End of the road for KC?

soupy

I don't think it is to offset the credits, it is just a money-saver in general for the state. The plan is, to get a full pension, new state workers will have to contribute 4% (I think that is the number) of their salary to the pension. I don' think that is too much to ask. Current employees will be grandfathered in.

http://www.columbiat...n-heads-debate/

This kinda looks like the same thing a new hire at Ford gets except this a state run 401 k matching plan I might be wrong if so correct me

One thing I DO NOT see is the new hire will be making half the salary/wages as the person next to him doing the same kind of work

Oh don't forget that the membership voted in the 14 dollar an hour worker with no benefits

this will bite us in the ass one day

http://www.columbiat...n-heads-debate/

This kinda looks like the same thing a new hire at Ford gets except this a state run 401 k matching plan I might be wrong if so correct me

One thing I DO NOT see is the new hire will be making half the salary/wages as the person next to him doing the same kind of work

Oh don't forget that the membership voted in the 14 dollar an hour worker with no benefits

this will bite us in the ass one day

http://detnews.com/article/20100624/AUTO01/6240356/1148/auto01/Mo.-considers-tax-incentives-that-may-sway-Ford-plans

kcap is still owed a new flex body shop under the 2007 agreement if ford decides to put this in a new building which was the original plan

kcap was told at that time they would get the new escape of course as the economy went south and the consessions started flying a new building plan was suspended

until now times are not great but with profits and the tax incentive anything could happen this is not wishful thinking its real

and now theres talk of a second shift in the truck system and that rumer comes from the union and management

kcap would no longer be a overflow plant for DTP

keep the rumers flying its good for moral :hysterical:

Go Ford we the low life assembly line workers that are overpaid build the best :happy feet:

Good Luck everyone :banghead: we all need to think Made in the USA

So the first step is to stop shopping at wal-mart :censored: until they go back to the old man walton way of thinking Made in the USA HE MUST ROLLING OVER IN HIS GRAVE AND :censored:

MOST DO NOT KNOW THE STORY ABOUT HOW OLD MAN WALTON STARTED HIS WAL-MART CHAIN INCLUDING HIS KIDS THAT INHERETED HIS FORTUNE

just a little rant there sorry :censored::hysterical:

True, whipsawing and lower wages suck. But what was the alternative- another rusting hulk of a factory and more people added to the unemployment line? Ask the folks who were displaced at Atlanta, Norfolk, Wixom, etc, if they would have taken those concessions to keep their plants open. Remember, 50 percent of something is better than 100 percent of nothing- and that is what Ford gave us when they allocated the work to Mexico.

Hey Football,

I myself would not have taken those concessions, I guess thats why when edison and norfolk closed.... I packed up the pinto and hauled ass.

• 2 weeks later...

Bitter? I'm not bitter at all. However, I do have a concern since our local leadership is sending out emails and being quoted in the paper as saying without the tax incentives from the State of Missouri that our plant is at risk. If new product is coming here and a new flexible body shop is being built, how is this plant at risk, without these incentives? And since you say the announcement has already been made, please direct me to a link or document where that announcement has been made as I prefer to see it in writing over hearsay.

I don't believe anyone here is acting like we are getting screwed. We were promised something nearly 3 years ago and haven't seen or heard any thing from Ford in regard to those commitments and now we're being told we're at risk because the State hasn't passed an economic package for Ford. That's crap.

Hell...they guys in Kentucky have even gave us our own "KCAP room" on there message forum. That is how sure they are we are closing down and moving there.

Not trying to pile on but what is gonna happen with the F150 there? I work at dtp and we are going to tag relief etc..it seems as if they are gearing up for more truck production here..good luck guys

maybe when or if the escape looses a shift or moves to LAP they will add a shift to the truck side and stop tag relief at dtp? Tag relief could be a one year thing at dtp. Or two or three. who knows. Ford is antisipating an increase in truck sales for 2011 when the more fuel efficient engines roll out. ANYthing is possable.

Edited by on layoff

maybe when or if the escape looses a shift or moves to LAP they will add a shift to the truck side and stop tag relief at dtp? Tag relief could be a one year thing at dtp. Or two or three. who knows. Ford is antisipating an increase in truck sales for 2011 when the more fuel efficient engines roll out. ANYthing is possable.

They are bringing in like 250 people over the next month to start tag relief..keep hearing rumors of 3 shifts running 24 hours a day 5 days a week..and if needed more possibly weekends..just a rumor..but it makes sense..they are gearing up at dtp for more production thats for sure Edited by messy marvin lang

Or as the 2011 contract comes around...KCAP may be wrung out for more concessions. After all wasnt KCAP a big NO to those last Mods ???? DTP can more than pick up the slack with tag relief and OT if need be.

Or as the 2011 contract comes around...KCAP may be wrung out for more concessions. After all wasnt KCAP a big NO to those last Mods ???? DTP can more than pick up the slack with tag relief and OT if need be.

YEA, KCAP WAS A BIG NO, BUT DTP WAS A BIGGER NOOO! :shades:

You are hilarious. Do you even have a clue as to what is going on? Are you that out of touch to not know DTP voted down the last concessions at a higher percentage than KCAP? Go crawl back into your cave.

Edited by Twincam Harley

the chichgo and kansas city forums on the louisville assembly web site were put there to feild questions about possible transfers that were being asked .

to give those personal intrested in that option a better response,and so the3y did not get lost in the opther posts.

we got personal going to chichgo and we hear we have some in KC intrested in followig product here,all new product here at LAP ir rumor till ford give the official approval.

which we hear is waiting till just before the elections.

Breach of contract would mean that the length of the agreement has expired and the company did not fill the commitments. As for the Wayne site which includes the closed MTP with the new MAP the amount of product and monies invested far excedes the original agreement. Below is a list of commitments fufilled. The only one is OHAP and we still have 1 1/2 years left in the agreement.

Get facts before you shoot your mouth off. I am proud of this union and thankful for their actions in securing work and my job security.

Auto Alliance

Mustang and Mazda 6 continue through current product lifecycle. Substantial investment in Mustang and Mazda 6 during the life of

the agreement. Commitment met with the 2011 Mustang refresh and 6 refresh.

Integrated Stamping Operations will get major new stampings associated with new assembly products. Commitment met

Chicago Assembly

Taurus, Taurus X and Sable continue through current product lifecycle. Commitment met.

2008 launch of the new Lincoln MKS; continues at Chicago Assembly through the product lifecycle. Commitment met

New product will be allocated during the life of the agreement. Commitment met with the New Taurus and a bonus Explorer

Dearborn Truck

2008 calendar year launch of the new F-150 truck replacement product for the current model will be allocated to Dearborn Truck and continue through the product lifecycle. Commitment met

Mark LT will continue through the current product lifecycle. Commitment met

Louisville Assembly

Explorer, Mountaineer and SportTrac continue through the current product lifecycle. Commitment met

New product allocated to Louisville Assembly during the life of agreement. Commitment met

The plant will receive a new, flexible body shop. Commitment met

Michigan Truck

Expedition, Expedition EL, Navigator and Navigator L continue through current product lifecycle. Substantial investment will be put into the Expedition, Expedition EL, Navigator and Navigator L products during the life of the agreement. Commitment not met but work stayed in UAW/Ford.

New product will be allocated during the life of the agreement. New work consists of the 5 different models for Wayne Assembly. All Wayne site benefited (WAP, MTP, ISA) with more money and investment than this agreement originally identified for the site.

Ohio Assembly

The E-Series continues through current product lifecycle Commitment met. .New product allocated to Ohio Assembly during the life of the agreement. Transit Connect is still rumored. The company and union still have 1 ½ years to get product in OHAP (lenghth of agreement).

Kansas City Assembly

2008 calendar year launch of the new F-150 truck replacement product for the current model will be allocated to the plant and continue through the product lifecycle. Commitment met.

The Escape, Escape Hybrid, Mariner, Mariner Hybrid and Tribute continue through current product lifecycle. Commitment met.

New product allocated to the plant during the life of the agreement. Commitment met.

Kentucky Truck

Super Duty truck continues through current product lifecycle. Commitment met. Substantial investment will be put into the Super Duty product during the life of this agreement. Commitment met.

The Integrated Stamping Operations will get major new stampings associated with new assembly products at Kentucky Truck. Commitment met.

The plant will receive a new, flexible body shop. Commitment met.

Twin Cities Assembly

Ranger production has been extended for one year. Commitment met. No future product has been identified beyond the current product lifecycle. The plant will close in 2009. Extended thru 2011.

UAW and Ford will jointly explore opportunities for Twin Cities Assembly seniority employees. Commitment met with Chicago posting.

Wayne Integrated

Stamping and Assembly

The Focus continues through current product lifecycle. Commitment met. New product allocated during the life of the agreement. Commitment met. The Integrated Stamping Operations will get major new stampings associated with new assembly products at Wayne Assembly Plant. Commitment met.

The plant will receive a new, flexible body shop. Commitment met.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13746_7-10296358-48.html

http://www.trucktrend.com/features/consumer/163_1004_2011_and_beyond_future_trucks/ford.html

http://image.trucktrend.com/f/31851546/ford-Transit-2014-Econoline-replacement.jpg

Edited by Dale143

Good job Dale.

With out the UAW none of these commitments would have been possible.

Hopefully they will continue to get product and investments in our plants in the 2011 agreement.

YEA, KCAP WAS A BIG NO, BUT DTP WAS A BIGGER NOOO! :shades:

It is easier to follow than to lead.........What larger local was the 1st shot over the bow ???......KCAP not DTP. Besides as some say that DTP is a favorite child...it wont be DTP losing the F150. Sales will not return to 16-17 million. Situation will play out perfectly. 2011 contract approaching, lost Escape/Kuga to LAP, DTP with tag relief and OT to pick up slack , KCAP will get tax incentives AND concessions (in plant) for any consideration for new product. Standard operating procedure. Remember , the Company still has a right to run their business as they see fit. Someone archive this...I will be happy to look it up in a year..........

It is easier to follow than to lead.........What larger local was the 1st shot over the bow ???......KCAP not DTP. Besides as some say that DTP is a favorite child...it wont be DTP losing the F150. Sales will not return to 16-17 million. Situation will play out perfectly. 2011 contract approaching, lost Escape/Kuga to LAP, DTP with tag relief and OT to pick up slack , KCAP will get tax incentives AND concessions (in plant) for any consideration for new product. Standard operating procedure. Remember , the Company still has a right to run their business as they see fit. Someone archive this...I will be happy to look it up in a year..........

IF KCAP did not say no would DTP? I'd say they might have followed the lead either way. Like you said it is easier to follow......

All you guys at DTP and LAP sound like you want KCAP to close. That's awfully sad that you are all that hell bent on all of us loosing our jobs in Kansas City.

All you guys at DTP and LAP sound like you want KCAP to close. That's awfully sad that you are all that hell bent on all of us loosing our jobs in Kansas City.

I'm a KC retiree, yes it is sick if those clowns are hoping KC closes just to get their production......I heard it several times in the last year I worked that other plants were scheming with the International to get the company to move KC's products back east. Wonder how that would play in the news media if it got out?.

I'm a KC retiree, yes it is sick if those clowns are hoping KC closes just to get their production......I heard it several times in the last year I worked that other plants were scheming with the International to get the company to move KC's products back east. Wonder how that would play in the news media if it got out?.

It would play ok in the media in this state...And I work at DTP and ive never heard anyone WISH for your plant to close...but reality might dictate it does

It would play ok in the media in this state...And I work at DTP and ive never heard anyone WISH for your plant to close...but reality might dictate it does

I'm with Don on this one also. I don't want to see any Ford plant closing. I work at DTP. DTP can NOT meet the demand for f-150's on its own. Even with tag relief on three shifts, no way. I think it's very possible when the escape cycle comes to an end at KC they can fire up one more shift of truck production there, maybe cut tag relief at DTP. It's all a numbers game. Supply and demand. Could they run 3 crews of trucks at KC? I'm Happy that things are on the way up for us at ford. good luck at KC

Read the "letter from Gary " thread ...trust me IUAW and DTP UAW leadership(local) are not on the same boat Lol

No one wants anyone to close/lose product, I hope there are enough sales to even get KCAP's truck side their second shift back.

I'm with Don on this one also. I don't want to see any Ford plant closing. I work at DTP. DTP can NOT meet the demand for f-150's on its own. Even with tag relief on three shifts, no way. I think it's very possible when the escape cycle comes to an end at KC they can fire up one more shift of truck production there, maybe cut tag relief at DTP. It's all a numbers game. Supply and demand. Could they run 3 crews of trucks at KC? I'm Happy that things are on the way up for us at ford. good luck at KC

I agree. I don't think they can make enough F-150's at one plant. Remember before all this started they had like 7 shifts building the F-150 alone. Also, Ford has informed us of 6 scheduled Saturdays between now and Oct. July 24th, Aug. 7th, Aug 21st, Sept 11th, Sept. 25th, and Oct. 16. Things are looking up for us at Ford. We need to quit speculating on whose plant is going to close and focus on where we go next as a union.

I agree. I don't think they can make enough F-150's at one plant. Remember before all this started they had like 7 shifts building the F-150 alone. Also, Ford has informed us of 6 scheduled Saturdays between now and Oct. July 24th, Aug. 7th, Aug 21st, Sept 11th, Sept. 25th, and Oct. 16. Things are looking up for us at Ford. We need to quit speculating on whose plant is going to close and focus on where we go next as a union.

Yeah but we used to sell 900k+ units a year, were at half of that now, and it was 7 shifts building all Fseries two plants with three crews each should have no problem meeting demand