More Zeta news; RWD Chevy Sedan is "imminent"

Fgts

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f67/holden-american-dream-commodore-set-us-return-97715/

"The Commodore looks set to regain its drawl, with US exports of the iconic Australian large car imminent, writes Bruce Newton.

The Holden Commodore appears odds-on to return to the US with a Chevrolet badge and it should happen within the lifespan of the current model.

Another GM source, who did not wish to be named, went further and said the export deal had been approved. "But you didn't hear me say that," the source said."

I like to see what a properly marketed "G8" would do against the Charger R/T and Taurus SHO.

By the time the VE Commodore returns to US shores, that body will be about 5 years old,

why would GM/Holden do that when the Zeta II VF Commodore is probably 12-18 months away?

Surely Holden will wait until the new model arrives and let the US currency strengthen a bit,

to export in front of those two events makes no sense but this is GM we're talking about...

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

Another snoozzzzzzzzzzze factor G8 that will send you to sleep when you look at its dull very boring shape that will struggle to sell a 1000 a month at launch then drop off to a 300 sales.

Old GM New GM Old GM New GM Killed off the ultra boring shaped Pontiac because it was not making money so they closed the brand down , New GM bring it back again, whats next Chapter 11?

Bring back the awesome 60's Stingray and start making cars folk want to buy for a change, and start making big profits & start employing folk again.

Very boring news indeed more dullness on the way that you don't want, won't buy SSSSSsssssssssssssssstitanic.gif

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

Isn't this year 4 of the 'RWD Chevy sedan is coming" era?

The only thing that's materialized thus far is a Caprice that hasn't actually hit the market yet, which is being imported from Australia to get heck pounded out of it by low-bid customers. And it's only being sold to them because that way it's CAFE exempt.

boondoggle.

Isn't this year 4 of the 'RWD Chevy sedan is coming" era?

The only thing that's materialized thus far is a Caprice that hasn't actually hit the market yet, which is being imported from Australia to get heck pounded out of it by low-bid customers. And it's only being sold to them because that way it's CAFE exempt.

boondoggle.

Richard, the whole thing is so sad and it's all to do with the inaction over Chevrolet products.

If GMNA had the balls to follow through and given buyers a Zeta Impala 4 years ago, we wouldn't

keep hearing incessant stories and had GM made the Malibu a Lacrosse sized Epsilon II FWD/AWD,

the two vehicles would then cover the entire field of buyers, end of story.

I could have respected them more if they had stuck to Zeta for Impala and BuicK Lucerne,

at least that would have been a decision delivering fresh products be they ultimately right or wrong.

But as usual, the corporate madness that is GM is set to continue flip flopping.

Edited by jpd80

The business case for a full size RWD sedan from an entrylevel manufacturer is so thin you can see through it. And it's been that thin for years. Zeta should have never ever seen the light of day. It shouldn't have happened. There's no justification for it absent a sizable NA market, and there is no NA market.

Zeta is to GM what the Sierra/Scorpio were to Ford Europe: the parting gift of one Robert J Lutz.

Edited by RichardJensen

The business case for a full size RWD sedan from an entry level manufacturer is so thin you can see through it. And it's been that thin for years. Zeta should have never ever seen the light of day. It shouldn't have happened. There's no justification for it absent a sizable NA market, and there is no NA market.

Zeta is to GM what the Sierra/Scorpio were to Ford Europe: the parting gift of one Robert J Lutz.

Zeta was V-Car replacement and IMO, should always have stayed as regional Commodore program.

Camaro on Zeta was a huge mistake, it needed to be a light vehicle like the Mustang

The lighter RWD Kappa platform or Holden's TT36 Torana variation in 2004 showed the way.

Lutz' ego for RWD blinded him to the needs of GM divisions crying out for new FWD / AWD products,

vehicles like Impala and Lucerne are still waiting even though Zetas types were canceled 4 years ago..

What is GM's problem??????

The business case for a full size RWD sedan from an entrylevel manufacturer is so thin you can see through it. And it's been that thin for years. Zeta should have never ever seen the light of day]. It shouldn't have happened. There's no justification for it absent a sizable NA market, and there is no NA market.

Wow glad Chrysler or GM didn't that memo. BTW you know the Caprice and Commadore is still sold in other nations even if the G8 never sold in America, infact Holden would be fold-in if no Commadore would be sold at all, and a fwd POS took it's place. The Zeta it's a world class platform that blows away a 5-series for half price as well as a Genesis and Charger.

The G8 sold poorly because it's was a Pontiac with no marketing, not because of "no NA market"

BTW i hear the Chevy might be called Monte Carlo (really) due to name recognition.

I love your brilliant analogies Richard, l watched Lutz being interviewed on CNBC this week they asked him what he thought the biggest problems were at GM that caused them to lose so much money and go bankruptcy, and what he thought of Ford for doing so well to avoid it. Bob's only answer was to answer the latter part of the question with a " Ford just got lucky, and mortgaged the company". I will try and fish the interview out when l have got a bit more time.

You create your own luck in this world Bob Lutz, Ford have got a brilliant management team and a dedicated workforce, GM hit the rocks because it was run buy a complete bunch of idiots that run up $50 billions of debt, GM's No1 biggest problem is staring you in the face Bob J Lutz every time you look in the mirror.

I hope GM & Chrysler do come back as strong as Ford have in the future, but you ain't gonna do it by making very dull G8 appliances & hope to get away with it, as masters of very dull boring appliance makers Kia & Hyundai fridges come with a 7 year guarantee & maybe new Chinese upstarts in the future will be next that all operate from a low cost operating bases that pays it workers peanuts as a salary. Come GM put some of that ole classic American styling back into cars that rocked the world in the past, please show some passion in car design again end end the dull boring soulless Kia appliance look, as they are gonna beat you everytime on costs. You cant just go on delivering Kia junk very boring bland type styling and hope to survive on a wing and a prayer at high costs your never get away with it, only big patriotic American corporations will buy your bland junk the workers that work for them are getting raped with pay cuts they will be looking at low rent shit like Kia. ..

The G8 sold poorly because it's was a Pontiac with no marketing, not because of "no NA market"

BTW i hear the Chevy might be called Monte Carlo (really) due to name recognition.

LOL a dull boring G8 is more the neighboring French "poodles shit of Nice sort of a car" than Monte Carlo l would have thought, l had a holiday in Monaco a couple of years ago l did not see any of its Korean made Chevy junk shit there.

It's was more Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche & French shit sort of a place, an awesome 60's Corvette Stingray is definitely a classy car that would not look out of place in Monte Carlo though, oooh a car to die for it oooooozes class.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

Yeah, because the 300 & Charger are just burnin' up the sales charts with their one-off chassis.

kind of like with ford and the d4 platform, if the charger/300 make money for Chrysler then it is a good decision. and honestly i don't think rwd is that bad for most sections of the country, especially when you figure there is awd available on lx twins.

kind of like with ford and the d4 platform, if the charger/300 make money for Chrysler then it is a good decision. and honestly i don't think rwd is that bad for most sections of the country, especially when you figure there is awd available on lx twins.

Except D4 has transmission, AWD box, and engines shared with many other cars. The LXes? Not so much. Not to mention the D4s aggregate carry a higher transaction price.

Ah Fgts, the latest "Nostradamus" of BON. :banghead:

HEED HIS WARNINGS!!! :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Fgts, you really are a Spaceball ! :blah: :blah: :blah:

Ahh yes My93Ho glad to see the retarded sheriff on the scene patroling BON with incoherent bullshit due to bangin his head on the wall.

RJ The LX's still outpace the D3's even with a bankrupcy and the new LX/LY share motors and tranny is shared with the Ram and Cherokee/Durango plus the new 3.6 engine.

Ahh yes My93Ho glad to see the retarded sheriff on the scene patroling BON with incoherent bullshit due to bangin his head on the wall.

RJ The LX's still outpace the D3's even with a bankrupcy and the new LX/LY share motors and tranny is shared with the Ram and Cherokee/Durango plus the new 3.6 engine.

That's the best ya got?

Not that I'm surprised, trolls rarely have anything substantial to bring to the table.

Mont Carlo :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Rumors are that the cars will start production in Adelaide around March next year, all of the development work for Pontiac G8 is already there, sounds like Holden have evolved the existing LHD versions to exported South America to series II levels with new touch screen center console.

Sounds like Holden intends starting off with a small order (possibly 10,000) on the current Commodore and if successful will do a roll over to VF Commodore body shape in 2012 calendar year...

Quite entertaining as Ford Australia still can't make a business case for a LHD V8 Falcon to the USA.

Instead, they will pursue RHD markets in Asia Pacific region using Ecoboost Falcon and Diesel Territory.

Now that is a much smarter plan.......

Edited by jpd80

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f67/holden-american-dream-commodore-set-us-return-97715/

"The Commodore looks set to regain its drawl, with US exports of the iconic Australian large car imminent, writes Bruce Newton.

The Holden Commodore appears odds-on to return to the US with a Chevrolet badge and it should happen within the lifespan of the current model.

Another GM source, who did not wish to be named, went further and said the export deal had been approved. "But you didn't hear me say that," the source said."

I like to see what a properly marketed "G8" would do against the Charger R/T and Taurus SHO.

How will it do against the Taurus SHO? Get it's ass kicked would be my guess!

How will it do against the Taurus SHO? Get it's ass kicked would be my guess!

SS Commodore and Falcon XR6 turbo are down around 13.2 quarter mile times.

Both of the RWDs would flog the SHO in the dry, not sure on indifferent surfaces...

FoA have an SHO and have been reviewing it against the XR6T, the word is that while the

SHO is a great effort, you just can't go past the Falcon turbo for sheer grunt and handling...

SS Commodore and Falcon XR6 turbo are down around 13.2 quarter mile times.

Both of the RWDs would flog the SHO in the dry, not sure on indifferent surfaces...

FoA have an SHO and have been reviewing it against the XR6T, the word is that while the

SHO is a great effort, you just can't go past the Falcon turbo for sheer grunt and handling...

Agreed. I had to correct an acquaintance yesterday who was saying to some people how his brother's SHO would "kick the shit out of any of those Ford Australian cars, and that's why Ford won't bring them over." I was quick to show proof as well. (Gotta love smartphones!)

He didn't look like such the "guy who knows cars" afterwards.