Ordered 2011 F-150

Sonettech

I work in Body, not Final, so I don't see what engines they are putting into them. I just know they are 2011's buy what parts they are putting on them. The 2011 parts are in different racks.

I'll jump in here Pioneer...We have run all 3 engines through the system. Last I heard, balance out of the 2010's will be the end of October (we are supposed to be off for a couple of days then so they can switch out the rad fill to the "new" formula). The Eco boost will not be available until after the first of the year its going to be a 2011 1/2 model. Not sure if this has been brought up or talked about, but the 5.0 has no power steering pump.......

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll jump in here Pioneer...We have run all 3 engines through the system. Last I heard, balance out of the 2010's will be the end of October (we are supposed to be off for a couple of days then so they can switch out the rad fill to the "new" formula). The Eco boost will not be available until after the first of the year its going to be a 2011 1/2 model. Not sure if this has been brought up or talked about, but the 5.0 has no power steering pump.......

Thanks for the information.

We learned about the elec power steering a few weeks ago when the order guide came out.

I will get to drive the new trucks at the Texas Motor Speedway next weekend, then I guess I will have to place my order and wait.

So when will the 5.0L, 6.2L be built. Any idea. Thanks for the info.

All of the new 2011 motors will have electric power steering except for the 6.2L motor. Thanks for the info!!

Thanks for the information.

We learned about the elec power steering a few weeks ago when the order guide came out.

I will get to drive the new trucks at the Texas Motor Speedway next weekend, then I guess I will have to place my order and wait.

PLEASE let us know your driving impressions, like ride quality, 5.0 power, body style changes, interior changes. Thanks, you lucky dog!!!

Yes, if you don't mind listing out the prices for each of your options on the Lariat, that would be helpful. It looks like your 6.2 Lariat MSRP isn't much different than a loaded Raptor Screw (minus the graphics and orange accents).

TIA!

Here is the prices from the order sheet.

Option Retail DLR INV

F150 4x4 SS Crew 39615 35858

LTHR CPT CHAIRS 975 809

6.2 EFI 2V V8 1995 1656

CHROME PK 1495 1241

POWER MOONROOF 995 826

SONY NAVIGATION 2495 2071

MAX TRL PKG 565 469

LARIAT PLUS PKG 950 789

20" CHROME WHL 995 826

FUEL CHARGE 104.76

FDAF ASSESSMENT 503

DEST AND DELIV 975

TOTAL BASE AND OPTIONS 51055 46127.76

LARIAT PREMIUM DISCOUNT (1000) (830)

TOTAL 50055 45297.76

DD: Welcome back have missed u a bunch, how does the engine bay look with the 5.0 is it clean looking, in the mustang itis very clean looking, that is the one I want :happy feet:

Page 4 of the new order guide shows 36 gallon tanks standard on all 4x4 models, and 26 gallon tanks standard on all 4x2 models.

The order guide I have seen also says EcoBoost "includes 26 gallon fuel tank", but does not say if all EcoBoosts do. The chart on page 4 lists 4x4 with 36 gallon tanks, but does not differentiate for EcoBoost which they previously said includes a 26 gallon tank.

Thus the question. Does someone know for sure that the 4x4 EcoBoost comes with the large 36 gallon tank? That is what I am hoping for and hoping someone who works for Ford can answer. Thanks.

Edited by Bryan1

OK somebody needs to order an FX2. Preferably with the luxury package in a super crew configuration.

I saw one in the Home Depot parking lot in dark grey. It looked great. If I was going to get a new one it would probably be a supercrew FX2. Does that come with the 3.7L?

I just placed an order for a 2011 F150 Lariat 6.2 V8. It had to be a crewcab with the 5.5 bed. I had to get the max tow package which also forced me to get the chrome package. I also opted for the 20 inch chrome wheel option. Other options, Nav Sony system, Sunroof, Lariat plus package, was forced to get the seats with center console cause of the 6.2 motor. I think thats all the options and the MSRP came to $50,105. I get A plan which was a nice discount as well.

For a grand more or less you couyld have had a F-250 Super Duty. I built and priced both the F-150 & F-250 SD, both Lariat and loaded identical. The 250 came in 1+k more than the 250, go figure. Ordered the 250.

For a grand more or less you couyld have had a F-250 Super Duty. I built and priced both the F-150 & F-250 SD, both Lariat and loaded identical. The 250 came in 1+k more than the 250, go figure. Ordered the 250.

I was wrestling with the same decision and ended up ordering the 150. But I've been second-guessing myself a little bit. Somebody in the parking lot at my office has been driving a brand new 2011 F250 Lariat and the darn thing looks awfully nice.

I've heard lots of folks say that the 250 is a much stiffer, bumpier ride. I guess this is the price you pay for getting a much beefier and more powerful vehicle.

I'm curious about other issues. Anybody know? When comparing a 150 to an identically equipped 250, in what specific ways does the 150 come out ahead?

I was wrestling with the same decision and ended up ordering the 150. But I've been second-guessing myself a little bit. Somebody in the parking lot at my office has been driving a brand new 2011 F250 Lariat and the darn thing looks awfully nice.

I've heard lots of folks say that the 250 is a much stiffer, bumpier ride. I guess this is the price you pay for getting a much beefier and more powerful vehicle.

I'm curious about other issues. Anybody know? When comparing a 150 to an identically equipped 250, in what specific ways does the 150 come out ahead?

Ride quality. I have been in a superduty since 05 and can't wait to get another F150. This F250 with the solid front axle rides like a tank- it will rattle your teeth out. Oh, don't forget the "death wobble". The F150 is a better truck all around unless you tow heavy and tow often.

Ride quality. I have been in a superduty since 05 and can't wait to get another F150. This F250 with the solid front axle rides like a tank- it will rattle your teeth out. Oh, don't forget the "death wobble". The F150 is a better truck all around unless you tow heavy and tow often.

Unless you ride constant washboard roads, I see no difference in ride quality, in new trucks. I've had Chevy 1500 & 2500 p/u's as well as Ford, all ride well imho.

Unless you ride constant washboard roads, I see no difference in ride quality, in new trucks. I've had Chevy 1500 & 2500 p/u's as well as Ford, all ride well imho.

I can take my 4x4 out in the pasture, let go of the steering wheel and every change in the field makes the steering wheel move. Roads are the same, any imperfections no matter how minor are felt in the wheel. I have had the steering gearbox tightened up and I have put a better aftermarket steering stabiilizer on it. I have also experimented with different air pressures. It also has the death wobble that if you hit a bad washboard road, the steering wheel moves so violently you would think that you are losing control of the truck- very scary when it happens.

Now this is a 4x4 with the solid front axle, I don't know what you have driven, and yes you are right, if you can find a nice smooth highway it rides good- unfortunately I don't spend any time on interstates, mainly farm to market roads and state highways and city streets and country roads.

Turning circle, shorter (5.5 ft box), lower pending 250 rubber, And on rough roads will ride better, no question.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a Ford F-150 5.0L yesterday, obviously no build date yet. Can anyone in the know give some update on build date. I noticed that "Pioneer" stated that some were run on the assembly line the other day. How much time after these test runs do the production models start? Any help would be appreciated.

I was told by Ford dealer that my F-150 order will hopefully be "processed/pulled" Friday. I am not totally sure what this means, but it has to better that no news at all. I will update come Friday. I was also told that come Friday Ford will pull 5 orders, following Friday 7 orders and the following Friday 11.

I was told by Ford dealer that my F-150 order will hopefully be "processed/pulled" Friday. I am not totally sure what this means, but it has to better that no news at all. I will update come Friday. I was also told that come Friday Ford will pull 5 orders, following Friday 7 orders and the following Friday 11.

Well... I was told by my Ford dealer that due to some type of glitch in the system, my order will be pulled tomorrow and I will get an update on Monday. I will update then.