AAI New Work Schedule

deflep1

We were notified today that on September 7 we are going back to 5-8 hour days. They also did a canvas poll to see if we wanted to keep 6:30am as our start time, or start at 6am. More people voted to start a half hour earlier, so that will probably happen. Tag relief is still up in the air. We just got our letters of understanding this week to be able to allow for tag, but the union said all that work might be for nothing. If we don't go to tag relief, the bottom 200 or so won't be needed. I hope they get this resolved soon and everyone still has a job.

We were notified today that on September 7 we are going back to 5-8 hour days. They also did a canvas poll to see if we wanted to keep 6:30am as our start time, or start at 6am. More people voted to start a half hour earlier, so that will probably happen. Tag relief is still up in the air. We just got our letters of understanding this week to be able to allow for tag, but the union said all that work might be for nothing. If we don't go to tag relief, the bottom 200 or so won't be needed. I hope they get this resolved soon and everyone still has a job.

Don't hold your breath on AAI and the union getting anything resolved.....in my 23 years at this plant i have never seen it so unorganized and people turning around in circles.....our union leadership is pathetic and our managment has their heads in their arses.......tag relief is going to be a nightmare if it comes to fruition.....in our unit alone we have two tag relief people that are on restrictions and can't do an RTO job and the other never comes to work and when they do can't do one single job .....pathetic.....we should have NEVER had people pick tag relief positions without a clear definition of job descriptions......the company has thrown together a line balance to go to one shift and they go off halfed cocked without any forethought......what a mess....and we are expected to build quality vehicles under this kind of leadership???? WTF

Don't hold your breath on AAI and the union getting anything resolved.....in my 23 years at this plant i have never seen it so unorganized and people turning around in circles.....our union leadership is pathetic and our managment has their heads in their arses.......tag relief is going to be a nightmare if it comes to fruition.....in our unit alone we have two tag relief people that are on restrictions and can't do an RTO job and the other never comes to work and when they do can't do one single job .....pathetic.....we should have NEVER had people pick tag relief positions without a clear definition of job descriptions......the company has thrown together a line balance to go to one shift and they go off halfed cocked without any forethought......what a mess....and we are expected to build quality vehicles under this kind of leadership???? WTF

It seems they were more hellbent on cutting a shift than they were in looking at the ramifications of the move. You wonder what their agenda is.

It seems they were more hellbent on cutting a shift than they were in looking at the ramifications of the move. You wonder what their agenda is.

exactly.....something just doesn't make sense.....get rid of a shift....hold on to 200 extra people....for tag relief....and nobody seems to know how tag relief really works.....we'll just do it.......i know it is a stretch of the imagination on my part but it really seems to me that they wanted to eliminate a shift....cram 72 jobs an hour down our throats and add the tag relief fiasco and change the start time.....then i hear talk of going back to two shifts...adding another vehicle.....i wouldn't be surprised that after all this they offer another round of buyouts to see if we are soooooo tired and worn out from all this that just enough of us will take it so they can hire entry level workers to fill a whole second shift....in the meantime our product suffers......

I'm thinking this one shift thing was Savona's grand idea! Being a plant manager might be too much for him to handle. lmao

• Like 1

That place is hopeless.