X-Plan and Fiesta

My girlfriend's car was totalled last week and we're searching for a replacement. She has narrowed her choices down to used mazda3, new fiesta, new mazda2 used fusion, maybe an rx-8, and wants to look at some others and test drive them before making a decision, but if she does decide to go with either a new fiesta or mazda2 what goes on with x-plan? How do I get a PIN, how does it work, can we still negotiate price after, etc. I've seen some talk about it around the forums with guys buyin new cars, but never really caught the full gist of it.

How close is x-plan to invoice? I'm going to guess they aren't going to want to move much on price anyway if we try to talk them down since the fiesta is so new and a hot seller right now. Think our best option is x-plan if we decide to go with a new fiesta?

thanks for the info, btw

How close is x-plan to invoice? I'm going to guess they aren't going to want to move much on price anyway if we try to talk them down since the fiesta is so new and a hot seller right now. Think our best option is x-plan if we decide to go with a new fiesta?

thanks for the info, btw

probably is the best option if she wants one with features. sometimes the stripper ad cars will undercut x/d/a prices. but really who wants those? :shades:

Blazerdude, do you know who I should ask to get an xplan pin? and is it a big deal to generate or if I don't use it? I don't want to trouble someone if we end up not getting a new car if it's a lot of work for them.

i would pick the car and make sure you want it since the pin will go to waste if you dont use it. i would ask nick who he got his from since he just used one.

i would pick the car and make sure you want it since the pin will go to waste if you dont use it. i would ask nick who he got his from since he just used one.

Pins don't "go to waste" - the employee can cancel them and reissue a new one. It is a little bit of trouble for the employee though.

X plan is around $150 over invoice and they can't charge more than a $75 doc fee. You're protected from dealer add-ons and tricks. You can't negotiate - everything is fixed.

Depending on what demand is for Fiesta in the area and the dealer, they may not honor X-plan. It's up to each dealer if they want to do a X-plan deal or not. X-plan says it's only valid for vehicles on the lot, but I was able to custom order my 03 Mustang and the dealership still honored the X-plan price. If you get a company code, you can browse the inventory and see the X-plan price before you go in. I bought my Five Hundred X-plan too. It's nice knowing the price when you go in. The downside of X-plan is dealers will give a less than favorable trade-in price to recover some of the reduced X-plan profit. With the trade-in totaled, that shouldn't be a concern. Due to a change in employer, I no longer have ready access to X-plan anymore. :cry:

X-plan says it's only valid for vehicles on the lot, but I was able to custom order my 03 Mustang and the dealership still honored the X-plan price.

That doesn't mean you can't order a vehicle on X plan. That's standard operating procedure in fact. It just means that you must have the X plan pin when you take delivery of the vehicle, not just when you order it. Rebates work the same way (in the U.S.) - you can only get rebates on vehicles from dealer stock. So you order the vehicle and when it arrives, you take delivery of the ordered vehicle from dealer stock. It just means you get the rebates in effect when you take delivery and not when you order (again Canada is different).

• 2 weeks later...

The Mazda3 was my second choice had I not bought my Fusion. In the end, I went with the Fusion for one reason....it had the blue oval on it and the Mazda did not....yeah, I know that the Mazda3 is a Ford C1 global chassis and all that, but for my first new car......damnit, it was going to have that oval on her.....I have not regretted my choice.

Yeah, someone ran a stop sign and hit her. The little beetle held up pretty well, she also got the side airbags and all on the 3 so it's decently safe. We're both in college so price and fuel economy were big issues. She likes the new Taurus, but it's way too big for what she needs and wouldn't be able to afford it anyway.