2012 Boss 302 prices

Well Fargo finance used cars. If a dealer can't turn a profit on the underlying sale of a typical used car (of course there are exceptions), he shouldn't be in business.

like 60 day units which have incurred several book changes which mandate additional downpayment in order to get finannced....whats basically happened Richard is that banks have capped reserve to a max of 2 pts, which turns the onus on other areas to create overall profit...ie Front end gross ( selling price in relation to cost, which is constantly decreasing on a daily basis due to flooring and said book changes....as most customers are well aware of "book " ) and add ons...warranties alarms etc....its a double edged sword unfortunately....one reason i dont particularly care for selling used....its a constantly moving target

The best used car dealers know how to turn 'em quick, that's for sure. Average dealer here will turn half their used inventory every month. The good ones move 100%.

its really interesting watching what moves or is the "hot ticket".....back to the Boss, we placed our order...Grabber Orange with black Stripes..........thank god they went in a different direction than the defeat Black.....

The best used car dealers know how to turn 'em quick, that's for sure. Average dealer here will turn half their used inventory every month. The good ones move 100%.

incidently the Used car dept is also the biggest source of internal corruption, its the easiest to "skim"...and its the FIRST place a new GM looks at because of that particular reason.....

incidently the Used car dept is also the biggest source of internal corruption, its the easiest to "skim"...and its the FIRST place a new GM looks at because of that particular reason.....

I can't think of a *legal* business in which it is easier to skim, cheat, embezzle, steal, and so forth. It's also an absolutely fantastic way to launder money (mob loans you the money to buy cars, and then tells you what cars to buy wholesale--I swear there was a guy here in SF that was doing that).

Furthermore, I'd love to know how much fraud goes unreported in order to keep the dealer from looking bad.

--

Pretty easy to skim in service too.

Ford cant stop a dealer from addendums. As for us, I dont know, we cant even order them yet, but, we are one of the few around here that dont have markups on GT500's or Raptors...remains to be seen on the Boss, however, it would be STUPID to price it above the GT500's IMO. Allocation, we probably get one or two and at the most I would guess 5k....now, if we win the lottery for a Laguna Seca who knows....I will say this though, even at 5k we would be lower than most surrounding dealers....

5k over is more than fair. Around here, you can't find any special edition for less than 10k over. The only exception to this is regarding internet sales (which are frowned upon internally) where you might snag an SHO for 3k over. Even so, you have to fight tooth and nail for hours to get a deal like that, and it had better be a really bad sales day.

That said, I really feel for salesmen on this one. Dealer management makes it almost impossible for sales staff to make decent money in any honest way these days. Don't kid yourself. They deserve every penny.

5k over is more than fair. Around here, you can't find any special edition for less than 10k over. The only exception to this is regarding internet sales (which are frowned upon internally) where you might snag an SHO for 3k over. Even so, you have to fight tooth and nail for hours to get a deal like that, and it had better be a really bad sales day.

That said, I really feel for salesmen on this one. Dealer management makes it almost impossible for sales staff to make decent money in any honest way these days. Don't kid yourself. They deserve every penny.

interesting profession for sure....something i wish everyone experienced....sure puts the whole sales processin a different light....

So that's why all the drug cartel affiliates in San Diego run used car dealerships....

Hey, it's almost as easy as laundering money through a hotel.... Or vending machines.

Professor in college said that a guy he went to grad school with had job that came with a car. The car had incredibly heavy springs in it, and his job was to drive around to certain candy machines in Chicago and buy candy out of them with a huge pile of coins. Once he'd finished buying all the candy, he had to go around and restock the candy machines with the candy and empty the coin boxes.

Hey, it's almost as easy as laundering money through a hotel.... Or vending machines.

Professor in college said that a guy he went to grad school with had job that came with a car. The car had incredibly heavy springs in it, and his job was to drive around to certain candy machines in Chicago and buy candy out of them with a huge pile of coins. Once he'd finished buying all the candy, he had to go around and restock the candy machines with the candy and empty the coin boxes.

That doesn't seem worth the trouble. Do the candy machines have some sort of tamper-proof sales counters? Why not just say the change was collected from the machines?

Further proof that any time emotion is factored into a business decision, then the decision is likely to be a bad one. Paying $5K more for anything than it is worth is simply a bad move. Why on earth would anyone pay more for something than their insurance company would indemnify it for? Does the dealer actually add $5K worth of value to this product or just gouge?

Further proof that any time emotion is factored into a business decision, then the decision is likely to be a bad one. Paying $5K more for anything than it is worth is simply a bad move. Why on earth would anyone pay more for something than their insurance company would indemnify it for? Does the dealer actually add $5K worth of value to this product or just gouge?

sorry Kev, but it seems you just dont get it...if you have something...ANYTHING...which is rare and desired, you can ask anything you want...check out Faberge eggs and then ask yourself why a dozen at the store are somewhat cheaper......

sorry Kev, but it seems you just dont get it...if you have something...ANYTHING...which is rare and desired, you can ask anything you want...check out Faberge eggs and then ask yourself why a dozen at the store are somewhat cheaper......

You are correct - I am far to pragmatic. I would take the dozen - the brown high omega 3 one's of course....

That doesn't seem worth the trouble. Do the candy machines have some sort of tamper-proof sales counters? Why not just say the change was collected from the machines?

Not being in the mob, or the vending industry, I wouldn't know. I would guess there are counters in the machines (for auditing purposes, if nothing else), and that it's cheaper to pay some guy a few bucks a day (this was the early 60s) then to routinely doctor the counters of a few hundred candy machines.