Ohio Governor-Elect John Kasich

Armstrong

http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/15450

Look out Ohio........ The republicans are coming for your wages and right to strike.

Who in Ohio elected this guy?

I hope not 1 Union Member voted for this guy.

Break Collective Bargaining agreements?

Use Non-Union Labor on Government funded projects?

Not recognize prevailing wages?

Get rid of binding arbitration?

Fire any Union Member that strikes?

I dont know about you guys but this Republican Governor is out to bust unions and workers rights.

This republican governor is coming for your wages and benefits.

He states you must be competitive

Translation, pay less wages and benefits to help profit margins for Wall Street.

I would start a campaign to oust this guy now. Mark my words after 4 years of this guy it will look like 12 years of bush and his policies.

Wow…………… What a monster.

Edited by Armstrong

Look out Ohio........ The republicans are coming for your wages and right to strike.

I don’t know about you guys but this Republican Governor is out to bust unions and workers rights.

He states you must be “competitive”

Translation, pay less wages and benefits to help profit margins for Wall Street.

I would start a campaign to oust this guy now. Mark my words after 4 years of this guy it will look like 12 years of bush and his policies.

Wow…………… What a monster.

We got to worry more about the IUAW taking away our right to strike..

• Like 1

I don’t know about you guys but this Republican Governor is out to bust unions and workers rights.

Wow…………… What a monster.

We know Ohio has a budget crisis, how about we cut from the top this time instead of laying ff city workers, and asking them to concede, or dismantling their unions, and forcing them to concede. I'm tired of their academic welfare. " I went to college so I deserve my compensation, you didn't so you aren't worth what we are paying you"! I was just discussing this on FaceBook with a friend that is an ICE agent. She was so happy that the tax increases failed so she wouldn't have to pay more. I told her we are deficit spending and there are only 2 ways to stop it. Either force the tax increase, or start cutting costs. The affluent got their tax break, now there are gonna be lay offs in every dept. For her to pay more taxes once she is married, would also provide her with job security. However now since she won't be paying the higher tax rate, she might be looking for a new job as a result. Personally I'd rather have a job and whine about the additional taxes.

• Like 1

We got to worry more about the IUAW taking away our right to strike..

As we can all recall was a provision pushed by the Republicans, shelby and corker.

The UAW fought this provision. In the end labor unfriendly republicans hurt the middleclass wages once again

Why does everyone all of a sudden have amnesia on the republicans and what they did to GM and Chrysler?

If the republicans sat back like they did with the banks the right to strike would not have been taken away by the republicans.

• Like 1

We know Ohio has a budget crisis, how about we cut from the top this time instead of laying ff city workers, and asking them to concede, or dismantling their unions, and forcing them to concede. I'm tired of their academic welfare. " I went to college so I deserve my compensation, you didn't so you aren't worth what we are paying you"! I was just discussing this on FaceBook with a friend that is an ICE agent. She was so happy that the tax increases failed so she wouldn't have to pay more. I told her we are deficit spending and there are only 2 ways to stop it. Either force the tax increase, or start cutting costs. The affluent got their tax break, now there are gonna be lay offs in every dept. For her to pay more taxes once she is married, would also provide her with job security. However now since she won't be paying the higher tax rate, she might be looking for a new job as a result. Personally I'd rather have a job and whine about the additional taxes.

Hey Furious,

How did this guy get elected?

Did he use union busting as a platform or was it known after the fact?

This guy has to go

Not trying to defend anyone here....but as Furious said.....You need to increase taxes and/or reduce spending...at the state and federal level because we are broke....I don't think anyone with half a brain thinks we can get out of this mess any other way....The unionized employees that the gov. was talking about work for us....we don't have enough money coming in from taxes to pay our bills...so what would any person in charge do?.....I think he would try to reduce labor costs....what do you think....we can't get out of this mess without some pain....there is no easy way out...in my opinion

• Like 5

Not trying to defend anyone here....but as Furious said.....You need to increase taxes and/or reduce spending...at the state and federal level because we are broke....I don't think anyone with half a brain thinks we can get out of this mess any other way....The unionized employees that the gov. was talking about work for us....we don't have enough money coming in from taxes to pay our bills...so what would any person in charge do?.....I think he would try to reduce labor costs....what do you think....we can't get out of this mess without some pain....there is no easy way out...in my opinion

Careful. You'll be labeled a Heretic.

• Like 2

Wow…………… What a monster.

:hysterical: any new news

you know what pisses tax payers off

ok 45 % of americans pay no federal income tax and very little state taxes ? to many tax credits to many kid credits everyone needs to pay rich poor so called middle class

it needs to be fair the simple way is to get rid of all tax credits or a flat tax problem with that is to many tax lawers would be out of work

:hysterical: who runs washington corperate lawers and lobbyist :hysterical:

Careful. You'll be labeled a Heretic.

That's OK because LB understands MATH.

Only an idiot would want to fire a person for a job before they even start it. I sure as hell did not vote for Obama but had my fingers crossed he would do the right thing.

Once people witnessed him in action that's why his numbers sunk lower than whale shit and a lot of democrats in the house became unemployed.

Strikes- I had a friend that was an air traffic controller with PATCO when they went on strike. They broke an agreement not to strike and Regan fired all of them. My friend followed his union and he never worked as an ATC again. He switched careers and still had a happy life and good money. Strikes for anything other than legit health & safety is bordering on insane in today's climate.

If you want to strike go right ahead.

Edited by cal50
  • Like 3

Hey Furious,

How did this guy get elected?

Did he use union busting as a platform or was it known after the fact?

:headscratch:

Armstrong, as natural as union boosting might seem to you, less than 10% of the working population is represented by a union.

While you are incredibly supportive of the Democrat party, most of the general public just sees the union as tampering with politics in the same way they resent large corporations tampering with politics. They see the union as just another special interest looking for a hand out. This makes rejecting the unions popular with non union voters.

• Like 2

Armstrong, as natural as union boosting might seem to you, less than 10% of the working population is represented by a union.

While you are incredibly supportive of the Democrat party, most of the general public just sees the union as tampering with politics in the same way they resent large corporations tampering with politics. They see the union as just another special interest looking for a hand out. This makes rejecting the unions popular with non union voters.

Uh no, that's not why less them 10% of the country is unionized, in the 70's more then a quarter of the country was represented by a union. Right to work laws, and corporations like Wal-mart is the reason union membership has fallen. I have worked at many different places in my life, throughout several industries, and even in skilled positions. The best paying jobs I have ever performed, the jobs with the best working conditions where all union. If the people in this country were smart, they would never working for a temp services, just quit tomorrow, cause the employers that use temp services to circumvent labor laws would either have to higher directly, or face not meeting their obligations.

Look around, who drives new cars, and live in nice areas, mainly government workers, cause they They have a civil service commission, and are union represented!

Edited by Furious1Auto

As we can all recall was a provision pushed by the Republicans, shelby and corker.

The UAW fought this provision. In the end labor unfriendly republicans hurt the middleclass wages once again

Why does everyone all of a sudden have amnesia on the republicans and what they did to GM and Chrysler?

If the republicans sat back like they did with the banks the right to strike would not have been taken away by the republicans.

What did provisions set forth by congress during GM and Chrysler bankruptcies have to do with the Ford UAW October concessions agreement?

I know we have already been through this on these boards.

• Like 1

What did provisions set forth by congress during GM and Chrysler bankruptcies have to do with the Ford UAW October concessions agreement?

I know we have already been through this on these boards.

1) No Strike on wage and benefit increases. No concession here. The IUAW would never strike over wages and benefits. The company then has the right to lock us out and bring in scabs. If we had to strike it would be over jobs, investments, health and safety etc.. Never would the IUAW strike us over wages.

2) No increases for entry level until 2015. I dont see any entry level hiring in our plants until 2015. No concession here.

3) Skilled trades work teams. As far as I know about trades they are working in this capacity already. I do know without new investments in our plants that ILO tardes will never come back. With new products and shifts being added our trades have a chance at returning to work.

These were the "concessions of October"

Not really much but on the UAW side the product investments were huge and would have resulted in higher employment levels and job security.

Let me ask you this........ Are you ready to strike if we dont get more investments in our plants?

I am.......... I dont think the membership is ready to walk with me to secure more work.

Are you ready to strike if we dont get wage or benefit increases?

No the IUAW would never put us in this situation, we can be locked out a scabs brought in, look at Caterpillar

Edited by Armstrong

1) No Strike on wage and benefit increases. No concession here. The IUAW would never strike over wages and benefits. The company then has the right to lock us out and bring in scabs. If we had to strike it would be over jobs, investments, health and safety etc.. Never would the IUAW strike us over wages.

Sure disadvantage our retirees even more, The October language was the same as GM and Chrysler's. Regardless if the IUAW would strike over these issues publicly or not.

2) No increases for entry level until 2015. I dont see any entry level hiring in our plants until 2015. No concession here.

No instead we have allowed long term temps into TCAP, Chicago, DTP and *coming soon to Wayne*. So far we are hiring entry level workers without them even being given entry level status (as bad as that is)

3) Skilled trades work teams. As far as I know about trades they are working in this capacity already. I do know without new investments in our plants that ILO tardes will never come back. With new products and shifts being added our trades have a chance at returning to work.

These were the "concessions of October"

I am not to knowledgeable on trades so I will not say much except to the fact we still have trades working the lines.

Not really much but on the UAW side the product investments were huge and would have resulted in higher employment levels and job security.

Extend Mustang production a product life cycle (good gain) and further invest into the two plants where the 20% entry level cap does not matter, not a major gain there. Besides those all the other investments have happened regardless of us voting the Octomods down simply because the market conditions so warranted.

Let me ask you this........ Are you ready to strike if we dont get more investments in our plants?

I am.......... I dont think the membership is ready to walk with me to secure more work.

I view it like having a kid, is one really completely ready ?

No but I will stand with my fellow workers if need be ready or not.

Are you ready to strike if we dont get wage or benefit increases?

No the IUAW would never put us in this situation, we can be locked out a scabs brought in, look at Caterpillar

Have you heard of anyone having a one man strike yet ?

I have not gone on strike yet and have not seen a pay raise since 2004, I have seen my bonus in lieu of pay increases blown in the wind and have not gone on strike so why do people keep thinking that some of us are talking about strikeing over wages ?

Sure disadvantage our retirees even more, The October language was the same as GM and Chrysler's. Regardless if the IUAW would strike over these issues publicly or not. If not for the VEBA and the IUAW gaining the VEBA 175,000 GM and Chrysler retitrees and surviving spouses would have lost their retirement benefits through the bankrupcy because of the VEBA it was saved. It was well documented thru the bankrupcies. Like it or not it is the truth of the matter. IUAW saved many retirees post retirement benefits. The VEBA was necessary evil and it saved 175,000 lives.

No instead we have allowed long term temps into TCAP, Chicago, DTP and *coming soon to Wayne*. So far we are hiring entry level workers without them even being given entry level status (as bad as that is). TCAP is closing. DTP is for a launch bubble and CAP would be happy to force all of the UAW_Ford members to CAP including ACH locations if the IUAW didnt bargain to stop the forcing to CAP. Anyone who wanted to go to CAP did.

I am not to knowledgeable on trades so I will not say much except to the fact we still have trades working the lines.

Extend Mustang production a product life cycle (good gain) and further invest into the two plants where the 20% entry level cap does not matter, not a major gain there. Besides those all the other investments have happened regardless of us voting the Octomods down simply because the market conditions so warranted. It claimed incremental product to AAI. Havent seen that happen yet. AAI is still in joepardy

I view it like having a kid, is one really completely ready ?

No but I will stand with my fellow workers if need be ready or not.

Have you heard of anyone having a one man strike yet ? I have not gone on strike yet and have not seen a pay raise since 2004, I have seen my bonus in lieu of pay increases blown in the wind and have not gone on strike so why do people keep thinking that some of us are talking about strikeing over wages ?

Look we gained products in our plants. All of these sacrifices happened to keep us protected. Sorry just the way it is and Im thankful.

We can complain on here all we want how the UAW screwed everyone but the fact is they protected everything they could........... What would you have done to bargain product in our plants. Protect retirees and surviving spouses. Keep our rates of pay and benefits.

Glad to have the UAW.

Just speaking the truth Brother whether you agree or not.

[/color]

We can complain on here all we want how the UAW screwed everyone but the fact is they protected everything they could........... What would you have done to bargain product in our plants. Protect retirees and surviving spouses. Keep our rates of pay and benefits.

Glad to have the UAW.

Just speaking the truth Brother whether you agree or not.

I can agree with some of what you say Arm, however please look deeper into what "all in wages and benefits" means please. It means had we agreed to the Octomods and tried to increase retirees pensions or benefits even a little to keep up with inflation we would have been subjected to arbitration. I am not expecting a raise this coming year nor am I asking for one, however those on fixed incomes who already sacrificed in decades past stood to lose the most last year.

Thankfully it failed

Do not mistake my hesitations with total disregard for the UAW, I am thankful for our union. However just like I am proud to be an American, I will question some of our politicians choices.

There are long term temps throughout the Ford system I gave only a few examples, currently we are using entry level employees without giving them the fraction of the benefits we all enjoy. DTP alone has over 200 temps working, you may call the plant a launch bubble but the fact is it produces 3/4 of Ford Motor Companies highest profit highest selling vehicle. Take those 200 temps away and the plant does not run, or runs on major OT.

TC closing ya sure prolly will, CAP in about the same boat as DTP.

AAI in trouble ya sure is at the moment, do you honestly believe that extending another life cycle for Mustang production there would save it ?

I agree they did what needed to be done March 2009 for not only Ford workers but all automotive UAW workers, However the October 2009 tentative agreement should have never made it past Sub Counsel period.

Because it was brought to the membership the IUAW has allot of damage control to be done before they completely win back trust, that's all I am saying and by reading on here and other sites I am assured my opinion is not alone.

• Like 1

I can agree with some of what you say Arm, however please look deeper into what "all in wages and benefits" means please. It means had we agreed to the Octomods and tried to increase retirees pensions or benefits even a little to keep up with inflation we would have been subjected to arbitration. I am not expecting a raise this coming year nor am I asking for one, however those on fixed incomes who already sacrificed in decades past stood to lose the most last year. If you remember the $600 bonus the retirees started getting every December. This was negotiated to keep up inflation, office visits and copays. The IUAW can not strike over retirees benefits or bonuses (never could)but I know they will still bargain to raise their $600 bonus in 2011 to capture the shortfalls from the VEBA.

Do not mistake my hesitations with total disregard for the UAW, I am thankful for our union. However just like I am proud to be an American, I will question some of our politicians choices.

There are long term temps throughout the Ford system I gave only a few examples, currently we are using entry level employees without giving them the fraction of the benefits we all enjoy. I know there are long term supplementals which will go to entry level with 1 year continuous employment (or close to that).DTP alone has over 200 temps working, you may call the plant a launch bubble but the fact is it produces 3/4 of Ford Motor Companies highest profit highest selling vehicle. Take those 200 temps away and the plant does not run, or runs on major OT. As far as I see it there is no contractual violation here.

TC closing ya sure prolly will, CAP in about the same boat as DTP.

AAI in trouble ya sure is at the moment, do you honestly believe that extending another life cycle for Mustang production there would save it ? Octomads commited to incremental volume. To me that is additional product other than the Mustang.

I agree they did what needed to be done March 2009 for not only Ford workers but all automotive UAW workers, However the October 2009 tentative agreement should have never made it past Sub Counsel period. Ok its done, over, kaput...... We voted it down, lost some investment and retained our right to strike over wages and benefit increases. Done. We move on to 2011 and demand large amounts of more product. Our wages are competitive and we need to hold our leadership responible for putting investments in our plants as part of the new agreement.

Because it was brought to the membership the IUAW has allot of damage control to be done before they completely win back trust, that's all I am saying and by reading on here and other sites I am assured my opinion is not alone. I will always have a level of mistrust to any organization. The company, police departments, republicans, and yes even our Union. I am proud to be UAW and glad the decisions made in the recent past has set up a bright future for us all.

Octomods123029.jpg

Seems to me we got work sourced because it made business sense, not because we where willing to give up the right to strike (image from the October modifications to the 2007 CBA).

Like Ive said this subject has been beaten to death on these boards

Octomods123030.jpg

Still not seeing anything that is not already in the works if not already completed, again while maintaining our right to strike. Regardless if the UAW would over wages and benefits, and still not distancing further our future workforce except the fact we continue to keep temps and are still not hiring these people.

Edited by lquidspine

Octomods123029.jpg

Seems to me we got work sourced because it made business sense, not because we where willing to give up the right to strike (image from the October modifications to the 2007 CBA).

Like Ive said this subject has been beaten to death on these boards

Yes I agree. The concessionary 2007 agreement and the March mods set us up for huge investments in our plants.

The business case was made in those 2 agreements and sealed the investment.

The Octomods were not needed and was only done to keep GM Chrysler and Ford within a certain amount or on par with labor rates.

Yep...... Been beat to death and now its time to reap the rewards of our concessions in 2011. We need more work in our plants. The ACH plants and people without permanent jobs need work in a Ford location. The way I see it we need at least 3,000 jobs/investments in our plants to bring all of these members back into the Ford system. We need full 3 shifts in all plants and need work for skilled also.

Our investments are on time lines so it is important to keep us competitive and keep negotiating product in our plants.

Yes I agree. The concessionary 2007 agreement and the March mods set us up for huge investments in our plants.

The business case was made in those 2 agreements and sealed the investment.

The Octomods were not needed and was only done to keep GM Chrysler and Ford within a certain amount or on par with labor rates.

Yep...... Been beat to death and now its time to reap the rewards of our concessions in 2011. We need more work in our plants. The ACH plants and people without permanent jobs need work in a Ford location. The way I see it we need at least 3,000 jobs/investments in our plants to bring all of these members back into the Ford system. We need full 3 shifts in all plants and need work for skilled also.

Our investments are on time lines so it is important to keep us competitive and keep negotiating product in our plants.

Feel free to compare the above pics taken from the Octomods with the one below taken from the original 2007 CBA, granted this is not all the product allocations but the meat is there.

2007productallocations031.jpg