Wall Street Not Happy We Kept Our Wages and Benefits

louie

The UAW gets 2 hours pay per month from its members. So you're saying the UAW would rather have you making $10 an hour instead of $28? Got it. :koolaid:

The infiltration of 2 tier people and temps have already started. The Uaw knows that instead of 2 million people making 20-30 dollars an hour they will need 4 million or more making 10-15 dollars an hour to keep there double dipping pensions fully funded while our pensions are seriously underfunded..wake up

Edited by TBodette68
  • Like 1

First of all, our republic "brothers and sisters" are voting on single issues....gun control (pry my gun outta my cold dead hand and all that) and they are not looking at the big picture. You'd be surprised at how many of our members are leaning towards the tea party! They've an attitude of "Screw you, Jack, I've got mine" until something gets taken away from THEM and then all hell breaks loose! But don't make any mistakes about it, very few Democrats are really on our side and really willing to fight for us. They all talk a good game but face it, they're all out for themselves. Kind of like your International and local reps.

As for the two tier wage system, yes, we're at 80/20 right now but what do you want to bet that in an effort to preserve their precious pattern bargaining that they're going to try to bring the Ford people DOWN to the level of the GM and Chrysler people. We didn't get the benefits of the bridge loans and we sucked it up and paid the hard dues when GM and Chrysler were living it up while we saved for the rainy day but, by God, we're going to pay the same price as they're paying in the name of "Pattern Bargaining". Why will they bring us down to the others' level? Honestly, because I don't think they have anyone up there capable of working to bring the others up to our level!

Let me ask you, how many of you have turned in resolutions for National negotiations?

• Like 1

First of all, our republic "brothers and sisters" are voting on single issues....gun control (pry my gun outta my cold dead hand and all that) and they are not looking at the big picture. You'd be surprised at how many of our members are leaning towards the tea party! They've an attitude of "Screw you, Jack, I've got mine" until something gets taken away from THEM and then all hell breaks loose! But don't make any mistakes about it, very few Democrats are really on our side and really willing to fight for us. They all talk a good game but face it, they're all out for themselves. Kind of like your International and local reps.

As for the two tier wage system, yes, we're at 80/20 right now but what do you want to bet that in an effort to preserve their precious pattern bargaining that they're going to try to bring the Ford people DOWN to the level of the GM and Chrysler people. We didn't get the benefits of the bridge loans and we sucked it up and paid the hard dues when GM and Chrysler were living it up while we saved for the rainy day but, by God, we're going to pay the same price as they're paying in the name of "Pattern Bargaining". Why will they bring us down to the others' level? Honestly, because I don't think they have anyone up there capable of working to bring the others up to our level!

Let me ask you, how many of you have turned in resolutions for National negotiations?

No surprise about the Tea Party. It may be our only hope.

Your right everyone should become more involved with our union and turning in some resolutions would be a good starting point..

• Like 1

No surprise about the Tea Party. It may be our only hope.

Your right everyone should become more involved with our union and turning in some resolutions would be a good starting point..

I turned in resoltions for zone seniority and entry level wages for all of our ACH plants to stop closure and keep these plants open.

I also put a resolution in to keep the suspension on all of our modifications and to double our profit sharing formula.

The most important one I put in was for product in all of our plants including powertrain, stamping, ACH and Assembly.

I turned in resoltions for zone seniority and entry level wages for all of our ACH plants to stop closure and keep these plants open.

I also put a resolution in to keep the suspension on all of our modifications and to double our profit sharing formula.

The most important one I put in was for product in all of our plants including powertrain, stamping, ACH and Assembly.

you got a better chance if you had sent this list to santa claus..what planet are you from?

you got a better chance if you had sent this list to santa claus..what planet are you from?

The resolution process is part of our Consititution. Its called getting involved to give ideas to the National Negotiators and Local Committees.

You Sir are pathetic.

You point fingers, complain and obviously dont get involved with your local.

You wouldnt be happy if you were given a weekly check and told to sit home.

Be gone

The resolution process is part of our Consititution. Its called getting involved to give ideas to the National Negotiators and Local Committees.

You Sir are pathetic.

You point fingers, complain and obviously dont get involved with your local.

You wouldnt be happy if you were given a weekly check and told to sit home.

Be gone

:reading:

I have a deep hatred for republicans for their anti American stance on our auto manufacturing and protecting other countries interest. Where is the outrage. If not for Obama getting elected we could all either be out of jobs or making $10 per hour. Oh yeah the UAW was there the whole way to insure our interest.

Maybe this will shake their memories in our darkest hours

Shame on ANY UAW autoworker that voted republican

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrQ-xtbwyYI

Yup All Republicans hate us

If wall street isn't happy....why has our stock more then doubled since GM's rescue?....what is your point?

The OP posted a WSJ arcticle that stated the reasons of keeping the rates of pay, benefits, retiree benefits and pensions was wrong. The republicans and wall street are not pleased with a bankrupcy that did not take these unnessisary items away. The republicans and wallsteet feel the UAW contracts should have been shredded.

I am sure wall street and the repubicans would be happier if the stock tripled and we make $10 to pay off the debt faster

Crying shame anyone would vote republicant

Edited by Armstrong

The UAW should have never been involved in the bankruptcy process. They should have walked away and left wages, benefits, pension, retiree healthcare and product up to the bankruptcy Judge.

Because the UAW was involved and the UAW contract was not sanitized the stock price will never be where it should.

The UAW should have never been involved in the bankruptcy process. They should have walked away and left wages, benefits, pension, retiree healthcare and product up to the bankruptcy Judge.

Because the UAW was involved and the UAW contract was not sanitized the stock price will never be where it should.

The UAW was involved because they became a major stakeholder when we took over retirees health care.

The UAW was involved because they became a major stakeholder when we took over retirees health care.

Funny I didn’t see any Bond Holders or Dealer Representatives at the Congressional or Senate hearings!

The UAW should have not been there. The CEOs know what they needed for competitive labor………..Not the UAW.

• Like 2

The big three are going to be making huge profits long into the future and they will still be paying the workers wages and benefits that are going to very acceptable to some and not to some others. If you have an issue with the stock price and you own some then maybe it is time for you sell. The auto workers pay was not the reason that the companies were hurting that bad. People that come to an employee forum and stir the pot are for the most part are just a bunch of jealous a-hole haters. Right wing or left or none of the above we are here on earth for a short time and no one should be getting off on watching other fellow humans suffer in any form. The UAW and most other unions help the average person have a much better life then most of the rich company owners would like. It is time to stop the push from the ultra wealthy business owners to have the good hard workers make less so they can have bigger boats and houses and more money then they will ever be able to spend. Stop helping them make us race to the bottom.

Edited by sez

Funny I didn’t see any Bond Holders or Dealer Representatives at the Congressional or Senate hearings!

The UAW should have not been there. The CEOs know what they needed for competitive labor………..Not the UAW.

The big three are going to be making huge profits long into the future and they will still be paying the workers wages and benefits that are going to very acceptable to some and not to some others. If you have an issue with the stock price and you own some then maybe it is time for you sell. The auto workers pay was not the reason that the companies were hurting that bad. People that come to an employee forum and stir the pot are for the most part are just a bunch of jealous a-hole haters. Right wing or left or none of the above we are here on earth for a short time and no one should be getting off on watching other fellow humans suffer in any form. The UAW and most other unions help the average person have a much better life then most of the rich company owners would like. It is time to stop the push from the ultra wealthy business owners to have the good hard workers make less so they can have bigger boats and houses and more money then they will ever be able to spend. Stop helping them make us race to the bottom.

Please everyone do not feed the troll

He joined today... probably some kid.

Instead report him...he is not an autoworker of any kind and him and his posts should be removed.

Oh, no! Say it ain't so.

BTW, how does anyone PROVE they are Ford employees on this forum anyway?

Did I miss the registration page?

What is the probation period from sign-up before you can make a post?

There needs to be some cleansing here.

We can't allow such as this to go on.

I volunteer to push the broom.

Anything useful to say? Watch where you push that broom. Sounds like you spend alot of time alone. Looks like your the only one that believes in what you post.

Please everyone do not feed the troll

He joined today... probably some kid.

Member of Local 900. Michigan Truck to Wayne ISA. Been with Ford and the UAW since the early 90s. Just because I don’t like paying union dues doesn’t mean I am not an employee. I would rather save 50 bucks a week and show that I have the skills to do 3 jobs at once. I can negotiate my own rate of pay and not have the Union tell me I can’t work the weekend or seniority determines shift. These rules get us now where and should be handled by job performance not union rules. The contract can be company policy and just a document for handling benefits. We don’t need the UAW. Sorry but we would be better off negotiating for ourselves.

• Like 2

Member of Local 900. Michigan Truck to Wayne ISA. Been with Ford and the UAW since the early 90s. Just because I don’t like paying union dues doesn’t mean I am not an employee. I would rather save 50 bucks a week and show that I have the skills to do 3 jobs at once. I can negotiate my own rate of pay and not have the Union tell me I can’t work the weekend or seniority determines shift. These rules get us now where and should be handled by job performance not union rules. The contract can be company policy and just a document for handling benefits. We don’t need the UAW. Sorry but we would be better off negotiating for ourselves.

You can represent yourself then because 50 bucks a week you are being ripped off , I only pay 2 hours wages every month. You show the company you can do 3 jobs and shortly they will add another.

If you are not rightfully up for weekend work then good for them by ensuring the overtime is equalized. I have a hard time believing you have early 90's seniority, usually the ones that bitch about shift preference in regards to seniority usually do not have any.

You want company policy; cut pay, cut pensions and cut all other benefits you would not have to worry about a handbook.

Speaking of benefits who the fuck do you think would have had to pay for the pension of more than 500,000 retires if GM and Chrysler went down ? thats right the government (tax payers) , another reason the UAW was there to show what the workforce that have a binding contract with these companies was willing to do to get them out of the trouble they where in.

Useing your logic, why was Mullaly there ? Ford did not get a bailout , thats right another stakeholder in the auto industry that would have been majorly effected from the supply side had those two gone down.

Sorry Aces I am a glutton for punishment.

Anything useful to say? Watch where you push that broom. Sounds like you spend alot of time alone. Looks like your the only one that believes in what you post.

You sure crawled out of the woodwork for that one!

I was reacting to someone here arbitrarily calling for another poster to be kicked off this site.

It is designated the Ford Employees forum. There is no policy of verification here like there is at Ford Fanatics Forum. So how can ANYONE determine who belongs here unless they comment they are here illegitimately?

I was defending a dissenting voice.

The one calling for the reporting of a "troll" has zero tolerance for dissent.

Hourly Non-Union is still an employee. He has a right to voice his opinion.

That's the thing about free speech. You're free to hear some things you may disagree with.

You can represent yourself then because 50 bucks a week you are being ripped off , I only pay 2 hours wages every month. You show the company you can do 3 jobs and shortly they will add another.

If you are not rightfully up for weekend work then good for them by ensuring the overtime is equalized. I have a hard time believing you have early 90's seniority, usually the ones that bitch about shift preference in regards to seniority usually do not have any.

You want company policy; cut pay, cut pensions and cut all other benefits you would not have to worry about a handbook.

Speaking of benefits who the fuck do you think would have had to pay for the pension of more than 500,000 retires if GM and Chrysler went down ? thats right the government (tax payers) , another reason the UAW was there to show what the workforce that have a binding contract with these companies was willing to do to get them out of the trouble they where in.

Useing your logic, why was Mullaly there ? Ford did not get a bailout , thats right another stakeholder in the auto industry that would have been majorly effected from the supply side had those two gone down.

Sorry Aces I am a glutton for punishment.

We would all be far better off without the UAW. There is no use for Unions anymore in the United States. They served their purpose and now we have labor laws that protect us.

The UAW has done nothing for me other than holding back my earning potential.

• Like 1

We would all be far better off without the UAW. There is no use for Unions anymore in the United States. They served their purpose and now we have labor laws that protect us.

The UAW has done nothing for me other than holding back my earning potential.

I disagree. The UAW has a lot of faults that each of us need to help change. That said I would shutter to think how we would have been treated without them.Could you explain to me how the union has held back your earnings potential?

• Like 1