$750 rebate available to everyone

What is considered an 'early order' to qualify for the $500 rebate? I ordered 1.15.11. Also my dealer doesnt want to discuss rebates until the car comes in. I received a VIN last week but no ETA's and I cannot pull up the VIN using the websites rec by the forums. Is this normal?

Hi everyone. :shades:

My wife and I made a trip to the Dealer today. I was hoping to confirm the following rebates/programs

$750 Brochure Rebate which I received in the mail

$1500 Loyalty Cash for Current Explorer owners

$1000 Promotional Retail Bonus cash 11866

I'm sorry to report that it wasn't a productive trip. The salesman wasn't too enthusiastic at all. We got the feeling that he did not even want to discuss any programs or rebates until we were ready to plunk down some $$$. Basically we have been leasing Explorers since 2001 and the current lease that is up next month is an Escape which we decided to downsize in order to save on the lease price as my son started college. Well we definitely know we would like to go back to an explorer. The Dealer only had 5-6 explorers in stock and the color choices were Black or White. That's it! The salesman stated that the only incentive that I was entitled to for a lease was the $1250 returning lease customer and when I told him about the $750 Brochure Rebate which I received in the mail he looked at me like I had three heads. Ugh. I have been asking for an X-Plan pin on this site and might be able to obtain one. I mentioned the $500 X-Plan Partner certificate # 33470 and the X-Plan Partner Recognition Plus Direct Offer #33462 and I again got the outer space look and He replied never heard of it. He told me that they were not going to receive any explorer until about 2 months and my best bet was to order one. I find it hard to believe that they were not going to receive any explorers in the next two months. I was chatting with another salesman prior to this guy and he told me they were expecting some in next week. We do I feel like I'm getting the run around? At this point I'm going to do a build on the Ford website and go from there. Wish me luck.

What is considered an 'early order' to qualify for the $500 rebate? I ordered 1.15.11. Also my dealer doesnt want to discuss rebates until the car comes in. I received a VIN last week but no ETA's and I cannot pull up the VIN using the websites rec by the forums. Is this normal?

I think the cutoff was around the 1st of the year. 1/15 is probably too late. You can't get rebates until the vehicle arrives so discussing them now doesn't matter so your dealer is correct in that regard (if you're in the U.S.).

Couple things to clarify -

Early orders - needed to be ordered by January 5th, 2011 and confirmed through program headquarters by the dealership. Those orders must be delivered June.

X-Plan - Just because you get an X-Plan does not make you an X - Plan partner. X plans are commonly given out to friends and family. X plan partners are employees who work for a qualifying company or vendor.

The rebates do change and change often. If there is an increase in brochure requests to try and game the system, I'd imagine Ford would consider pulling the offer. Not all requests get the rebate certificate as well.

Rebates change based on geography, If you live in LA, there is a good chance you'll see more agressive rebates than if you live in Cincinnatti.

This does not happen at Ford.

This is called "Final Pay Dealer Cash". Once this happens, there are no other incentives on this car. It is not a great deal of money. for the 2010 Fusion, the amount was $2000. It is not an "also get" - it is an "instead of". The point when final pay kicks in is usually when the previous MY falls below X% of on ground inventory - say 5%.

This has nothing to do with a quota of vehicles sold.

I'd love to see more stairstep programs where dealers do pick up additional dealer cash for hiting a number each month. In that scenario, the amount Ford charges the dealer for the vehicle does not change.

So if your a dealer who sells the most Fusions (just an example) in all of the USA for the 2011 MY you would pay the same invoice price on those Fusions as the dealer who sold the least amount of Fusions for 2011?

Couple things to clarify -

Early orders - needed to be ordered by January 5th, 2011 and confirmed through program headquarters by the dealership. Those orders must be delivered June.

X-Plan - Just because you get an X-Plan does not make you an X - Plan partner. X plans are commonly given out to friends and family. X plan partners are employees who work for a qualifying company or vendor.

The rebates do change and change often. If there is an increase in brochure requests to try and game the system, I'd imagine Ford would consider pulling the offer. Not all requests get the rebate certificate as well.

Rebates change based on geography, If you live in LA, there is a good chance you'll see more agressive rebates than if you live in Cincinnatti.

Just FYI - X plan is the same whether it's friends and family or Ford partner.

From what I have read on this board, Marginal Economist doesn't need any FYI from you.

Thanks Gary. Kirby is good people - makes a lot of accurate and good postings and uses a lot of common sense. I think Kirby just wanted to clarify that the X Plan price is the same for Partners and friends and family.

There are rebates that are marketed to the partners group that are not intended for friends and family. I'm not sure if VINCENT is set up to catch the difference. If people can take advantage - great. If they can not because they are not actually eligible, I don't want there to be hurt feelings.

Thanks Gary. Kirby is good people - makes a lot of accurate and good postings and uses a lot of common sense. I think Kirby just wanted to clarify that the X Plan price is the same for Partners and friends and family.

There are rebates that are marketed to the partners group that are not intended for friends and family. I'm not sure if VINCENT is set up to catch the difference. If people can take advantage - great. If they can not because they are not actually eligible, I don't want there to be hurt feelings.

My understanding is that X plan is X plan and any X plan rebates would be available to both types of X plan customers. This is typically done when there is dealer cash involved - Ford makes sure the customer gets that cash, not the dealer.

If you have specific examples where a rebate was only available to Ford partners and not friends and family X plan customers then I'll take your word for it.

My understanding is that X plan is X plan and any X plan rebates would be available to both types of X plan customers. This is typically done when there is dealer cash involved - Ford makes sure the customer gets that cash, not the dealer.

If you have specific examples where a rebate was only available to Ford partners and not friends and family X plan customers then I'll take your word for it.

My dealer tied everything to get the X-Plan partners rebate and I had a X-Plan PIN Certificate. I got X-Plan pricing and $3,000 other discounts, but no combination would get me the X-Plan Partners rebate. I got X-Plan, $500 Early Order, $1000 cash, and $1,500 Explorer Loyalty. I had to give my dealer a copy of my X-Plan PIN Certificate to get that pricing. Marginal Economist makes perfect sense as to why none of us are getting the X-Plan Partners rebate.

Below is an eligibility chart for an incentive that includes both types of X plan

#32356 Retail Flex Buy RCL Other

Standard 0, E Z L, R 6

X Plan F&N X W J

X Plan Partners 1 V 8

Here is the one for the X Plan partners offer

#33462 Retail Flex Buy RCL

X Plan Partners 1 V 8

Edited by Marginal Economist

Below is an eligibility chart for an incentive that includes both types of X plan

Standard 0, E Z L, R 6

X Plan F&N X W J

X Plan Partners 1 V 8

X Plan Partners 1 V 8

Learn something new every day. Thanks!

• Like 1

Standard 0, E Z L, R 6

X Plan F&N X W J

X Plan Partners 1 V 8

X Plan Partners 1 V 8

Thanks so much for your informative posts, M-E, but you lost me on this one. Could you please de-code?

Thanks so much for your informative posts, M-E, but you lost me on this one. Could you please de-code?

You don't need to know the codes - it was just an example where some rebates only apply to X plan friends and neighbors (F&N) and some only apply to X plan Partners.

I have been following along and thank you all for your informative posts. I do have a few questions.

The X-Plan incentives that are listed in the posts are for customers purchasing the Explorer or leasing?

Is there a difference?

Can the $1,500 Explorer Loyalty rebate be used when leasing the new Explorer? ( I do own a 2001 Explorer Sport)

Thank you

This rebate thing is about as easy to understand as Obama's Health Care Plan. Did Ford cook all these incentives up behind closed doors in a dark smoke filled room???? I think one flat rebate would solve it all. Sell all (all trims & optons) Explorers for a one low flat price of $30000.00.

Do you need your X-Plan pin at the time of order or at the time of Delivery?

Delivery. Although if you're asking for a F&N pin here you might want to get it as soon as possible. When the vehicle arrives there might not be any available. But the dealer doesn't need it until delivery. As long as you let the employee issuing the PIN know you're ordering and keep in touch you'll be fine.

I have been following along and thank you all for your informative posts. I do have a few questions.

The X-Plan incentives that are listed in the posts are for customers purchasing the Explorer or leasing?

Is there a difference?

Can the $1,500 Explorer Loyalty rebate be used when leasing the new Explorer? ( I do own a 2001 Explorer Sport)

Thank you

Yes, they're different (potentially). For leases Ford can subsidize the lease by changing the rates or the residual values instead of just a rebate on the initial vehicle cost.

The only way to be sure what you're eligible for is to have the dealer run a Vincent report on THAT specific vehicle with YOUR specific info including zip code.

My apologies. One more question.

Do you need your X-Plan pin at the time of order or at the time of Delivery?

Thanks again.

You do not need a PIN at the time of the order but you need to get the X-Plan price and confirm the dealer will accept an X-plan purchase in the buyers order. My salesman went to the owner/manager and confirmed X-Plan prior to my order. When my 2011 Explorer was shipped, I requested a PIN which had already been assigned by a member of this forum over 5 months before. Myplan@ford.com e-mailed me the X-Plan PIN Certificate within minutes to copy and take to my dealer at delivery. I was asked for my PIN by my salesman as the final buyers order was being written with the final rebates being calculated.

Thank you akirby and GaryG. I'm meeting with the salesman today at noon to place the order for the 2011 Explorer. He did tell me on the phone this morning that the average wait time was 8- 10 weeks. seems kinda long to me but maybe there are more people ordering because of low dealer stock. My current lease is up in 5 weeks and i'm gusing that i'll need to extend the lease for one month. I'm not sure what that will entail but I'll be sure to call Ford Motor Credit to find out.

Thank you akirby and GaryG. I'm meeting with the salesman today at noon to place the order for the 2011 Explorer. He did tell me on the phone this morning that the average wait time was 8- 10 weeks. seems kinda long to me but maybe there are more people ordering because of low dealer stock. My current lease is up in 5 weeks and i'm gusing that i'll need to extend the lease for one month. I'm not sure what that will entail but I'll be sure to call Ford Motor Credit to find out.

I believe you can extend your lease up to 3 additional months at the same payment.

I believe you can extend your lease up to 3 additional months at the same payment.

Yes. I was told to contact Ford Credit a week or two before the lease is up and they would extend it because I have placed an order for a new vehicle. There would only be a small cost to cover the difference in taxes.

Well I just returned from the dealer and placed the order for the 2011 FWD Explorer in Bordeaux Reserve Red, black interior with the 202A Rapid Spec.

I did learn that I could not combine the Explorer Owner Loyalty program cash ($750 for lease) with the RCL ($1000). There was also a question on whether the $750 Brochure coupon was going to be valid as it is not a factory incentive and is dated (expires 3/06/11). They did take a copy of the coupon and were going to look into it. The finance guy did say that the two incentives I did get were locked in and if additional incentives or a better incentive came out in 90 days that I was able to also get those.

Guess I'll have to wait and see. I know that new incentives come out each month. I think the quarter also ends on 4/4/11.