FORD EXPLORER TO GET 31 MPG?

In this NPR talk show about the auto industry, Jack Kain, a Ford dealer in Kentucky, compares the old Explorer's gas mileage with the new one.

He says the 2011 Explorer will get 31 MPG.

The whole show (it's long-about 46 minutes) is worth listening to, but he says it about the 43 minute mark it you want to fast forward.

http://www.onpointradio.org/2010/08/us-auto-industry-revving-up

In this NPR talk show about the auto industry, Jack Kain, a Ford dealer in Kentucky, compares the old Explorer's gas mileage with the new one.

He says the 2011 Explorer will get 31 MPG.

The whole show (it's long-about 46 minutes) is worth listening to, but he says it about the 43 minute mark it you want to fast forward.

http://www.onpointradio.org/2010/08/us-auto-industry-revving-up

Ford has stated publicly that the new Explorer with Ecoboost I4 option will get the fuel mileage of a Toyota Camry V6 vehicle. I repeat...V6, not the Camry I4 that gets 31mpg or thereabouts. What does the Camry V6 get with over 260hp. I believe the highway mileage is in the 28-29 mpg range which would be very good for a SUV of Explorer size.

Ford has stated publicly that the new Explorer with Ecoboost I4 option will get the fuel mileage of a Toyota Camry V6 vehicle. I repeat...V6, not the Camry I4 that gets 31mpg or thereabouts. What does the Camry V6 get with over 260hp. I believe the highway mileage is in the 28-29 mpg range which would be very good for a SUV of Explorer size.

I can live with 28-29mpgs :shades:

That was a great radio show, i also recommend anybody to give it a listen. They really told it like it is for the most part, I think a lot of people who heard that will correctly give the Big 3 (frankly i don't think Chrysler deserves it just yet) a good hard look. They pointed to surveys showing Ford ahead of Toyota in terms of quality, stuff like that.

My favourite part was when this one guy calls in, says he's sitting in his Ford truck at a construction site, he's always loved the idea of American workers building trucks so that other American workers can get the job done etc... And then he says he doesn't think he can get another Ford truck cause they're all built in Mexico and Canada. I'm like "you're full of it!" but i didn't need to worry, surely the dealer from Kentucky (of all places) can correct him on that, and having the older sounding lady from Edmunds confirm it only made the caller sound even more bonkers.

That was a great radio show, i also recommend anybody to give it a listen. They really told it like it is for the most part, I think a lot of people who heard that will correctly give the Big 3 (frankly i don't think Chrysler deserves it just yet) a good hard look. They pointed to surveys showing Ford ahead of Toyota in terms of quality, stuff like that.

My favourite part was when this one guy calls in, says he's sitting in his Ford truck at a construction site, he's always loved the idea of American workers building trucks so that other American workers can get the job done etc... And then he says he doesn't think he can get another Ford truck cause they're all built in Mexico and Canada. I'm like "you're full of it!" but i didn't need to worry, surely the dealer from Kentucky (of all places) can correct him on that, and having the older sounding lady from Edmunds confirm it only made the caller sound even more bonkers.

I bet it was 'P' calling in, posing as a Ford owner in order to stir the pot.

Because this EB is meant to get the high MPG. You add AWD, you also add cost to the already more expensive EB model while decreasing the fuel mileage. What would be the point of getting that vs. a V6?

Would AWD decrease the 2.0L EB's fuel economy more than it would the V6's fuel economy?