Retiree medical benefits

longball

You know not about what you speak....Do you know what the retirees in Ohio have for insurance?

Let me do some further research. I do believe What UNION Ford retirees get is different than GM retirees because of some of the comments a GM retiree friend has said. :stats:

• Like 1

You have falsely accused those that live in Michigan of having better retiree health care and the UNION of negotiating a dual contract for said same....

Stop your sillyness.

I understand that the pool of money for policies is equal to all. So generally speaking retirees get $15,000 policy per yer. In Michigan that $15,000 gets you better coverage because of all of the competition in Michigan. Elsewhere the insurance companies try milking the VEBA funds with thru the roof policies would charge the VEBA $30,000 per year (I heard it was double). I understand the VEBA board will have to beat these greedy bastards down and quit milking the system and offer policies that benefit all.

• Like 2

Let me do some further research. I do believe What UNION Ford retirees get is different than GM retirees because of some of the comments a GM retiree friend has said. :stats:

You do have a problem staying on task....what does GM have to do with this topic? The fact that you will not give a straight answer tells me you are NOT knowledgable about the topic. Stop wasting my time....You also are re-enforcing the stereotype of michiganders....what a beauty....thanks for your input it was a big help.

I understand that the pool of money for policies is equal to all. So generally speaking retirees get $15,000 policy per yer. In Michigan that $15,000 gets you better coverage because of all of the competition in Michigan. Elsewhere the insurance companies try milking the VEBA funds with thru the roof policies would charge the VEBA $30,000 per year (I heard it was double). I understand the VEBA board will have to beat these greedy bastards down and quit milking the system and offer policies that benefit all.

All I know is that we were told our coverage wouldn't change under the VEBA, the next thing you know poof I'm paying for things I never paid for in my 31 years at Ford.

You do have a problem staying on task....what does GM have to do with this topic? The fact that you will not give a straight answer tells me you are NOT knowledgable about the topic. Stop wasting my time....You also are re-enforcing the stereotype of michiganders....what a beauty....thanks for your input it was a big help.

Your the one that is lacking in the knowledge department. The Trust is responsible for providing retiree medical benefits to UAW retirees of GM,. Ford and Chrysler.

A fool's post is known by the multitude of his words without direction :stop:.

http://www.uawlocal400.com/UAWRETIREEMEDICALBENEFITSTRUST.htm

All I know is that we were told our coverage wouldn't change under the VEBA, the next thing you know poof I'm paying for things I never paid for in my 31 years at Ford.

real world bro...VEBA wont last forever... I suppose u want the same insurance the working ones get?? never happen and if it does the VEBA would be broke in 10 years then the retirees would get NO coverage...do the math on it ,,,just like CAT did when theres lasted 7 count em seven years now there retirees have no coverage.............

Your the one that is lacking in the knowledge department. The Trust is responsible for providing retiree medical benefits to UAW retirees of GM,. Ford and Chrysler.

A fool's post is known by the multitude of his words without direction :stop:.

http://www.uawlocal400.com/UAWRETIREEMEDICALBENEFITSTRUST.htm

I completely understand that the VEBA was set up for All of the Big 3 retirees....so what....the money is seperate for each company.....what exactly are you TRYING to say? I play golf everyday with GM retirees and they DO NOT have the same coverage that we do....So again....What are you trying to say? I hope you get the help you need....but please, since you refuse to discuss why 2 retirees who worked for the same company....were promised the same benefits....and get different benefits, just due to their location....I think it is wrong....and I would think it would be wrong if the situation was reversed...but thats me...Have a nice day you old senile piece of work.

Each VEBA, Ford-GM-Chrysler is a separate account. Only Ford retirees can draw from the Ford Veba and so on.

Also, the UAW doesnt have the right to negotiate on behalf of the retirees and Ford-GM-Chrysler were ready to drop retiree health care in 2007. Thats why the UAW had to have a Federal judge ok the VEBA's. So to have a class action suit againt the UAW because of the VEBA will get you no where and the VEBA is governed by Company and Union Trustees. Ford-GM-Chrysler legally doesnt have to provide health care for retirees, its just been a long standing "Gentleman's Agreement" to provide the health care for retirees. Look at Goodyear Tire Co, they were ready to totally drop retiree health care in 2006 when the United Steel Workers created their VEBA. They also had to have a Federal Judge ok it.

Tapper

real world bro...VEBA wont last forever... I suppose u want the same insurance the working ones get?? never happen and if it does the VEBA would be broke in 10 years then the retirees would get NO coverage...do the math on it ,,,just like CAT did when theres lasted 7 count em seven years now there retirees have no coverage.............

Yes I would like the same as active members have, but at the very least all retirees should have the same. What are you trying to get at, do you think the retirees shouldn't expect the same coverage they were told they would have.

I think most of us understand that we would have an inferior medical policy in comparison to active employees....What I never expected was to see my brothers to the North...Retirees in Michigan having a better medical policy then the retirees in Ohio. I believe we should all have the SAME benefits.....If it is more expensive to insure a brother in Maine then it is to insure a brother in California, I would expect our UNION to make it FAIR for ALL....Spread the pain around...we are in this together...what happened to Solidarity....

All this time....I've been giving my brothers in Michigan the benifit of doubt....my thinking was it was just a rumor or bad blood against the Union, whenever the topic of our inequity would come up....But now that no Michigan Retiree will comment on the topic I must conclude that we in Ohio and many other places are treated differently then the retirees from the homestate of the UAW...Michigan....This is wrong

We need to make a list of what they are NOT paying now.

Office Calls

Pap Smears (which include office calls and the lab test itself)

Thats the problem with this insurance you don't have a clue to what they will pay until you get your EOB.

We need to make a list of what they are NOT paying now.

Office Calls

Pap Smears (which include office calls and the lab test itself)

well what I'm experiencing is what I pay for now that use to get free or by small co-pay are office visits, all lab tests for diabetes or not, once a year eye exam for my diabetes any specialty visits and tests, including paying now for x-rays, physicals are gone and now my wife who's been seeing a psychratic doc and therapist has been reduced down to 15 visits per year now will cost me for her sessions.

I find it odd that the union held the company responsible for equal benefits for ALL employees...but on day 1 of the UNION taking responsibility for those same benefits, they DISCRIMINATE....Did they not know what it would take to provide what was promised? How can any of us have faith that our union will do what is right? When we agreed to the VEBA we were told the union would be responsible for setting the benefit level....did anyone think they would pick and choose which states got which benefits? I started paying union dues to the UAW in 1974...walked the picket lines in 1976 and now I wouldn't spport this organisation on any level....I feel I have been lied to and cheated out of a promise...by the same people who I PAID to protect me and my family....

• Like 1

I find it odd that the union held the company responsible for equal benefits for ALL employees...but on day 1 of the UNION taking responsibility for those same benefits, they DISCRIMINATE....Did they not know what it would take to provide what was promised? How can any of us have faith that our union will do what is right? When we agreed to the VEBA we were told the union would be responsible for setting the benefit level....did anyone think they would pick and choose which states got which benefits? I started paying union dues to the UAW in 1974...walked the picket lines in 1976 and now I wouldn't spport this organisation on any level....I feel I have been lied to and cheated out of a promise...by the same people who I PAID to protect me and my family....

I just want to know when Ron G. retires will he have the samemedical benifits as the rest of retirees ,or will his be different?

• Like 1

You are lucky to have post retirement benefits.

1. Retiree benefits were negotiated every 4 years with the CBA.

2. At 70 dollars per hour it was unsustainable to continue to bargain these benefits. Reuther knew post retirement healthcare would one day become unsustainable (Google it) and that is why he was a pioneer of national healthcare.

3. The pool of money to be used by any UAW-Ford VEBA recipient is equally divided to each retiree. Michigan retirees get the same monetary amount for healthcare as a retiree in Florida.

4. The VEBA was negotiated 3 years ago. A lot has changed in 3 years. Healthcare costs have skyrocketed and the VEBA must be held solvent for as many years as possible.

5. The proactive direction of the UAW bargaining for the VEBA was a blessing for every UAW D3 retiree.

6. The bankruptcies of GM and Chrysler would have stripped away retiree healthcare if it wasn’t for theUAW negotiating the VEBA. The Obama auto task force as well as federal judges came close to ridding the VEBA during the bankruptcy. Many admit that if the VEBA was not approved thru the courts that retiree benefits would have been gone.

7. Pattern bargaining would have forced the same at UAW Ford. No retiree healthcare.

8. In 2011 the UAW has the ability to negotiate more funding for the VEBA. Possibilities of less co pays and office visits if the funding and solvency is attainable.

All of your efforts supporting the UAW by paying union dues and walking picket lines of this great union paid off.

The UAW has protected you and your family. Sorry if you can’t see this clearly in black and white.

I will be retiring soon. Joining my mother (survivor benefits) and my grandmother (survivor benefits) in retirement and I am thankful for the protection.

Every time I see my mother she is thankful to the UAW and protecting her benefits. She understands the UAW is there for all of us.

God bless this great union.

You are lucky to have post retirement benefits.

1. Retiree benefits were negotiated every 4 years with the CBA.

2. At 70 dollars per hour it was unsustainable to continue to bargain these benefits. Reuther knew post retirement healthcare would one day become unsustainable (Google it) and that is why he was a pioneer of national healthcare.

3. The pool of money to be used by any UAW-Ford VEBA recipient is equally divided to each retiree. Michigan retirees get the same monetary amount for healthcare as a retiree in Florida.

4. The VEBA was negotiated 3 years ago. A lot has changed in 3 years. Healthcare costs have skyrocketed and the VEBA must be held solvent for as many years as possible.

5. The proactive direction of the UAW bargaining for the VEBA was a blessing for every UAW D3 retiree.

6. The bankruptcies of GM and Chrysler would have stripped away retiree healthcare if it wasn't for theUAW negotiating the VEBA. The Obama auto task force as well as federal judges came close to ridding the VEBA during the bankruptcy. Many admit that if the VEBA was not approved thru the courts that retiree benefits would have been gone.

7. Pattern bargaining would have forced the same at UAW Ford. No retiree healthcare.

8. In 2011 the UAW has the ability to negotiate more funding for the VEBA. Possibilities of less co pays and office visits if the funding and solvency is attainable.

All of your efforts supporting the UAW by paying union dues and walking picket lines of this great union paid off.

The UAW has protected you and your family. Sorry if you can't see this clearly in black and white.

I will be retiring soon. Joining my mother (survivor benefits) and my grandmother (survivor benefits) in retirement and I am thankful for the protection.

Every time I see my mother she is thankful to the UAW and protecting her benefits. She understands the UAW is there for all of us.

God bless this great union.

You must live in Michigan.

Our medical benefits are not determined by the CBA....the union jumped at the chance to control all that money ....power hungry POS's

Now that they have total control....they determine who gets what....Do you feel we should all have the same benefit level? The union insisted upon it when the company was paying the bill. Why can't we spread the pain around? Instead of one state getting doctors visits with a $10 co-pay....why not all of us pay ....$50 for example...If you don't like that....maybe you could understand why we in Ohio are upset that we have to pay 100% of the cost of that visit....Unless you have a major medical expense....this is no more then catastrophic insurance....I'm sure the union is paying much more then what catastrophic insurance costs. If you are under 65 and don't live in Michigan....you are being taken advantage of....I guess I should just let it go....you guys are just concerned with your own situation...".to hell with any retired brothers or sisters that don't have as good of coverage as me" And you wonder why the Unions are as good as dead...The UAW has let us down....

• Like 1