The 5.0L loves mods!

The stock clutch gave up after repeated runs on racing slicks. Although some people might have some heartburn over that I don't think anyone who takes their 5.0 to the strip occasionally should have any concerns about the stock clutch so long as they are not running full racing slicks. This should also ease any concerns about the 6-manual "only" being rated for 375 lb ft. The trans can apparently handle more abuse than the clutch.

The stock clutch gave up after repeated runs on racing slicks. Although some people might have some heartburn over that I don't think anyone who takes their 5.0 to the strip occasionally should have any concerns about the stock clutch so long as they are not running full racing slicks. This should also ease any concerns about the 6-manual "only" being rated for 375 lb ft. The trans can apparently handle more abuse than the clutch.

It must be the rating for the clutch. :shades:

Evolution performance has the video of their car up on youtube. It sounds amazing with the exhaust mods.

Can anybody provide some insight as to why the trap speed would increase by nearly 10mph when the drag radials are put on? Drag radials typically don't add much trap speed, especially 9-10mph worth. It did sound like he let off before the lighs came on when he ran on the stock tires, but not for long enough to drop the speed more than a few mph.

Can anybody provide some insight as to why the trap speed would increase by nearly 10mph when the drag radials are put on? Drag radials typically don't add much trap speed, especially 9-10mph worth. It did sound like he let off before the lighs came on when he ran on the stock tires, but not for long enough to drop the speed more than a few mph.

I would say off the line traction, car gets up to speed faster and in a shorter distance....

Evolution Performance will be racing their 2011 Mustang GT in the NMRA Ford Nationals tomorrow. They've added a cold air intake and further tuned the Ti-VCT. I can't wait to see the results.

Which means the car had better be ready to run today, so we should see dyno results this afternoon. I'm hoping they get it up to 425hp at the wheels, which might be enough to get the car down into the 11.60s.

They need to add some long tubes and a set of 4.10-4.30s...

Bet it will hit around 440-450 rwhp on a DynoJet with LTs, a proper updgraded inlet/MAF, completed tune, and an aluminum driveshaft. It already made 405 rwhp on their Mustang dyno, which is amazing considering the minimal mods.

I also bet this car easily breaks 120 mph with the upgraded inlet, LTs, completed tune and a shorter gear. Bring on the weight loss...

And before anyone says, yes LTs should pick up quite a bit of power of the new factory manifolds.

Edited by White99GT

A few more tweaks and they should see 11.50's. It will probably take a lot to get the speed over 120 though.

Nah, they are doing 118.85 with almost nothing, a set of headers would push it over 120, so would about a 150 lbs of weight loss.. Depending on what the DA was on the 118.85 mph run, a cold day with no changes could do it.

Edited by White99GT

I thought they already installed long tube headers? If not, then WOW :hyper:

Nope, a drop in K&N filter with the stock inlet tube/box, off road X, mufflers and a little tuning is all the car has for power mods. The next upgrades are said to be a proper aftermarket intake and aluminum driveshaft.

Those are pretty amazing times, for so soon in the cars life.

On a completely different side, apparently a bone stock (window sticker still in) base GT, with the 18's and 3.31's, ran a 12.77 @ 112 at Atco. Damn.

Where did you dig that up?

That's a pretty good time, I'm thinking the 3.55 gears might be ideal. Think about it, the 3.73 equipped Mustangs all top out in fourth before the end of the strip. That 3.31 Mustang wasn't close to topping out in fourth. 3.55 is pretty close to splitting the difference between 3.31 and 3.73, which means that it should top out either right at the lights or just a little after, which is ideal.

Edited by atvman

Update, Evolution Performance has reported 414 Hp and 385 Ft lbs of torque at the rear wheels!!! With the same mods as before, I'm guessing maybe a little different tune. They're about to try a 100 shot of nitrous :shades:

Bossed