trying to make room for the new MY coming in.

So if the 4.6L or 5.4L will meet your needs and the price is right, simply buy a 2010 and you shouldn't have any regrets.

From what I've heard, the 6.8L will still be offered, but only in the 450s.

I like the way u think but u didn't wait long enough if u have an 5.4 u still got plug and cam phaser issues, I really want a coyote but as u say 1st MY makes me nervous as I got bit on the 5.4!!

• 4 weeks later...

So DetroitMike the end of the month has past by and we are in May. Wheres the beef? ie do you have any news on 2011 f150 production start? November does seem quite late. Buying at year end does not make economic sense unless you either get a lot of cash on the hood or you have an emergency replacement need. We appreciate your input.