Another Toyota ran out of control.....another one and another one and....

LoveTaurus

CKNSLS excuse counter  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Check a box if CKNSLS responds to YOUR post with one of the following

• 'They're old'
    • 'They're handicapped'
    • 'The police don't know what they're talking about'
    • 'This happens to other manufacturers'
    • 'I defended the Ford Explorer'
    • 'This is a witch hunt'
    • 'let me answer that question with a question'/evasive answer
    • 'Not a recalled vehicle'
    • 'I'm not saying there's not a problem'

Just heard on the radio, other than the 90mph runaway Prius, there was another just ran into a brick wall.

Couldn't find printed articles on the net yet!

Stuck accelerator sends Toyota Prius into a wall in Harrison 9 Mar 2010

New York's lower Hudson Valley news

MyFox news: A woman crashed her Toyota Prius into a stone wall in Westchester County Tuesday morning, police said. Investigators said the 2005 Prius hit the heavy stone wall in Harrison that it also barreled right through.

MyFox News with VIDEO

CBS News N.Y.

Edited by LoveTaurus

This is hardly news anymore. Just another out of control yota blasting down, across or thu our highways!

However, I find yota's dedication and ingenuity to fixing this problem refreshing:

"Marraccini said the floor mat has been pretty much ruled out as a cause. The 2005 car appears to have had corrective action taken, Marraccini said. The floor mat was tied to the seat base with plastic ties." WTF!!!! :banghead:

No doubt the God damm awful Prius will be "The Truth about Cars" website 2010 Car of the year. Cash bribes to the website must be getting really costly now, and costing Toyota a arm and leg to fund, together with big bribes to buy deathtrap Prius's at huge discounts on interest free loans. I wonder when Toyoda will stop bribing idiots to buy his cars rather than start fixing the cars instead.

Lets hope Bank of Toyoda cash reserves will be running on empty soon with all these cash bribes l hope they go bankrupt, gotta say the only tear l will shed will be tears of happiness if they do, the roads of the world will become a much safer place without them.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

Lets hope Bank of Toyoda cash reserves will be running on empty soon with all these cash bribes l hope they go bankrupt, .....

The news mentioned, there are as much as 89 law suits pending on the runaway issues so far. They may cost Toyota $3 Billion dollars!

• Like 1

No doubt the God damm awful Prius will be "The Truth about Cars" website 2010 Car of the year. Cash bribes to the website must be getting really costly now, and costing Toyota a arm and leg to fund, together with big bribes to buy deathtrap Prius's at huge discounts on interest free loans. I wonder when Toyoda will stop bribing idiots to buy his cars rather than start fixing the cars instead.

Lets hope Bank of Toyoda cash reserves will be running on empty soon with all these cash bribes l hope they go bankrupt, gotta say the only tear l will shed will be tears of happiness if they do, the roads of the world will become a much safer place without them.

I'm curious to see if CR pulls their recommendation of the Prius now that it appears to be affected too. They made a big stink recently about how great the Prius is and how it's not affected by the recalls or other problems. Whoops!!!

Gotta love those data coming from subscribers who only drive the vehicles you recommend. Very sound protocol you have there CR. :slap:

More News from UK

UK Toyota Driver Who Ran Over, Killed Wife, Claims He Couldn't Stop Car 10 Mar 2010

Sorry for that guy!

Retired surveyor William Hippsley drove forward in his Prius – dragging wife Brenda 130 feet in a Tesco supermarket car park.

Click --> MyFox News UK

I found myself start hunting for Toyota News.

This morning there was a car out of control, ran through a fence and down a slope on to the commuters Path train tracks in NJ, disrupted services. It was flipped over, the reporter couldn't make out was it a Toyota! Well from the photos I saw, it was probably a Chrysler Cirrus. :doh:

Edited by LoveTaurus

Minnesota doctor says his Toyota Prius nearly killed him 11 Mar 2010

ROCHESTER, Minn. -- According to Hoffman he had just shifted the car into reverse in a hotel parking lot, when it accelerated backwards at a high rate of speed. "This was flying," he said. "My guess is 35 or 40 miles an hour."

Click --> KARE 11 News

Click --> Arklatexhomepage

Edited by LoveTaurus

Out-Of-Control Toyota Rolls In Middletown 11 Mar 2010

MIDDLETOWN, Conn. -- An out-of-control Toyota was involved in a crash in Middletown Thursday afternoon, police said.

Police said the 2006 Camry lost control at Middlesex Health Care Center on Saybrook Road at about 1 p.m. They said the vehicle rolled over in the crash.

Click --> wfsb Eyewitness News

Traffic Crash At Jefferson Pointe Mall May Be Linked To Sticking Gas Pedals - 2006 Lexus ES 11 Mar 2010

FORT WAYNE, IN (Indiana's NewsCenter) --- Fort Wayne Police are trying to confirm whether a traffic accident on the west side of town Thursday was caused by a malfunctioning accelerator. A 2006 Lexus plowed into a light pole just outside Biaggi’s Restaurant during the noon hour.

Click --> Indianas News Center

Traffic Crash At Jefferson Pointe Mall May Be Linked To Sticking Gas Pedals - 2006 Lexus ES 11 Mar 2010

FORT WAYNE, IN (Indiana's NewsCenter) --- Fort Wayne Police are trying to confirm whether a traffic accident on the west side of town Thursday was caused by a malfunctioning accelerator. A 2006 Lexus plowed into a light pole just outside Biaggi’s Restaurant during the noon hour.

Click --> Indianas News Center

"She was able to tell officers she believes a sticking gas pedal was to blame." "Believes" is they key word here. Again, the only way to know for sure is if Toyota or The Feds get involved. I wonder how old she is?

I can "believe in flying saucers" - doesn't make it true. I wonder how old she is? :) And again it says "Police are trying to determine......." Not knocking law enforcement here, but they really don't have the expertise to determine what is happening to these cars.

Edited by CKNSLS

See my earlier post. Why are the ones' that crash always lean towards "mature age" status?

maybe "Betty" didnt read the chapter titled " What to do when experiencing sudden acceleration " in the manual she got when she purchased her new Toyota.....ahem......and perhaps Toyota should set an age limit on their customers to avoid this type of situation....

• Like 1

"She was able to tell officers she believes a sticking gas pedal was to blame." "Believes" is they key word here. Again, the only way to know for sure is if Toyota or The Feds get involved. I wonder how old she is?

I can "believe in flying saucers" - doesn't make it true. I wonder how old she is?

I AM teasing CKNSLS....and yes, this coule be a tad of "grandstanding" and an OUT/ excuse for inferior driving habits....I would LOVE for each and every black box to be analysed, if only to sort the corrupt from the real...it could also save Yoda some money in the deluge of lawsuits they are soon to be swamped in......

Pretty expensive car. I betcha it's not a 23 year old driving it.

NEWS FLASH...Toyota blaming fledging age related Depth Perception for mounting Toyota crash totals.....they are recalling ALL car manuals, the fix is LARGER typefaces....

• Like 1

NEWS FLASH...Toyota blaming fledging age related Depth Perception for mounting Toyota crash totals.....they are recalling ALL car manuals, the fix is LARGER typefaces....

I would love the black boxes to be looked at as well. But "mature people" running in to fixed objects happens ALL THE TIME. I know you guys watch the nightly news too. It's to the point now where any Toyota that crashes it going to get splattered all over the news/internet.

You other guys have to know some of these cases are "suspect" and the cops don't have the expertise to make the call. Some of these people want some cash....don't you think?

Edited by CKNSLS

I would love the black boxes to be looked at as well. But "mature people" running in to fixed objects happens ALL THE TIME. I know you guys watch the nightly news too. It's to the point now where any Toyota that crashes it going to get splattered all over the news/internet.

You other guys have to know some of these cases are "suspect" and the cops don't have the expertise to make the call. Some of these people want some cash....don't you think?

personally I think its more a cop out for sub-standard driving...hey I witness bad driving daily around a certain area called Leisure World...google, and you will understand....should call it Panther ville....LOTS AND LOTS of Grand Marquis and Vics...and Lexus.....hell, they are bad enough with just shopping carts.... :redcard: