Show and Tell

BORG

Nice rig, Borg. Thanks for sharing the pics. My wife and I took delivery on ours last week (Ingot Silver with black interior). It is a very nice looking vehicle. We have had a few issues though that are getting us wondering what kind of reliabilty we might have with this vehicle later. Here are the issues we have had during our first 100 miles since delivery:

Driver's side power seat did not work correctly - dealer replaced parts to fix.

Vehicle pulled hard to the right - dealer swapped front tires/wheels with another new MKX he had telling us we had a defective tire.

Chrome piece that runs across the base of the rear windows does not fit correctly - it appears to be arched rather than straight and the rubber seal at the base of the rear stationary triagular window is away from the window by about an eighth of an inch. It is against the window on the other side of the vehicle.

We cannot keep a cell phone connected to Sync - no explanation for this from the dealer.

These are what we have found in just the first 100 miles. I worry about later.

I don't want to put a damper on your delivery, but you might want to check it over good for defects. It appears the attention to detail is somewhat lacking at the Ford Plant the assembles these.

Anyway, I sure hope the you and the rest of the people getting the Edge and the MKX get off to a better start than we have.

Oh, one other thing - don't email Ford with a question about anything on your new vehicle. I did that and all I got was an email asking me for information like the VIn and what dealer I purchased it from. Heck, all I wanted answered was a simple question.

I don't want to put a damper on your delivery, but you might want to check it over good for defects. It appears the attention to detail is somewhat lacking at the Ford Plant the assembles these.

I beg to differ. My 2011 Edge seems to be put together like a brickhouse, and I've gone over every inch of it. 400 miles on mine now.

Oh, one other thing - don't email Ford with a question about anything on your new vehicle. I did that and all I got was an email asking me for information like the VIn and what dealer I purchased it from. Heck, all I wanted answered was a simple question.

What do you really expect them to do? They need to log the question in their system and need the VIN and dealer information to complete that. Any company would and should ask you such things.

If I have one complaint so far about my Edge (and it's not really specific to the Edge - just Fords in general) it's that there's a lot of wasted space on the touch screen. They should make all of the fonts and buttons larger to make them easier to see and touch after just a quick glance. There's a lot of "white space" between the buttons on many of the screens that is not being utilized well. Also, it would be great if the scrollable screens could actually be scrolled by sliding your finger on the touch screen (like on any Android or iPhone) instead of having to search for the tiny little scroll arrows.

Edited by NickF1011

Here's my new ride, picked up earlier this week.

One pic in the rain the day after I picked it up with the 20" Chrome wheels, and a second pic after installing 18" wheels & winter tires and tint job!

I love it!

Love the shot in the rain! I'm starting to think Lincoln should just offer all of their vehicles in black only. :lol:

• 1 month later...

Borg nice ride. We tossed between White or Black. Took delivery on 12-30-10 White, AWD, 101-A, Wood - wife loves all aspects of the vehicle, lincoln touch, Sync. I like the redunancy - way better than I Drive featured in Bimmers. Now if only the cargo cover.....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ford_trucks,

how do you like that Med. Blue? I ordered the kona blue but it was a very tough decision between the two. However, I figured that I might grow tired of the med. blue.

thanks Erika

Erika

Sorry to have not responded sooner. I really like the Med Blue. It even looks good dirty :) I now have over 7k miles on my Edge. I tell people most every day how much I love it. Rides great, handles well and is really comfortable.

• 1 month later...

Here is my 2011 Ford Edge Sport FWD (live in SoCal, AWD not really needed!). Got all the bells and whistles except the rear entertainment package. Still trying to get my Droid X to sync text messages, but overall I'm havin' a blast driving this thing! Planning a road trip to Vegas soon. Can't wait to get it out on the open desert highway!

post-43770-0-30337600-1303235856_thumb.jpg