Why is there no talk about Fords Hybrid brake software recall?

aggoodin

If Toyota is gonna get crucified by the media for safety equipment recalls why not apply it universally to other brands? Oh, I know why. The government has an interest in american car building and even though Ford is a competitor they need Fords success to promote their own interests in GM and trash the foreign builders. And since the democrats are interested in nothing but power and government control, stepping in and saving the people from Toyota gives them an easy excuse to regulate some more private business and put us further along in our march towards total government dependence.

Let me know if I'm crazy...

That's idiotic.

You're not hearing about the brake software recall because it's NOT A RECALL.

It's not even 'not a recall' by the earlier Toyota standards of 'not a recall' recalls.

This is a widely publicized TSB.

----

Seriously. You have one of the largest automakers in the world hiring NHTSA employees, using them to lobby for favorable treatment, and then bragging about it afterward and you want to know why the MEDIA is making a big deal about this?

Hello!!

Toyota's being dodgy, squirrely, and generally shifty. They've brought this on themselves.

Let's not pretend that the government, with the full cooperation of the US media, is engaged in some hidden conspiracy to bring down ONE of MANY competitors to GM and Chrysler.

• Like 3

If Toyota is gonna get crucified by the media for safety equipment recalls why not apply it universally to other brands? Oh, I know why. The government has an interest in american car building and even though Ford is a competitor they need Fords success to promote their own interests in GM and trash the foreign builders. And since the democrats are interested in nothing but power and government control, stepping in and saving the people from Toyota gives them an easy excuse to regulate some more private business and put us further along in our march towards total government dependence.

Look at the Facts,

Toyota Motor Corp.'s Prius hybrid is under government investigation for loss of braking power, which Toyota says is to blame on overly sensitive antilock brakes.

A recall is required to address a serious loss in brake capacity.

The Fusion Hybrid braking has more to do with brake pedal feel rather than any loss on braking capacity, the problem is linked to oversensitive fault detection software in the regenerative brake system which leads to the pedal sinking further than normal but full friction brake capacity is still available.

A TSB is all that's needed to address the brake feel problem

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

Yeah, you've gone off the deep end with that assertion aggoodin, as RichardJensen described. ;)

Anyway, I hope everything goes smoothly with the software update on your Fusion Hybrid this weekend. nelsonlu mentioned in the Fusion/Milan/MKZ forum that he wasn't able to discern any difference in brake feel post-reflash in his own Fusion Hybrid. I'd be interested to hear about the results in your case as well.

Edited by aneekr

Your crazy. :doh:

Ford is being pro-active and is doing the job without having to be forced into a recall situation.....They found a possible problem, notified you, and are now fixing it.

And, yeah.....you're crazy :hysterical:

Unlike Toyota, Ford hasn't killed anyone over this. They "recalled" the Focus several times just to improve some safety features. They're looking out for you AND their reputation. You're safe. Just an upgrade. My Dad just got a hybrid Fusion. He's very happy........traded in his Corolla.