Face-Off: 2011 Ford Fusion versus 2011 Hyundai Sonata

I too am sick of people so hot on the Sonata's exterior. The hood and grill make it look like they hit a pedestrian on the way out of the factory.

LOL good analogy, but I do have to admit it does garner alot of attention. I seem not to be able to NOT to notice one a Sonata when I'm out on the road. I just think that the design won't hold up that well after a couple a years because of this. I kind of like it but at the same time I don't.

I believe most observer's that are enamored with the Sonata, is mainly because Hyundai actually put out a decent product. In other words, its like the Down Syndrome child that you just can't help but applaud because he was able to hold a Crayon, compared to our honor student that is already learning to use oil paints.

I believe most observer's that are enamored with the Sonata, is mainly because Hyundai actually put out a decent product. In other words, its like the Down Syndrome child that you just can't help but applaud because he was able to hold a Crayon, compared to our honor student that is already learning to use oil paints.

harsh but funny!

[i am looking at this a bit differently......Edmunds is comparing a Hyundai Sonata vs a Ford Fusion in the midsize category! Think about that-not a Camry vs. Accord or Altima.

Give credit to both companies-they are being compared to each other like they are the best in the most competitive segment in the automotive industry. Everyone has a 4 door sedan and most are pretty damn good.

But why Fusion vs Sonata-because both companies have provided a excellent product and are gaining momentum.

I like both products and see a ton of them on the road. i spoke with this lady the other day who had purchased a new Sonata-she liked it but not as much as her 04 Accord (really think she was trying to justify her purchase of a Hyundai though because she had no complaints) but raved about the fuel mileage. Great work Hyundai-hell of an engine and congrats to Ford-I love the Fusion sport-just looks awesome.

My question would be is why would anyone buy a Accord or Camry today when you could purchase these two vehicles or a new Subaru Legary (my choice), Mazda 6, Altima or Malibu (my current company vehicle which is very good)???

I haven't read the article either simply because Edmunds always seems to find some obscure reason, no matter how pointless, why import cars are better.

Totally agree with this. Perfect example is the just recent Mustang GT Vs BMW M3. The GT did as well or better than the M3 at just about everything. They gave the win to the M3. Duh.