2007 Chevy Silverado Uncovered

Kool_ZX3

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Ford should use some of their styling from the 68-72 styling, like the arrow that ran down the their body. That would look awesome on all the F-series. But that is what I think any of you have any other ideas?

And, maybe...even put the gas tank behind the driver's seat. :doh:

Well, I guess it is better looking than that pile of dog crap Ridgeline... All of that chrome looks garish though. That "chin" needs to go. I can imagine that in a couple of years the fake chrome will peel off the plastic making it look ratty.

It's not bad looking, just very... GM.

Interesting that they've got the chrome chin thing going on (a la VW & Ford).

While this is going slightly off topic, I always see references to Ford copying VW/Audi with the chrome front end on the Explorer, but never any mention of a couple other vehicles that have been using the theme for a couple years themselves.

Within the Ford family: Mercury Mariner

tb_mercury_mariner_lead.jpg

Nissan Titan

05Titan.jpg

I actually like this theme when done right and if I remember correctly, a big complaint that people made when the manufacturers started putting plastic bumpers on trucks & SUVs was that they were leaving behind the look of toughness that came with a chrome bumper. This new theme brings them back to their roots to an extent.

Now, getting back on topic. I'm not impressed by this new Chevy. It's not horrible looking (I remember seeing the new Ram a few years back and thinking I was going to throw up when I saw how huge they made the front end, this doesn't give me that same feeling). But, it looks like little more than a slight evolution of the same old design they've had forever. Is it more substantial than their past changes to the sheet metal and at least bring them closer to modern times? Yes, but the F-150 still looks better.

Edited by MTFordFan

^^Actually I really like the Mariner front.. maybe because it is not chrome.. rathe rbrushed aluminum.....

and the titan wear is nicely as well.. and as for VW.... the new Jetta and Golf ..err Rabbit actually look good to me... but that is just My opinion...

Igor

I don't think the new Silverado has enough chrome. Remember- this is a full-sized pickup. some of us like our chrome- in copious amounts.

th_Ron4.jpg

PB: Do you think the z71 off road truck will sit that low on the production models???? If that truck was up a few inches and level it would not look to bad for a 4X4??

PB: Do you think the z71 off road truck will sit that low on the production models???? If that truck was up a few inches and level it would not look to bad for a 4X4??

Good question. Chevies traditionally sit lower than Fords, and level isn't even in question- at least not from the factory (combination of loading and aerodynamics). I bet they'll be a variety of tire/wheels choices that will change that appearance.

Good question. Chevies traditionally sit lower than Fords, and level isn't even in question- at least not from the factory (combination of loading and aerodynamics). I bet they'll be a variety of tire/wheels choices that will change that appearance.

Thanx PB will wait and see?

"Other auto brands are facing worse concerns. While Nissan Division sales are down by a modest 1.8 percent this year, Chevrolet is down by 8.7 percent and Mitsubishi by 12.3 percent. Ford Motor Co., whose F-series trucks are the target for the Titan and a newly designed Toyota Tundra due out this fall, has a 104-day supply of those trucks. The Chrysler group is sitting on a 125-day supply of its Dodge Ram pickup."

If I was Ford I would be very worried.

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...E/60626004/1041

Toyota's new Tundra will just get import owners afriad of any US make.

The Tundra will only get those who swear up and down that Toyota is the BEST period. I can't see any defector's heading for Toyota lots unless they start shelling out massive incentives. Like the ones that you can get when there is a hundred or so day supply in your inventory. ;)

Personally, I would be worried only if there was a 3 year supply on hand and the the 250,000 units you had hoped to sell had to be reduced to 25,000.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

"Other auto brands are facing worse concerns. While Nissan Division sales are down by a modest 1.8 percent this year, Chevrolet is down by 8.7 percent and Mitsubishi by 12.3 percent. Ford Motor Co., whose F-series trucks are the target for the Titan and a newly designed Toyota Tundra due out this fall, has a 104-day supply of those trucks. The Chrysler group is sitting on a 125-day supply of its Dodge Ram pickup."

If I was Ford I would be very worried.

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...E/60626004/1041

Of course Ford is worried, there is a lot at stake with anything that comes close to touching the F-150 (from a development perspective).

Oh, and wow Ford has 104-day supply of a vehicle that moves over 70k units a month. Why should their be panic? Besides its not like the competiton can be used as the reason why the F 150 has seen a sales slump.

This is easily the ugliest thing I have ever seen come out of GM, including the Chevy Citation and the Pontiac Aztek. Somebody needs to quarrentine GM's design team because Detroit doesn't need ugly of this caliber getting out and spreading.

The boys at Dodge must feel bad - the Ram and Dakota are no longer the ugliest trucks on the road...

LOL, you plan on elaborating on why Ford should worry? A write-up in Autoweek doesn't really do a great job at doing that.

Even Ford management is intuitive enough to realize they have a problem and are very worried.

When will the Ostriches figure it out?

Even Ford management is intuitive enough to realize they have a problem and are very worried.

When will the Ostriches figure it out?

:blah: :blah:

GM moved 1,692 Avalanches last month, and experienced a 16% sales loss in comparison to sales last year at the same time.

Toyota, Nissan, and almost every other carmaker have seen large trucks and SUVs lose quite a bit of ground this year. Yet with that said, Toyota continues to grow at a fairly decent rate.

Granted Ford will never ignore the pickup, SUV, and SUT market, do you really think a vehicle that moved 1,692 units is a big cause for frustration in Dearborn? NO! Ford needs to focus efforts on much more pressing issues, such as:

-quality and vehicle refinement

-a NEW Focus, Ranger, and affordable RWD sedan

-technology

-B Car

-fuel efficency

Throw that silly ostrich term around all you want, big trucks such as the Avalanche are a dying breed. Besides if I'm not mistaken I'm sure Ford moves about as many Sport Tracs a month.