2011 F-150 Start Date

BlueOval5.0

So DetroitMike the end of the month has past by and we are in May. Wheres the beef? ie do you have any news on 2011 f150 production start? November does seem quite late. Buying at year end does not make economic sense unless you either get a lot of cash on the hood or you have an emergency replacement need. We appreciate your input.

Well I have not heard an actual date yet, but we have been running our pre-launch trials through the system for 3 weeks now. I would have to say it will be a normal September launch. It might be the 3.5 EB that launches in November. We have not seen those yet, just the 3.7 and 5.0.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have not heard an actual date yet, but we have been running our pre-launch trials through the system for 3 weeks now. I would have to say it will be a normal September launch. It might be the 3.5 EB that launches in November. We have not seen those yet, just the 3.7 and 5.0.

DD: Welcome back, let us know when u can if u see a 5.0 4V in an f-150 I am going to order as soon as I can.

Per the latest Fleet Distribution News Bulletin - May 21, 2010

11/19/10 - 2010 MY Job Last Date

08/16/10 - 2011 MY Order Bank Open Date

10/14/10 - 2011 MY Scheduling Begins

11/22/10 - 2011 MY Job #1 Date

Hmm so based on Aug 16 order ban opening we can expect order guide around the same time then....

• 1 month later...

Probably be another 5 weeks of silence until 'hopefully' the order guides are out.... with #s not just "tbd".

Just read on another forum that essex engine is gearing up for 2 shifts to build the 5.0 4V coyote for the f-150 supposed to be at full speed by Sept 1 sure hope so????

• 3 weeks later...

I can't believe we haven't heard more solid news about engine choices and output, and other potential features. It's August and still nothing.

It's driving me crazy as well: I'm trying to decide if I should drop the new 5.0 in my 2002 F150-Reg-cab, stepside which currently has the 4.6 (so I could get a manual !),

buy a 6.2 Raptor (love the way it looks, don't really need this much 4X4 though),

or wait for the 2011s and try to order a poor-man's Raptor (so I want to know if I can order an STX with the 5.0, etc.)

• 2 weeks later...

It's driving me crazy as well: I'm trying to decide if I should drop the new 5.0 in my 2002 F150-Reg-cab, stepside which currently has the 4.6 (so I could get a manual !),

buy a 6.2 Raptor (love the way it looks, don't really need this much 4X4 though),

or wait for the 2011s and try to order a poor-man's Raptor (so I want to know if I can order an STX with the 5.0, etc.)

I want heated and cooled seats, the tow mirrors, max tow package, and the electronic locking axle on a Lariat trim package. What would be really awesome is the power fold feature on the tow mirrors like the Super duty has, but I doubt it will happen any time soon. i can't believe we're still waiting for the order guide one week before the order bank opens for MY2011.

I want heated and cooled seats, the tow mirrors, max tow package, and the electronic locking axle on a Lariat trim package. What would be really awesome is the power fold feature on the tow mirrors like the Super duty has, but I doubt it will happen any time soon. i can't believe we're still waiting for the order guide one week before the order bank opens for MY2011.

I hope its out this week! Got to be?

Is it just me or with the new Explorer it seemed like a dozen key "insiders" could provide dates for everything, With the F150, zip.

I think Ford is holding off as long as possible so as to sell as many 2010's as they can. I figure as soon as the 2011 and its better engines and fuel economy hits the market, it's gonna be tough to sell a 2010 unless they mark them way down.

And Power Kid- it seems that all that you and I do are follow each other around on these forums trying to find new info on the 2011's! :hysterical:

You keep looking and I will too. If I find anything good I will post it on pickuptrucks.com

I think Ford is holding off as long as possible so as to sell as many 2010's as they can. I figure as soon as the 2011 and its better engines and fuel economy hits the market, it's gonna be tough to sell a 2010 unless they mark them way down.

I think your right. They've even got an additional 1,000 dollar end of year incentive on the window sticker of the trucks I've seen, and production of the 2010's has ended correct?

And Power Kid- it seems that all that you and I do are follow each other around on these forums trying to find new info on the 2011's! :hysterical:

You keep looking and I will too. If I find anything good I will post it on pickuptrucks.com

What I meant is that the dates in terms of when the the order guide comes out etc were well knowni n Explorer circles, but no one sems to talk in F150 circles. The sales of 2010s and inventory mgmt is nothing new & no suprise. The dates of releases etc have been know for a long time, they havn't changed, its just no one is saying what they are.

What I meant is that the dates in terms of when the the order guide comes out etc were well knowni n Explorer circles, but no one sems to talk in F150 circles. The sales of 2010s and inventory mgmt is nothing new & no suprise. The dates of releases etc have been know for a long time, they havn't changed, its just no one is saying what they are.

There are engineering changes that are being worked in for the '11 model that haven't gone exactly as planned that keep pushing the launch date back. Nothing to do with the powertrains.

New rumor is for a launch close to the end of the year.