2012 F-150

johndeerefarmer

One of the guys that works for Ford says that the new design is 2012. I can't find the post but I read it here about a month ago.

I saw on another site that DearbornDerek (DTP Ford worker) commented that it would be 2014).

PS...not saying it is gospel...just stating what I saw.

EDIT: Found the link. Look at post #22. Of course, this is from 2.5 years ago...

Edited by fordmantpw

I saw on another site that DearbornDerek (DTP Ford worker) commented that it would be 2014).

PS...not saying it is gospel...just stating what I saw.

EDIT: Found the link. Look at post #22. Of course, this is from 2.5 years ago...

I finally found it.

Detroit Mike says "You can believe what you want but it will be 2012. I think I would know. "

Here is link http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/38017-2012-f-150-all-new-model/

Remember redesigned doesnt always mean everything is new. 2004 was the last complete overhaul of the F150. 2014 will be the next along with GM and toyota give or take a year. Crazy, feels like i was just getting use to the current f150 design as so many of the previous gen are still on the road

Just look at the T6. That is probably your next F-150. The Government will see to that.

If that or the 5" off the bed happens it will be the last F150 I buy. And the Ranger Mafia will still say it is too big.

If they were to take off something from the bed it would have to be from the 8' bed to make a 7' or 7.5' bed and they would have to make the 7' bed available on a crewcab in the upper trim levels with a heavy duty payload. A 5' bed is not useable for work. But I don't think any of this is going to happen. They can make a better F150 without turning it into a less capable Ranger.

So buy a Fiesta or Focus. Problem solved.

Those are trucks? I hadn't heard.

I don't have a problem with the F-150. I would like to see another Ranger too but let's not ruin the F-150 to do it.

No one wants to ruin the F-150, but I'd imagine you'd admit that (for all practical purposes) the current F-150 has the capabilities of an F-250.

Yes, I'm sorry to see the Ranger go. That's the market. However, to think that Ford expects that the F-150 in it's current size would be acceptable to those wanting a more human-sized truck is only a little less arrogant than expecting them to buy a Fiesta.

I finally found it.

Detroit Mike says "You can believe what you want but it will be 2012. I think I would know. "

Here is link http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/38017-2012-f-150-all-new-model/

You know, after reading these comments, I remembered that if I win a BIG lottery I will find a 1948 to 1952 F-1 and restore it. So to me, if it is a Ford Truck and is in new or good shape, it is DESIREABLE. So I plan on buying a 2011 F-150 5.0 Screw (economic conditions allowing) and I will be happy with it for many, many years no matter what the 2012, 2013,2014,2015 looks like.

IMHO

• 4 weeks later...

You know, after reading these comments, I remembered that if I win a BIG lottery I will find a 1948 to 1952 F-1 and restore it. So to me, if it is a Ford Truck and is in new or good shape, it is DESIREABLE. So I plan on buying a 2011 F-150 5.0 Screw (economic conditions allowing) and I will be happy with it for many, many years no matter what the 2012, 2013,2014,2015 looks like.

IMHO

I would just like to know when they are going to lighten the truck up substantially. I like the current body just fine but it it could go on a diet and lose 300-500 lbs it would really help with fuel economy

• Like 3

A 5' bed is not useable for work.

Who said? My truck works just fine with the 5.5' bed. Plenty of construction sites, handy men and contractors seem to work out of the 5.5' bed just fine.

However, to think that Ford expects that the F-150 in it's current size would be acceptable to those wanting a more human-sized truck is only a little less arrogant than expecting them to buy a Fiesta.

Why isn't it acceptable or human-sized? Don't hear many if any people who use their F150 as it's built (myself included) complaining about the size of the F150. I only hear from people in their econo-boxes or soccer moms driving F150s as their DD complaining. Most owners I deal with or speak with, love the size.

In that case, then we need to shrink down the new Explorer, as it has grown over the years/designs. Same with the compact/mid-size trucks. Same with compact and mid-size cars, etc.

Edited by V8-X

• 2 months later...