2011 MKS to debut at NY auto show?

I'm thinking the revised 2011 MKS might debut at the NY Auto Show based on a number of reasons....a prototype was caught a year ago (March 2009... see it here http://www.autoweek.com/article/20090304/carnews/903049993 ) and the timing is similar to the Edge/MKX prototypes (pics caught last April 2009, Job 1 June 2010. The job 1 for the 2011 MKS is May 3 2010. Also, Mullaly will be the guest speaker and they will have to have something to show, and the only thing left is the new Explorer (which some think wont be revealed yet) and the new Mercury Tracer.

Besides a new front and rear, I'd expect the MKS to receive the 305-hp 3.7 V6 as std and a revised dash with Lincoln MyTouch as std.

I'm thinking the revised 2011 MKS might debut at the NY Auto Show based on a number of reasons....a prototype was caught a year ago (March 2009... see it here http://www.autoweek.com/article/20090304/carnews/903049993 ) and the timing is similar to the Edge/MKX prototypes (pics caught last April 2009, Job 1 June 2010. The job 1 for the 2011 MKS is May 3 2010. Also, Mullaly will be the guest speaker and they will have to have something to show, and the only thing left is the new Explorer (which some think wont be revealed yet) and the new Mercury Tracer.

Besides a new front and rear, I'd expect the MKS to receive the 305-hp 3.7 V6 as std and a revised dash with Lincoln MyTouch as std.

What the heck this aricle its from a year ago when they introduced the Ecoboost on the MKS

But that camouflaged vehicle wasn't the EcoBoost MKS. It is in fact getting a refresh this year. There were spy shots of the updated MKT-like interior several months ago.

I remember when these spy shots came out, and we haven't heard from this prototype again. I'm very skeptical that this car is anything but the current gen MKS still in camo for whatever reason. You can see no changes through the camo, not even the shape of the grille, lower air-damn, headlamps, etc... What are they revising then? And considering that this is well short of their MCE cycle, it just doesn't add up to a facelift for 2011. The car's interior could use an update for the new cabin tech, that's about all I can imagine happening, and the MKS isn't the only one made obsolete by the new My* Touch configuration.

While I am a little skeptical of a New York release, the Lincoln is do for a re-make. Ford is making a lot of effort to keep the their important products fresh. Consider that the MKZ came out in 2006. Was refreshed in 2007 and again in 2010. I would say the MKS will get some kind of refresh for 2011 MY.

I remember when these spy shots came out, and we haven't heard from this prototype again. I'm very skeptical that this car is anything but the current gen MKS still in camo for whatever reason. You can see no changes through the camo, not even the shape of the grille, lower air-damn, headlamps, etc... What are they revising then? And considering that this is well short of their MCE cycle, it just doesn't add up to a facelift for 2011. The car's interior could use an update for the new cabin tech, that's about all I can imagine happening, and the MKS isn't the only one made obsolete by the new My* Touch configuration.

I don't expect anything drastic on the exterior at all really. But even the slightest tweaks would still be camo'ed a year prior to launch.

it hasnt really had the success it should have.

Eh, I'd say that's relative. Is it a bombshell? No, but I'm sure it's more than making its keep. Remember the market that it is playing in. $$40K sedans aren't going to sell at the same rate as $20K ones. 1000+ monthly sales is pretty solid for a brand that was all but non-existent in the retail marketplace in this segment before its launch.

Can't seem to locate one offhand, but the guage cluster looked very MKT-ish. Most of it was covered pretty well.

I thought the MKS got the MKT style guages for 2010? The 2009s were the only ones that had that silly little tray under the temp/fuel needles.

Edit to add pics:

2010: http://www.egmcartech.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/2010_lincoln_mks_ecoboost_interior_test_images_001.jpg

2009: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/112_0809_2009_lincoln_mks_awd_quick_test/photo_08.html

Edited by PREMiERdrum

I thought the MKS got the MKT style guages for 2010? The 2009s were the only ones that had that still little tray under the temp/fuel needles.

Edit to add pics:

2010: http://www.egmcartech.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/2010_lincoln_mks_ecoboost_interior_test_images_001.jpg

2009: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/112_0809_2009_lincoln_mks_awd_quick_test/photo_08.html

Well golly gee. Paint me confused. :confused:

Well golly gee. Paint me confused. :confused:

I thought that the spyshots of the '11/'12 MKS showed a camo'd center stack, right? That would be nice to see a change to look like the new MKX, with a bigger center screen to accommodate MyLincoln Touch and the elimination of all the small buttons. Although, the 2010 MKZ was just redone to mimic the interior of the 2010 MKS. Oy vey!

• 1 month later...