End of the road for KC?

soupy

As always, I think there is a lot of misinformation on the part of the media. The Kuga is the replacement for the Escape- Ford is not going to produce two of the same vehichles in the same category. Kuga was supposed to go to Louisville all along.

• Like 1

As always, I think there is a lot of misinformation on the part of the media. The Kuga is the replacement for the Escape- Ford is not going to produce two of the same vehichles in the same category. Kuga was supposed to go to Louisville all along.

Wrong, the Kuga only sells in Europe it is not replacing the Escape, they will build both of them.

Wrong, the Kuga only sells in Europe it is not replacing the Escape, they will build both of them.

Very unlikely. I would say there's a 90% chance that the refreshed Kuga is our next Escape. "One Ford" would prevent them from marketing two vehicles that share identical market spaces.

Very unlikely. I would say there's a 90% chance that the refreshed Kuga is our next Escape. "One Ford" would prevent them from marketing two vehicles that share identical market spaces.

I would agree with you, except that Mazda is building the Cx7 that is almost exactly what the kuga is and they are still building tributes, I was surprised when I realized that they were building both cars since last year.

• Like 1

I would agree with you, except that Mazda is building the Cx7 that is almost exactly what the kuga is and they are still building tributes, I was surprised when I realized that they were building both cars since last year.

Ford no longer runs the show at Mazda though. And I doubt the Tribute will last much longer.

Think it unlikely if you must, LAP has already been told that the Kuga will not be sold in the US it will be an export for us & will be built alongside the Escape with a possible Lincoln version of the Escape in the works as well.

• Like 1

Think it unlikely if you must, LAP has already been told that the Kuga will not be sold in the US it will be an export for us & will be built alongside the Escape with a possible Lincoln version of the Escape in the works as well.

It will be the replacement for the escape and will be the next refresh for the Kuga in Europe! Ford will not run 2 of the same style platforms in the US!

correct of course its a rumer because Ford is not confirming anything Kuga will be a 5 seater export and the kuga will not be sold in the US

the US version of the kuga will be called escape "NAME RECOGNITION" with a new lincoln version to be announced will be built at LAP

kcap is slated to get the transit van that replaces the econoline 150 250 and 350 not the trans connect < is a small van is going to be built on a car platform electric version going to wayne and gas version currently being built in turkey stays in turkey

if you have ever been to europe you know why the have small delivery vans,cars etc. its like downtown new york at rush hour but its 24 hours a day streets are narrow and hard to navagate and you won't see any freightliners or peter builts running down the narrow highways

so kcap gets the transit van keeps the f-150 with a f-100 that will replace the ranger

which are pretty much all rumers because Ford has only said it is retooling LAP to build a small car ? only the union and media say the kuga is going to kentucky

one thing that don't sound right is LAP plans to have 3300 hourly on 3 shifts ?

kcap builds 3 shifts of escapes and 1 shift building the f-150 and has 3700 hourly

don't matter i was stationed at ft. campbell and i wouldn't mind living in kentucky beautiful state :happy feet:

close kcap i don't think they will but one never knows

Its virtually impossible that ford will not have product for both sides of kcap come the end of next year. They are spending way too much money on replacing the roof of the plant. Now that would seem like a silly endeavor if they were planning on closing it down in the near future now wouldn't it?

The roof has been bad as long as i can remember, if end of next year was seriously all they could forsee for ford, another year and a half with that roof wouldn't be an issue.

The Special session has been called for June 24th to push through all the "special tax breaks" other states have given ford that failed before.

While i don't live with my head in the sand, i am not worried about the future of kcap.

Its virtually impossible that ford will not have product for both sides of kcap come the end of next year. They are spending way too much money on replacing the roof of the plant. Now that would seem like a silly endeavor if they were planning on closing it down in the near future now wouldn't it?

The roof has been bad as long as i can remember, if end of next year was seriously all they could forsee for ford, another year and a half with that roof wouldn't be an issue.

The Special session has been called for June 24th to push through all the "special tax breaks" other states have given ford that failed before.

While i don't live with my head in the sand, i am not worried about the future of kcap.

Didn't they build a whole new body shop and ASRS building for NAP right before they closed it?

Might have been a paint shop. Anyway, plant investment means nothing. If Ford wants to close you, they will. Investments be dammed. It's just a write-off to the bean counters.

Didn't they build a whole new body shop and ASRS building for NAP right before they closed it?

Might have been a paint shop. Anyway, plant investment means nothing. If Ford wants to close you, they will. Investments be dammed. It's just a write-off to the bean counters.

It was a 225 million upgrade to the paint bldg. and yet they still closed us, It can happen to any plant ,no one plant is secure if they decide to close.

I think the CX7 is more of a crossover like the Edge.

they used federal and state dollars to do that after they kept production there as long as promised for those dollars

truth is until every state in the union say no more tax breaks /money these companies will not quit moving like a bunch of refugees

its a civil war for jobs and the south is winning this one

http://www.freep.com/article/20100112/BUSINESS03/100112095/Toyota-revives-plans-to-build-Prius-hybrid-at-idle-Mississippi-plant

In the 2007 UAW/Ford national agreement, Ford committed to new product and a flexible body shop for KCAP. None of the modifications changed this. So how can it be that without tax incentives, KCAP is in danger of closing?

Bob Kind told the KCAP membership at the May concession meetings that KCAP was getting the Transit. Jeff Wright, UAW Local 249 President apparently told those in attendance at a recent retiree meeting that KCAP was getting the Transit, all 27 variations. This was printed in the Local 249 newspaper. So, wouldn't it be breach of contract if Ford didn't honor their commitment to new product and a flexible body shop for KCAP?

I'm also a bit curious about whether the Kuga/Escape is actually going to LAP or not since that plants "Ace in the Hole" is no longer heading up the UAW? The only reason it would/will go there is so Ford can keep making the old version at KCAP and not lose production (sales) while re-tooling KCAP for the new model. That would be the only reason the Escape would leave KCAP, not because of tax incentives amounting to $15 million per year or less. That's a drop in the bucket to Ford.

• Like 1

In the 2007 UAW/Ford national agreement, Ford committed to new product and a flexible body shop for KCAP. None of the modifications changed this. So how can it be that without tax incentives, KCAP is in danger of closing?

Bob Kind told the KCAP membership at the May concession meetings that KCAP was getting the Transit. Jeff Wright, UAW Local 249 President apparently told those in attendance at a recent retiree meeting that KCAP was getting the Transit, all 27 variations. This was printed in the Local 249 newspaper. So, wouldn't it be breach of contract if Ford didn't honor their commitment to new product and a flexible body shop for KCAP?

I'm also a bit curious about whether the Kuga/Escape is actually going to LAP or not since that plants "Ace in the Hole" is no longer heading up the UAW? The only reason it would/will go there is so Ford can keep making the old version at KCAP and not lose production (sales) while re-tooling KCAP for the new model. That would be the only reason the Escape would leave KCAP, not because of tax incentives amounting to $15 million per year or less. That's a drop in the bucket to Ford.

All Ford and the UAW have done is breach the contract. Wayne Assembly was supposed to get a flex body shop, but instead it is being "merged" with the old MTP to form Michigan Assembly. Part of Wayne Assembly will be used for a body shop, but the rest of it will sit empty, at least for the moment.

• Like 1

All Ford and the UAW have done is breach the contract. Wayne Assembly was supposed to get a flex body shop, but instead it is being "merged" with the old MTP to form Michigan Assembly. Part of Wayne Assembly will be used for a body shop, but the rest of it will sit empty, at least for the moment.

Breach of contract would mean that the length of the agreement has expired and the company did not fill the commitments. As for the Wayne site which includes the closed MTP with the new MAP the amount of product and monies invested far excedes the original agreement. Below is a list of commitments fufilled. The only one is OHAP and we still have 1 1/2 years left in the agreement.

Get facts before you shoot your mouth off. I am proud of this union and thankful for their actions in securing work and my job security.

Auto Alliance

Mustang and Mazda 6 continue through current product lifecycle. Substantial investment in Mustang and Mazda 6 during the life of

the agreement. Commitment met with the 2011 Mustang refresh and 6 refresh.

Integrated Stamping Operations will get major new stampings associated with new assembly products. Commitment met

Chicago Assembly

Taurus, Taurus X and Sable continue through current product lifecycle. Commitment met.

2008 launch of the new Lincoln MKS; continues at Chicago Assembly through the product lifecycle. Commitment met

New product will be allocated during the life of the agreement. Commitment met with the New Taurus and a bonus Explorer

Dearborn Truck

2008 calendar year launch of the new F-150 truck replacement product for the current model will be allocated to Dearborn Truck and continue through the product lifecycle. Commitment met

Mark LT will continue through the current product lifecycle. Commitment met

Louisville Assembly

Explorer, Mountaineer and SportTrac continue through the current product lifecycle. Commitment met

New product allocated to Louisville Assembly during the life of agreement. Commitment met

The plant will receive a new, flexible body shop. Commitment met

Michigan Truck

Expedition, Expedition EL, Navigator and Navigator L continue through current product lifecycle. Substantial investment will be put into the Expedition, Expedition EL, Navigator and Navigator L products during the life of the agreement. Commitment not met but work stayed in UAW/Ford.

New product will be allocated during the life of the agreement. New work consists of the 5 different models for Wayne Assembly. All Wayne site benefited (WAP, MTP, ISA) with more money and investment than this agreement originally identified for the site.

Ohio Assembly

The E-Series continues through current product lifecycle Commitment met. .New product allocated to Ohio Assembly during the life of the agreement. Transit Connect is still rumored. The company and union still have 1 ½ years to get product in OHAP (lenghth of agreement).

Kansas City Assembly

2008 calendar year launch of the new F-150 truck replacement product for the current model will be allocated to the plant and continue through the product lifecycle. Commitment met.

The Escape, Escape Hybrid, Mariner, Mariner Hybrid and Tribute continue through current product lifecycle. Commitment met.

New product allocated to the plant during the life of the agreement. Commitment met.

Kentucky Truck

Super Duty truck continues through current product lifecycle. Commitment met. Substantial investment will be put into the Super Duty product during the life of this agreement. Commitment met.

The Integrated Stamping Operations will get major new stampings associated with new assembly products at Kentucky Truck. Commitment met.

The plant will receive a new, flexible body shop. Commitment met.

Twin Cities Assembly

Ranger production has been extended for one year. Commitment met. No future product has been identified beyond the current product lifecycle. The plant will close in 2009. Extended thru 2011.

UAW and Ford will jointly explore opportunities for Twin Cities Assembly seniority employees. Commitment met with Chicago posting.

Wayne Integrated

Stamping and Assembly

The Focus continues through current product lifecycle. Commitment met. New product allocated during the life of the agreement. Commitment met. The Integrated Stamping Operations will get major new stampings associated with new assembly products at Wayne Assembly Plant. Commitment met.

The plant will receive a new, flexible body shop. Commitment met.

Kansas City Assembly

2008 calendar year launch of the new F-150 truck replacement product for the current model will be allocated to the plant and continue through the product lifecycle. Commitment met.

The Escape, Escape Hybrid, Mariner, Mariner Hybrid and Tribute continue through current product lifecycle. Commitment met.

New product allocated to the plant during the life of the agreement. Commitment met.

New product and flexible body shop. Commitment NOT met.

New product and flexible body shop. Commitment NOT met.

Commitment of the Transit has been announced to KCAP. As everyone knows with the new Transit you will need a new body shop. As you also know you cant have the Transit until the new Escape Mariner moves to LAP.

For the life of me I have never seen people so bitter on new product.

AAI is losing a shift and possibly a plant........... we have something to cry about. KCAP gets product guarantees and act like they are getting screwed.

Sure you dont have the Transit yet but its coming as promised.

Good luck

Commitment of the Transit has been announced to KCAP. As everyone knows with the new Transit you will need a new body shop. As you also know you cant have the Transit until the new Escape Mariner moves to LAP.

AAI is losing a shift and possibly a plant........... we have something to cry about. KCAP gets product guarantees and act like they are getting screwed.

Good luck

Bitter? I'm not bitter at all. However, I do have a concern since our local leadership is sending out emails and being quoted in the paper as saying without the tax incentives from the State of Missouri that our plant is at risk. If new product is coming here and a new flexible body shop is being built, how is this plant at risk, without these incentives? And since you say the announcement has already been made, please direct me to a link or document where that announcement has been made as I prefer to see it in writing over hearsay.

I don't believe anyone here is acting like we are getting screwed. We were promised something nearly 3 years ago and haven't seen or heard any thing from Ford in regard to those commitments and now we're being told we're at risk because the State hasn't passed an economic package for Ford. That's crap.

Edited by Twincam Harley

Bitter? I'm not bitter at all. However, I do have a concern since our local leadership is sending out emails and being quoted in the paper as saying without the tax incentives from the State of Missouri that our plant is at risk. If new product is coming here and a new flexible body shop is being built, how is this plant at risk, without these incentives? And since you say the announcement has already been made, please direct me to a link or document where that announcement has been made as I prefer to see it in writing over hearsay.

I don't believe anyone here is acting like we are getting screwed. We were promised something nearly 3 years ago and haven't seen or heard any thing from Ford in regard to those commitments and now we're being told we're at risk because the State hasn't passed an economic package for Ford. That's crap.

My opinion on your product: You will get product before the end of the agreement. This is a strikable issue. If they do not follow thru with commitment you will see a strike. The UAW is not going to let product go. It nearly killed the American domesitic workforce. The line has been drawn and the UAW is all about product and investment which ensures job security.

My opinon on the state economic package: Politicians are shrewed. They know damned well the UAW secured this work in the 2007 CBA. Why throw money at a manufacturing company that is already bound to invest by a contract.

There is no hearsay except naysayers that do nothing that tear this union apart. We have 1 1/2 left in this agreement. I do believe the UAW will make sure the commitment is met.

Dont pay attention to the haters......... They will destroy this union from the inside.

As for your local union leadership, they should continue to go over and above the contract by any means possible to support is members. They are doing what they should be doing by securing investment in its workplace over and above. Congrats on a committee that cares.

Good luck

wow product guarantee dtp wayne and chicago ktp are the only ones with a product guarantees as far as i know

LAP has not been guaranteed they will build the kuga or the new escape

so whats the problem AAI

if you close you do get the chance to transfer and keep your job wow 99% of americans do not get that chance pink slip bye don't call us we will call you

if kcap closes i will way my options and i might move and i may not

goddamn its not the end of the world if i don't work for ford nor is it the end of the world for you

this shit is whats killing the union everyone is scared you have no will to survive :censored: and most do not know of UAW's history and how we got what we have :finger::finger:

so fuck off cry babies

• Like 1