Owner's Guide

timinac

Good stuff thanks, trying to figure out what smart regen charging is for with a non hybrid - what is Fo.Mc.Co. working on rolleyes.gif

Hey rfruth,

From the "owners guide"...

A regenerative electrical charging system that optimally charges the battery instead of having the alternator charging the battery anytime the engine is running

How It Works

• Smart Regen Charging increases alternator output when the vehicle is braking or decelerating, converting the moving (kinetic) energy into electric energy

– Since there is no additional engine accessory belt load to energize the battery, less fuel is used by the engine

– The captured energy is used to charge the battery and maintain optimum operating levels of the electrical system

• The Smart Regen Charging system increases alternator output when the Powertrain Control Module indicates the engine efficiency is high

Edited by transitman

• 2 weeks later...

I gotta say I'm very impressed with this car after looking over that PDF that Tiberius posted. There are some seriously cool features on this thing given it's price range and the interior is awesome. I think I just found my next car. This thing is leagues ahead of the civic.

If only they would build a doggon coupe! :rant:

Edited by BlackHorse

I gotta say I'm very impressed with this car after looking over that PDF that Tiberius posted. There are some seriously cool features on this thing given it's price range and the interior is awesome. I think I just found my next car. This thing is leagues ahead of the civic.

If only they would build a doggon coupe! :rant:

Absolutely..still wonder if there is actually a coupe concept out there..heard from a number of sources that there was...smokescreen?? Maybe.

Anyway, here is the complete Focus sourcebook...

2012FocusSB.pdf

Well, it is 406 pages because the manual now contains the basic SYNC system instructions which were previously in a supplement to the OG.

But there's also the MyFord Touch guide, which is 102 pages. So, add that to the mix and there's a LOT of information. So, a Titanium owner could be looking at some lovely bedtime reading if s/he wants to be fully versed in the car (and all the EULA that seem to have crept into the print) :drop:

Edited by GapBoyPCS

But there's also the MyFord Touch guide, which is 102 pages. So, add that to the mix and there's a LOT of information. So, a Titanium owner could be looking at some lovely bedtime reading if s/he wants to be fully versed in the car (and all the EULA that seem to have crept into the print) :drop:

Yeah, I forgot about the supplement...gonna be some real heavy reading! Getting ready to order an SEL sedan w/303a kit, winter pack and 17" polished wheels...I cannot wait for this car!

Yeah, I forgot about the supplement...gonna be some real heavy reading! Getting ready to order an SEL sedan w/303a kit, winter pack and 17" polished wheels...I cannot wait for this car!

I was going to order the polished wheels when I placed my Titanium order a couple weeks ago, but they were listed as late availability. Do you know if that has changed?

I was going to order the polished wheels when I placed my Titanium order a couple weeks ago, but they were listed as late availability. Do you know if that has changed?

The Build and Price site doesn't mention late availability. I'm going to preorder a candy red Titanium hatch in February and am debating between the polished wheels and the ones that look very similar but with painted pockets. I think the darker wheels on the red would look pretty sweet but the polished looks great as well. I've been told that the painted ones would be much easier to keep clean than polished aluminum. Or perhaps the polished aluminum ones are clearcoated which would make them much easier to clean?

Two questions:

1. What do you guys think of the looks of the darker wheels? I'd love to see these in person or even in a photo but can't find one?

2. Do you believe the polished wheels require more maintenance?

Thanks!

The Build and Price site doesn't mention late availability. I'm going to preorder a candy red Titanium hatch in February and am debating between the polished wheels and the ones that look very similar but with painted pockets. I think the darker wheels on the red would look pretty sweet but the polished looks great as well. I've been told that the painted ones would be much easier to keep clean than polished aluminum. Or perhaps the polished aluminum ones are clearcoated which would make them much easier to clean?

Two questions:

1. What do you guys think of the looks of the darker wheels? I'd love to see these in person or even in a photo but can't find one?

Thanks!

You are correct mchrisbrown - all of Ford's OE "polished" wheels for 2011 & 2012 MY have a clearcoat finish. So maintenance should be pretty much the same as the painted wheels.

Two questions:

Thanks!

I think the painted would look good. I was leaning toward them when I was considering Kona Blue, but changed my mind when I decided on Ingot Silver.