Is your plant on straight 8 hours?

trixie

We are looking for any plants out there that is on straight

8 hours. We need to know how many breaks do you get and do you get a paid lunch.

Please any info will help.

Thanks

why is your plant fucked up? straight 8 with less then 3 shifts is 8.5hrs that is 2 - 20 minute breaks and a 1 - half hour lunch.

why is your plant fucked up? straight 8 with less then 3 shifts is 8.5hrs that is 2 - 20 minute breaks and a 1 - half hour lunch.

Ok Im sorry I guess I should have been a little more clear. Ok We are going to 3 shifts all shifts will be 8 hours. They are telling us that we will be getting a 15 min break in the morning and a 25 min break at 11 which they are calling lunch then no afternoon break. Both breaks are going to be a paid break.I was just wondering what other plant on the same schedule were doing or getting. Thanks

At KTP we get 30 and 30 and a 10 min on 8hrs

Ok Im sorry I guess I should have been a little more clear. Ok We are going to 3 shifts all shifts will be 8 hours. They are telling us that we will be getting a 15 min break in the morning and a 25 min break at 11 which they are calling lunch then no afternoon break. Both breaks are going to be a paid break.I was just wondering what other plant on the same schedule were doing or getting. Thanks

How many shifts are they running at KTP. Are those breaks all paid breaks?

How many shifts are they running at KTP. Are those breaks all paid breaks?

What plant are you at Trixie?

Wow, i thought you had to be offered an afternoon break... and a meal.

i checked with labor laws and in Kentucky legally they have to give you ten minutes per 4 hours and under the FLSA if the company does give you breaks they have to be paid.

But i am not sure about the contract.

Make sure that if they are modifying any preset work schedules in the contract that you ask for a vote.

This has been a source of tension at our plant. Trades is being moved to a AWS that is preset in the 2009 first concessions. Trades here is arguing that the local must vote on it, rather than using the concession ratification. And right now the company is not allowing any modifications to the preset agreement, which i think nullifies the vote point. I believe that if the company were to allow local modifications then they would have to take a vote which would be a no.

What makes your location any different than the 80% of us now on an AWS. Yes it sucked at first but really it isnt that bad once you on it.

My line at Saline ACH is a "straight eight." We get two 20 minute breaks( 8 hours times 5 minutes/hour =40 minutes) plus a 20 minute paid lunch break. I'm thinking this should be the standard deal. If not, I don't know why... :shrug:

This is how it was when i worked straight 8. Im hoping DTP goes to 5 days 8 hours at some point soon

:hysterical:

All manangement has to do is give the local 14 days notice to go to an AWS. There is no vote. We've been on it for over a year and a half, and it still sucks!

:hysterical: and thats not part of the concessions its always been there

my advise is forget labor laws no matter what you will not win

read the contract pay close attention to all the emergency shit placed in there and things like critical plants and pay real close attention to whats in the letters of understanding

alan and his staff know they can work you to death and get away with it problem is they do not like the wages they have to pay to get it done

thats why they want 14 dollar an hour workers work us to death 50% off and no benefits :happy feet:

alans wallstreet buddies get fatter :happy feet:

Wow, i thought you had to be offered an afternoon break... and a meal.

i checked with labor laws and in Kentucky legally they have to give you ten minutes per 4 hours and under the FLSA if the company does give you breaks they have to be paid.

But i am not sure about the contract.

Make sure that if they are modifying any preset work schedules in the contract that you ask for a vote.

This has been a source of tension at our plant. Trades is being moved to a AWS that is preset in the 2009 first concessions. Trades here is arguing that the local must vote on it, rather than using the concession ratification. And right now the company is not allowing any modifications to the preset agreement, which i think nullifies the vote point. I believe that if the company were to allow local modifications then they would have to take a vote which would be a no.

Why would anyone miss lead the Trades into thinking a vote would be required for going to a Skilled Trades specific AWS.

Most locations agreed to AWS schedules in the 2006 COAs

All locations agreed to AWS schedules in 2009 modifications

The contract says nothing about a vote

If it is a Trade specific “shelf agreement” identified in the Letters of Understanding the AWS can be implemented within 14 days.

Pretty clear language.

Guys i hear you all. I am just relaying what i understand to be the issue here at my plant.

I am not on AWS, nor will i be going to it, i am already on 7 day and have been for 14 years. If i am wrong about local modifications to standard agreements needing a local vote, but thats how i cam away from a trades meeting last Sunday.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

Thank You all for your input. This is not a skilled trades issue this is a production issue. No we not are getting to vote on this they are just doing it. I have searched the National agreement and at this time I have not been able to find any language in regards to this issue.

Thanks Again

Thank You all for your input. This is not a skilled trades issue this is a production issue. No we not are getting to vote on this they are just doing it. I have searched the National agreement and at this time I have not been able to find any language in regards to this issue.

Thanks Again

Trixie,

I do know the importance of running a plant on 3 shifts is significant to keeping operating cost down. When you factor in the utilities, taxes, maintenance and basic funding that is required to operating a plant. These are fixed costs that can only be controlled 2 ways. One way is consolidation of the product to another location (plant closing) and the other is loading up the plant to full utilization as a way to spread the cost out. So in essence if it cost Ford motor Company 12 million dollars a year to keep the plant utilities on, maintenance and taxes paid and the product produced is only running on 1 or 2 shifts, that cost is added to the product and really makes us uncompetitive. The best scenario is running 3 shifts with the 12 million dollars spread out as a way to lower that operating cost and keep our work in the USA.

The reason I mention this is because that brings us back to the AWS schedules. There were many factors in lowering our labor cost, VEBA, Entry Level, AWS as well as suspension of some joint programs. The 2009 modifications gave us the ability to gain products and with that came the 14 day notice of an AWS. Any AWS listed in the LOU can be implemented within a 14 day notice. Additionally, if the location chooses to modify or make up a new AWS it has to be close in cost and approved by the National Labor Relations as well as the National UAW.

So this new AWS your hearing about is part of the 2009 modifications and that is why you are not finding it in the 2007 CBA. Either scenario is applicable to any UAW-Ford facility and does not require a vote.

Hope this clears up your concerns

Grimshaw

Trixie,

I do know the importance of running a plant on 3 shifts is significant to keeping operating cost down. When you factor in the utilities, taxes, maintenance and basic funding that is required to operating a plant. These are fixed costs that can only be controlled 2 ways. One way is consolidation of the product to another location (plant closing) and the other is loading up the plant to full utilization as a way to spread the cost out. So in essence if it cost Ford motor Company 12 million dollars a year to keep the plant utilities on, maintenance and taxes paid and the product produced is only running on 1 or 2 shifts, that cost is added to the product and really makes us uncompetitive. The best scenario is running 3 shifts with the 12 million dollars spread out as a way to lower that operating cost and keep our work in the USA.

The reason I mention this is because that brings us back to the AWS schedules. There were many factors in lowering our labor cost, VEBA, Entry Level, AWS as well as suspension of some joint programs. The 2009 modifications gave us the ability to gain products and with that came the 14 day notice of an AWS. Any AWS listed in the LOU can be implemented within a 14 day notice. Additionally, if the location chooses to modify or make up a new AWS it has to be close in cost and approved by the National Labor Relations as well as the National UAW.

So this new AWS your hearing about is part of the 2009 modifications and that is why you are not finding it in the 2007 CBA. Either scenario is applicable to any UAW-Ford facility and does not require a vote.

Grimshaw

Grim what do you hear or think about DTP going 5 days 8 hours(AWS)? Im assuming your in Dearborn

Edited by messy marvin lang

Grim what do you hear or think about DTP going 5 days 8 hours(AWS)? Im assuming your in Dearborn

I am not one to make statements unless I have facts.

To answer your question to the best of my knowledge with no factual data to back it up (rumor) on DTP or any US assembly operation I am hearing (probably the same as you) that management wants to run a 5 day 3 shift (M-F) 8 hour schedule.

I understand this is how they do it in Europe. I don’t believe Europe has an 8 hour day. I think Europe works 7 or 7.5 per day so I could see how it would work there. I am sure there are some small operations in our plants now running an M-F 3 shift 5-8 now but to do it as a whole assembly plant would be challenging with parking and job/shift change.

So Trixies statement got my attention. It sounds like they are working on a custom AWS for LAP which sounds good to me if they want basically a 5 day M-F instead of the 3 crew. I hope it is true.

They been doing it that way @ ISA before we went down.

Trixie,

Grimshaw

I haven't read the language in a year or so but if I remember correctly both the company and the local have to agree on the AWS. Not sure the IUAW would allow a local not to agree on one if the company wanted it though. You are correct on the 14 day notification part though. On the other side of that the Local or the Company can cancel the AWS with 14 days notification as well.