Rouge for out of zone

kalel170

I have a question if anyone can help. Are there still quite a few people layoff in the Michigan zone? If so about how many? And why would they post job openings in out of zone plants for Dearborn Rouge site if there still is workers on ILO?

Edited by kalel170

got a robo call the other day about , them needing 100 people at DTP, no moving allowance and no return to basic unit recall rights, just a full time opening. Then today receive another robo call about new york (hvc) auto parts plant needing 2 people, but offering moving allowance and recall rights to home plant , where in new york is this plant.

got a robo call the other day about , them needing 100 people at DTP, no moving allowance and no return to basic unit recall rights, just a full time opening. Then today receive another robo call about new york (hvc) auto parts plant needing 2 people, but offering moving allowance and recall rights to home plant , where in new york is this plant.

Probably Baffalo

the new york hvc is in cranbury , nj

No but salaried still offered a very generous moving allowance including loss of value from the home if transferred plus moving allowance.

One of our commiteemen claimed it was because they had employees on ilo in Michigan. To me that still makes no sense at all. Why offer to out of zone if there still is people out of work.

AAI went to one shift and i know of at least 25 people put on ILO, we never got any call for a job. only thing they did to us was cut our insurance, thats right. we found out that some how they took us off the books and stopped our insurance. called NESC, of course the call center is in another country and they could not help. we are now told they are looking into it. WELL THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!

AAI went to one shift and i know of at least 25 people put on ILO, we never got any call for a job. only thing they did to us was cut our insurance, thats right. we found out that some how they took us off the books and stopped our insurance. called NESC, of course the call center is in another country and they could not help. we are now told they are looking into it. WELL THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!

I put in for the dearborn bid because I want to move back to Michigan and its closer to my family. But I feel that if there is still workers on ilo in-zone in Michigan, they should get the offer to go before anyone. Not open up the bids company wide like my union rep said they have to now. I'm still working, my other union brothers and sisters who are on ilo should get the right first. Does nyone about how many workers are still on ilo in Michigan?

Edited by kalel170

Force the people on ILO to work or make them quit.................Guess the rules have changed again......The company and union once again making up the rules as we go along!

Found out today that the all zone 1 voluntary to DTP was posted and did not get enough volunteers. If you are displaced production in zone 1 and did not get offered DTP last month I would suggest you get in touch with your Chairman.

The next step would be forcing so the UAW negotiated to offer outside of zone 1 voluntarily. Apparently there are many displaced zone 1 members out there that want a opportunity to return to Michigan. I think this was a great opportunity for the displaced members to return to Michigan. Many will be happy to call Michigan home again.

100 openings. Posted a KCAP on Monday.

Hey K.C, Your saying that 100 openings for Det-is posted in your plant? Not doubting you, I'm just trying to verify something and you may be able to help me. What zones are they offering and what building are you in? Thank you for your help .

Hey K.C, Your saying that 100 openings for Det-is posted in your plant? Not doubting you, I'm just trying to verify something and you may be able to help me. What zones are they offering and what building are you in? Thank you for your help .

ARod- Verify what? that I actually work a KCAP. If you must know I work in the main plant. Swing line to be exact. I did not look at the posting to closely, but if you want me to I will, and find out what zones are on it.

I have a question if anyone can help. Are there still quite a few people layoff in the Michigan zone? If so about how many? And why would they post job openings in out of zone plants for Dearborn Rouge site if there still is workers on ILO?

Not sure if you are up to date with what has taken place in Michigan, so here is the story. The union has done a great job making sure that everyone is working and not on ILO. In order to do this they have allowed people to bid to two parts plants, Saline and Sheldon Rd, as a temporary assignment until jobs become available for them, or until they are needed at their home plant. Not sure the exact number of people currently working at this temporary placement, but if I were to guess about 1000 to 1200. So most likely there is no one or very few people in Michigan on ILO, due to this.

Not sure if you are up to date with what has taken place in Michigan, so here is the story. The union has done a great job making sure that everyone is working and not on ILO. In order to do this they have allowed people to bid to two parts plants, Saline and Sheldon Rd, as a temporary assignment until jobs become available for them, or until they are needed at their home plant. Not sure the exact number of people currently working at this temporary placement, but if I were to guess about 1000 to 1200. So most likely there is no one or very few people in Michigan on ILO, due to this.

thanks for the info

ARod- Verify what? that I actually work a KCAP. If you must know I work in the main plant. Swing line to be exact. I did not look at the posting to closely, but if you want me to I will, and find out what zones are on it.

If you say you work in KC i have no reason to doubt you KC. I'm being told one thing by representation and finding out that what they are telling me is not correct. Thanks again.

If you say you work in KC i have no reason to doubt you KC. I'm being told one thing by representation and finding out that what they are telling me is not correct. Thanks again.

Arod- Sorry your representation is misleading you. That's always sad when that happens.

I looked at the post on my way out today,

it says. For zoned 3, 4, and 6-30.

the deadline has already passed to sign up here. It was Aug, 4th.

all the positions are for non-skilled.

Dont know why they went out of zone. They never asked Trades that are working temp jobs. They should have been asked if they wanted to go to production. Most of the temp tradesmen are from closed plants.