Auto Alliance

daveyb

It's not just because it affects me personally (ok, maybe it is), but whilst we are on 'temporary long term loan' to Saline, it's just impossible to get any good info on the whole shift thing coming up. Or not coming up. or bad info either, for that matter.

Let's hear what's going or not going on over there! I need to know what rockin rob and the less informed are thinking. come on now, dish.

• Like 1

It's not just because it affects me personally (ok, maybe it is), but whilst we are on 'temporary long term loan' to Saline, it's just impossible to get any good info on the whole shift thing coming up. Or not coming up. or bad info either, for that matter.

Let's hear what's going or not going on over there! I need to know what rockin rob and the less informed are thinking. come on now, dish.

Hey Dave, how's it going? Unit leaders and other bosses are getting worried and are jumping ship. They won't know until June if they still have a job when we lose b shift. If they are cut, they have to find a new job in the system before b shift ends, or they are considered to have "voluntarily quit". Linda Bell left today for a new job in Toronto(she quit). Dave Koeller, who's been our boss on A shift until 2 weeks ago, is going to Van Dyke next week. Other bosses are looking at other offers too. The union says we should find out what plants are open in May. Dearborn Truck & Mich. Assembly will be open, as well as Chicago. Sheldon Rd and Saline might have a bunch of openings too, they said. Everyone in the plant gets to pick, and some high seniority might leave, as well as some '93-'95 sen. who would be in the bottom 100 if they stay. The RTBU's for Mich Truck are being canvassed, once that's straightened out (workers who were forced out can return, workers who voluntarily went to another plant from MI. Truck have lost their recall rights) our union will find out how many openings will be there. The Wayne plant chairman is trying to stop any other workers from going to MI. Assembly, but the international told him he can't stop the postings. Our last day on b shift would be June 24th, then we'd have a non production week, then a shutdown week. July 12th would be the official date for only having A (one) shift, people who picked a new plant would be there by then, or would be on TLO or ILO, (depending if the union works out us not having to use our sub weeks) waiting for MI. Assembly to open or Chicago to start their new shift. I hope that helps, if you have any specific questions, I'll try to answer them or find the correct info for you!

• Like 1

Hey Dave, how's it going? Unit leaders and other bosses are getting worried and are jumping ship. They won't know until June if they still have a job when we lose b shift. If they are cut, they have to find a new job in the system before b shift ends, or they are considered to have "voluntarily quit". Linda Bell left today for a new job in Toronto(she quit). Dave Koeller, who's been our boss on A shift until 2 weeks ago, is going to Van Dyke next week. Other bosses are looking at other offers too. The union says we should find out what plants are open in May. Dearborn Truck & Mich. Assembly will be open, as well as Chicago. Sheldon Rd and Saline might have a bunch of openings too, they said. Everyone in the plant gets to pick, and some high seniority might leave, as well as some '93-'95 sen. who would be in the bottom 100 if they stay. The RTBU's for Mich Truck are being canvassed, once that's straightened out (workers who were forced out can return, workers who voluntarily went to another plant from MI. Truck have lost their recall rights) our union will find out how many openings will be there. The Wayne plant chairman is trying to stop any other workers from going to MI. Assembly, but the international told him he can't stop the postings. Our last day on b shift would be June 24th, then we'd have a non production week, then a shutdown week. July 12th would be the official date for only having A (one) shift, people who picked a new plant would be there by then, or would be on TLO or ILO, (depending if the union works out us not having to use our sub weeks) waiting for MI. Assembly to open or Chicago to start their new shift. I hope that helps, if you have any specific questions, I'll try to answer them or find the correct info for you!

Is Darnella still there?

Is Darnella still there?

No, but that dang stella is here.

Hey DeFlep, my biggest question is, I guess, how can I bend time so that I can know now what I'll know when I know it? Impatience is definitely a vice of mine.

But if you do know how to bend time, give me a holla.

Hey DeFlep, my biggest question is, I guess, how can I bend time so that I can know now what I'll know when I know it? Impatience is definitely a vice of mine.

LOL

• Like 1

Take a piece of paper, put one dot on the left side (label it point "A"), put a second dot on the right side (label it point "B"). Draw a line between the two points....that's space. Now fold the piece of paper so that both dots touch each other...that's time. Points A and B are now together, bending time, creating a wormhole in the time-space continuum. Now all you need is a flux capacitor, a Delorean, Doc Brown and you have to hit 88 miles per hour!

Edited by deflep1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Take a piece of paper, put one dot on the left side (label it point "A"), put a second dot on the right side (label it point "B"). Draw a line between the two points....that's space. Now fold the piece of paper so that both dots touch each other...that's time. Points A and B are now together, bending time, creating a wormhole in the time-space continuum. Now all you need is a flux capacitor, a Delorean, Doc Brown and you have to hit 88 miles per hour!

Has anyone heard anything lately? Two months until one shift.

Probably nothing more than what has been posted. I heard that Mazda wants the facility so they can produce the 3 there, but i also heard Ford may use the plant as overflow for Fusion.

We'd be lucky to get either car, and those rumors have been around for a long time, but the plan is still for dropping B shift at the end of June. (the 24th would be the last day of production, followed by a non-production week then a shut down week, bringing it up to the Monday July 12th date that ford reports) If adding any vehicles IS in our future, the plan would already be in place. I guess we won't know until sometime in May, when the union says we'll know what plants are going to be open for postings and the numbers for each plant. I hope there is some plan for more vehicles, but we have to be prepared for losing B shift in 2 months. I don't think management would be jumping ship and going to other plants if we were getting more products. They will know who's going to be cut in June, and have until July to find another job, otherwise they are OUT of a job! (Ford calls it a "voluntary quit"....LOL) That's why we had a handful of bosses leave last week, they found other jobs in the system, and couldn't risk being the odd man out in June. Things could always change, but be prepared if they don't.

• Like 2

We'd be lucky to get either car, and those rumors have been around for a long time, but the plan is still for dropping B shift at the end of June. (the 24th would be the last day of production, followed by a non-production week then a shut down week, bringing it up to the Monday July 12th date that ford reports) If adding any vehicles IS in our future, the plan would already be in place. I guess we won't know until sometime in May, when the union says we'll know what plants are going to be open for postings and the numbers for each plant. I hope there is some plan for more vehicles, but we have to be prepared for losing B shift in 2 months. I don't think management would be jumping ship and going to other plants if we were getting more products. They will know who's going to be cut in June, and have until July to find another job, otherwise they are OUT of a job! (Ford calls it a "voluntary quit"....LOL) That's why we had a handful of bosses leave last week, they found other jobs in the system, and couldn't risk being the odd man out in June. Things could always change, but be prepared if they don't.

What do you think will happen to the 250 temps that are skill trades? If they could go back to their plants they would, and how about the 50 or so trades that will get layed off? They will have to go below the 250 temps that will be let go. Some may never see their tools again. It's a very long line.

I was off work today but heard rumor that AAI was going to run out of parts and have the rest of the week off again. Anyone from A shift on here tonight?

We heard nothing today about running out of parts, and no one has sent me a text tonight either.

What do you think will happen to the 250 temps that are skill trades? If they could go back to their plants they would, and how about the 50 or so trades that will get layed off? They will have to go below the 250 temps that will be let go. Some may never see their tools again. It's a very long line.

The union claims there will be enough openings for everyone to go to all the plants that put up postings (The first plants are supposed to have postings within two weeks). I'm not sure what's going to happen to all the skilled trades, they seem to get screwed over in most instances. I think you're right that those 50 trades may only be production workers from now on. It sucks that they made the effort to better themselves and learn their trades, only to get stuck on the assembly line. I hope they all get placed and wish them the best.

Been laughed at and bitched at by some of the trade guys here but I'll stand beside you when your on ILO!!!

The union said today the posting for Chicago was put up today for 1100 workers. I guess it was put up at other plants today also.

This was posted on the LAP's employee run website:

I would like to bring your attention on a new post published on the

UAWLAP.org Site.

Details of the post follow.

In Solidarity,

Steven M. Stone

Voluntary Posting for the Chicago Assembly Plant

The Voluntary Posting for the Chicago Assembly Plant for 1108 jobs is being sent

to the Plant today. As soon as it is received, the ROBO call for notification

of the posting will go out. The posting will remain open through the end of

shift Tuesday, May 4th.

Also, on Thursday, April 29th, we will have an informational meeting at the

Gettelfinger Union Hall for active and members on layoff after the shift, (4:30

until ??).

Other Information on posting:

There will be no mandatory (forced) placement to Chicago of employees in Zone 7

(Louisville Area).

Members who on layoff and running out benefits will be giving priority in

placement to Chicago. The window for placement is June through October.

• Like 1

This was posted on the LAP's employee run website:

I would like to bring your attention on a new post published on the

UAWLAP.org Site.

Details of the post follow.

In Solidarity,

Steven M. Stone

Voluntary Posting for the Chicago Assembly Plant

The Voluntary Posting for the Chicago Assembly Plant for 1108 jobs is being sent

to the Plant today. As soon as it is received, the ROBO call for notification

of the posting will go out. The posting will remain open through the end of

shift Tuesday, May 4th.

Also, on Thursday, April 29th, we will have an informational meeting at the

Gettelfinger Union Hall for active and members on layoff after the shift, (4:30

until ??).

Other Information on posting:

There will be no mandatory (forced) placement to Chicago of employees in Zone 7

(Louisville Area).

Members who on layoff and running out benefits will be giving priority in

placement to Chicago. The window for placement is June through October.

:happy feet: It's so good that those on layoff and running out of benefits will be given priority. . . If profits stay up and there is money to be given out, I want those who have struggled to get back to Ford. . .(I spent my first 9 yrs on and off layoff) I truly understand that transferring to another place is stressful for employee and family, but making money is what it is about. . . Though I've met a lot of transfers in the DTP over the last few years, some have adjusted great and are glad that they made the switch, but there are some who wish they never came. . . For me, who has been here the whole time in Dearborn with many of my friends who have gone, I'm glad that they ALL (transfers) came. I understand that some places in the plant my be crap, but having spent most of my time in the 100 year old Mustang Plant, many people would have turned around and gone back home. . . Good Luck in Chi Town!! It's a great city. . .

Edited by DTPrt
  • Like 1

Posting in all locations is a great opportunity.

Thank God for the UAW. Now many may have a chance to backfill in other locations where Chicago transfers happen. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

• Like 1