$750 rebate available to everyone

The car makers also drop the price to the dealer for older" new" vehicles on their lots. If the dealer is holding a bunch of leftover new 2010 stock while the 2011's are selling then the dealer can also get Previous Model Year Allowance concessions.

Except those types of discounts (also known as dealer cash) show up as additional X plan rebates. That's one reason using X plan is safer because you know the dealer is not getting any additional factory cash (outside of the holdback and other related stuff) - Ford converts all that to X plan only rebates.

tmilicia didn't say that they got the rebates already, just that the salesman/manager said he was eligable for them. My feeling is that they just looked them up in the computer, didn't actually try to see if they were compatible.. Once he goes to sign the paperwork, the dealership will realize that they can't be combined at no fault to tmilicia. The dealer should have checked it like my salesman did which led to my posts about it.

What I'm really curious on is what the dealership is going to say/do for tmilicia.. being xplan, the dealer CANT change the price.. non negotiable... So any deal if the dealer honored it would have to be a verbal agreement off the books.

Ok, so this whole rebate thing has been driving me nuts and I just had to get a final ruling on it so I wouldn't have any surprises when my truck comes in. I had some spare time yesterday so I went and sat down with my salesman to figure out what was what. Well, I had his manager do what you said, run a compatibility check on all the rebates I was promised and low and behold, they were wrong..... the 2 $750 rebates can not be used together. You can imagine my disappointment when he told me, it was like some took the $750 right out of my pocket. Anyways, I've bought 5 new Ford vehicles from him in the last 5 years and they already sold my trade-in, so he wanted to make it right. So, instead of getting the extra 750 off the deal, they're going to give me 750 in "dealer cash" that I can use for service or accessories in their parts dept. I guess I can live with that, I'm sure I can find something in there for the Explorer or Fusion.

I want to thank all of you for having this discussion, it ended up saving me some frustration on delivery day. I want that to be a happy day, not filled with disappointment over not getting a rebate I was expecting.

HELP

Went to the dealer to crunch the final numbers today and they are telling me you need a certificate to claim the $500 early order incentive. I ordered mine back in early December.

For those that used and got the $500 early order what did you have in order to claim?

HELP

Went to the dealer to crunch the final numbers today and they are telling me you need a certificate to claim the $500 early order incentive. I ordered mine back in early December.

For those that used and got the $500 early order what did you have in order to claim?

I had to go to the dealer and sign a buyer's agreement in order for the dealer to submit the request to Ford. I got an e-mail a week later saying Ford approved the pre-order.

"Thank you for your Explorer Early Order Bonus Customer Cash enrollment. Your order has been verified and approved. You are eligible for the Explorer Early Order $500 Bonus Customer Cash incentive which can be claimed in VINCENT after the vehicle is reported sold. Below is the tracking number for your claim."

I'm guessing you did this prior to January cutoff. My dealer did not have me sign anything at the time of order, just took my deposit. I'm hoping their lack of attention to detail didn't just cost me $500.

Sounds like it did. Apparently your dealer did not submit the order as a retail order and therefore didn't qualify you. Since you don't have a dated purchase agreement I don't think Ford will budge on this one because if it did then dealers would start gaming them left and right to get the rebate for folks who didn't order by the deadline.

Checked the order screen printout and it says Xplan order Fleetname my last name. The actual window sticker of the vehicle has my last name listed. How can i tell if it was put int he system correctly? So it sounds like you did not need a special mailer/certificate to get this.

Checked the order screen printout and it says Xplan order Fleetname my last name. The actual window sticker of the vehicle has my last name listed. How can i tell if it was put int he system correctly? So it sounds like you did not need a special mailer/certificate to get this.

Typically the dealer has to specifically submit the order for that specific program and Ford assigns you a claim number and puts it into Vincent under your name. So just because it went in as a X plan order doesn't mean the dealer submitted it. But at least you may have documentation proving when you ordered it.

Just raise hell with the dealer and tell them to get you the $500 rebate and let them deal with Ford. Or try to anyway.

When a car maker wants to move specific model they may reduce the dealers price below invoice (and Holdback) if that dealer meets a predetermined quota.

This does not happen at Ford.

The car makers also drop the price to the dealer for older" new" vehicles on their lots. If the dealer is holding a bunch of leftover new 2010 stock while the 2011's are selling then the dealer can also get Previous Model Year Allowance concessions.

This is called "Final Pay Dealer Cash". Once this happens, there are no other incentives on this car. It is not a great deal of money. for the 2010 Fusion, the amount was $2000. It is not an "also get" - it is an "instead of". The point when final pay kicks in is usually when the previous MY falls below X% of on ground inventory - say 5%.

This has nothing to do with a quota of vehicles sold.

I'd love to see more stairstep programs where dealers do pick up additional dealer cash for hiting a number each month. In that scenario, the amount Ford charges the dealer for the vehicle does not change.

Ok, so this whole rebate thing has been driving me nuts and I just had to get a final ruling on it so I wouldn't have any surprises when my truck comes in. I had some spare time yesterday so I went and sat down with my salesman to figure out what was what. Well, I had his manager do what you said, run a compatibility check on all the rebates I was promised and low and behold, they were wrong..... the 2 $750 rebates can not be used together. You can imagine my disappointment when he told me, it was like some took the $750 right out of my pocket. Anyways, I've bought 5 new Ford vehicles from him in the last 5 years and they already sold my trade-in, so he wanted to make it right. So, instead of getting the extra 750 off the deal, they're going to give me 750 in "dealer cash" that I can use for service or accessories in their parts dept. I guess I can live with that, I'm sure I can find something in there for the Explorer or Fusion.

I want to thank all of you for having this discussion, it ended up saving me some frustration on delivery day. I want that to be a happy day, not filled with disappointment over not getting a rebate I was expecting.

That's great to hear.. that's the sign of a good dealer. $750 will get you some nice accessories and/or a lot of oil changes.

I had to go to the dealer and sign a buyer's agreement in order for the dealer to submit the request to Ford. I got an e-mail a week later saying Ford approved the pre-order.

"Thank you for your Explorer Early Order Bonus Customer Cash enrollment. Your order has been verified and approved. You are eligible for the Explorer Early Order $500 Bonus Customer Cash incentive which can be claimed in VINCENT after the vehicle is reported sold. Below is the tracking number for your claim."

My dealer Sales Manager called me this morning asking me for a certificate number for the Early Order $500 Incentive. I told him I got a card that was sent to me in the mail with VINCENT program #33356 and thought I gave it to Salesman. He kept asking me did I get an e-mail from Ford with a certificate number. I said only the Card with the instructions for the dealer to use that VINCENT number.

I did get a contract when I ordered on 8/10/10 and I got a DORA with that same date with my name on it with what I ordered.

It turns out my Salesman called me again and said he gave me back that Early Order card and I did find it in my file and took it back to him today. There was no "Certificate Number" on it, just the VINCENT Number. The card did say the offer was not transferable so Ford must have me on record with the Plan. I think everything is okay now if the dealership has the Card and I did have a contract well before the deadline. I think the dealer knew about the early order $500 rebate because the $500 was under the rebate section on my original contract. My dealer just dropped the ball by not listing the VINCENT number with my order on 8/10/10.

I did tell my dealer to try leaving off the $500 Early Order and try the X-Plan $750 rebate in the rebate compatibility computer because that would be better for me. I'll keep you posted!

Hello Everyone, I'm new to these forums. Found the thread through a google search. My employer offers x-plan and I just downloaded a pin (its good for 1 year). Does anyone know if they are still offering the $750 coupon for people that request a brochure mailed to them? I placed my request yesterday and was wondering on a time line. It appears the harsh winter really slowed production. I can only find a couple lots with Explorers here in San Diego.

Also when I did my google search I found a list of Ford explorer Rebates on http://autos.aol.com/cars-Ford-Explorer-2011/incentives/

Do you know if the X-Plan partner Recognition Plus Direct Offer #33462 requires a certificiate and is it too late to get one?

I appologize, I don't want to hijack the thread, I'm just a rookie to this x-plan thing. My current vehicle is a 1999 Ford Mustang GT convertible. I just saw the explorer and thought wow, that looks great. I'd like to make the purchase within the next month, two at the latest.

I

Hello Everyone, I'm new to these forums. Found the thread through a google search. My employer offers x-plan and I just downloaded a pin (its good for 1 year). Does anyone know if they are still offering the $750 coupon for people that request a brochure mailed to them? I placed my request yesterday and was wondering on a time line. It appears the harsh winter really slowed production. I can only find a couple lots with Explorers here in San Diego.

Also when I did my google search I found a list of Ford explorer Rebates on http://autos.aol.com/cars-Ford-Explorer-2011/incentives/

Do you know if the X-Plan partner Recognition Plus Direct Offer #33462 requires a certificiate and is it too late to get one?

I appologize, I don't want to hijack the thread, I'm just a rookie to this x-plan thing. My current vehicle is a 1999 Ford Mustang GT convertible. I just saw the explorer and thought wow, that looks great. I'd like to make the purchase within the next month, two at the latest.

If you request a brochure, the rebate is good for 60 days from the date of request. That rebate ends sometime in June. Id just use the $750 xplan rebate, you do not need anything and it is good till the end of the year. No point in ordering a time sensitive brochure when you can already get it via xplan rebate.

Edited by blwnsmoke

I

If you request a brochure, the rebate is good for 60 days from the date of request. That rebate ends sometime in June. Id just use the $750 xplan rebate, you do not need anything and it is good till the end of the year. No point in ordering a time sensitive brochure when you can already get it via xplan rebate.

Ford better get in contact with Mullinax Ford in Lake Park FL for the best rebates and Incentives I have coming to me with X-Plan. These idiots are trying to steel my loan approval and any future business with Ford. My last warning.

Ford better get in contact with Mullinax Ford in Lake Park FL for the best rebates and Incentives I have coming to me with X-Plan. These idiots are trying to steel my loan approval and any future business with Ford. My last warning.

What happened? I thought you had the $500 early order rebate, the Explorer Loyalty money, and the rebate, plus your own financing lined up through your local credit union. Just get the buyers order and take it to your credit union.

I

Do I need a coupon for the xplan rebate? My internet sales guy might be playing games with me. When I asked him specifically if the dealership honors xplan he said I will give you the xplan price. When I asked about the $100 doc fee he said changed the topic to what color I was looking for. So my gut feeling is this guy plans to hit me with a high doc fee but give me the internet price which he claims is the xplan price. I've downloaded the xplan info from myfordpartner.com and will take that to the dealer on my next day off.

Also I'm new to this, do I go to the fleet sales department to ask about this deal? I get my taxes done on tuesday so I should know exactly what I can put down tuesday afternoon.

Do I need a coupon for the xplan rebate? My internet sales guy might be playing games with me. When I asked him specifically if the dealership honors xplan he said I will give you the xplan price. When I asked about the $100 doc fee he said changed the topic to what color I was looking for. So my gut feeling is this guy plans to hit me with a high doc fee but give me the internet price which he claims is the xplan price. I've downloaded the xplan info from myfordpartner.com and will take that to the dealer on my next day off.

Also I'm new to this, do I go to the fleet sales department to ask about this deal? I get my taxes done on tuesday so I should know exactly what I can put down tuesday afternoon.

Just tell the sales droid/manager that you have X plan and don't let them get away with the "but we'll give you the same price" crap.

They get an extra $400-$500 from Ford for X plan - there's no reason for them to throw that away for no reason.

The X plan rebate should show up automatically in Vincent.

Edited by akirby

What happened? I thought you had the $500 early order rebate, the Explorer Loyalty money, and the rebate, plus your own financing lined up through your local credit union. Just get the buyers order and take it to your credit union.

Thanks, I had it out with the dealer finance manager this morning for lying to me. He was still lying to me till we got off the phone but he agreed if I got him a check from my CU today, it would be acceptable. In addition, he over charged me for the maximum $100 in Doc fees X-Plan allows a Dealers to charge. He had down $131 on the contract.

The only reason I gave the dealership a contract to finance was they told me I was APPROVED with BOA for the same rate as my CU. I've been with my CU for 37 years and have never been turned down for a loan at an excellent rate. I felt already bad by giving my business away to the dealer, but when the finance manager called me the next day still trying to get loan approval, I don't like dealing with liars. When my CU called him to let him know just two hours latter that I was going through them, he told me and the CU it was to late because he sent the paperwork to the bank. The CU had a signed buyers order and had approved my loan before I got the new Explorer on Tuesday. The dealer finance manage had to lie to me by saying BOA had approved the same rate and terms as my CU when BOA did not and denied those terms the next day.

I got a check from my CU and took it to the finance manager at 2:30pm today as he demanded. Everyone else at the dealership has been excellent to me but this guy. In the end, I got a sweet deal on the best car I've ever driven.

I got a check from my CU and took it to the finance manager at 2:30pm today as he demanded. Everyone else at the dealership has been excellent to me but this guy. In the end, I got a sweet deal on the best car I've ever driven.

That is the key part of the transaction and the part you'll enjoy for the next 10 years. I'm glad you did not let the F&I guy spoil the whole experience. Once again, congrats on the new ride.

Thanks, I had it out with the dealer finance manager this morning for lying to me. He was still lying to me till we got off the phone but he agreed if I got him a check from my CU today, it would be acceptable. In addition, he over charged me for the maximum $100 in Doc fees X-Plan allows a Dealers to charge. He had down $131 on the contract.

The only reason I gave the dealership a contract to finance was they told me I was APPROVED with BOA for the same rate as my CU. I've been with my CU for 37 years and have never been turned down for a loan at an excellent rate. I felt already bad by giving my business away to the dealer, but when the finance manager called me the next day still trying to get loan approval, I don't like dealing with liars. When my CU called him to let him know just two hours latter that I was going through them, he told me and the CU it was to late because he sent the paperwork to the bank. The CU had a signed buyers order and had approved my loan before I got the new Explorer on Tuesday. The dealer finance manage had to lie to me by saying BOA had approved the same rate and terms as my CU when BOA did not and denied those terms the next day.

Glad it worked out in your favor!! I just got an email from my CU today advertising their loans.. They are offering a 3.49% for 72 months. That blows away the 3.99 for 75 months my dealer was offering. Looks like I'll be taking my business to my CU.

Glad it worked out in your favor!! I just got an email from my CU today advertising their loans.. They are offering a 3.49% for 72 months. That blows away the 3.99 for 75 months my dealer was offering. Looks like I'll be taking my business to my CU.

That's about the best terms I've seen on 72 months from a CU. I ended up with 4.49 APR for 72 months with GAP included. I had to have the payment deducted from my monthly retirement deposit but that works for me because I'll never be late or have to take any action.

My new Explorer is a dream to drive and I'm an expert in determining MPG, this is a big winner for both. BMW just took a back seat to a Ford IMO. I see a Focus EV as my next project to replace my '05 FEH, but my '09 FEH will continue the Lifetime World Record MPG in a Hybrid.

Marginal Economist really helped me through the bumps and roads of this experience and I can't thank him enough. I've been a Loyal Ford buyer or 40 years and I don't deserve the crap or lies buying a new one today.

Hi all,

I am X-plan participant and see general #11866 - Promotional Retail Bonus Cash - $1000 available. Is this available with x-plan? Ford site does not seem to exclude it from plan, but interesting Ford partner site does not include it on vehicle pricing page. Is application of this left to individual dealers to decide? Also, how does one get eCertificate for Bonus Cash Ford 2011 X-Plan Partner eCertificate #33470 ($500)?

Thanks in advance

Hi all,

I am X-plan participant and see general #11866 - Promotional Retail Bonus Cash - $1000 available. Is this available with x-plan? Ford site does not seem to exclude it from plan, but interesting Ford partner site does not include it on vehicle pricing page. Is application of this left to individual dealers to decide? Also, how does one get eCertificate for Bonus Cash Ford 2011 X-Plan Partner eCertificate #33470 ($500)?

Thanks in advance

It may not be available in your zip code. The $500 rebate was for early orders only.

Just tell the sales droid/manager that you have X plan and don't let them get away with the "but we'll give you the same price" crap.

They get an extra $400-$500 from Ford for X plan - there's no reason for them to throw that away for no reason.

The X plan rebate should show up automatically in Vincent.

Thank you for your help. This is one of the most informative forums I've ever visited. I'm going to the dealer tomorrow to see about pre-ordering. Since there are only around 5 explorers in all the lots in San Diego County. None to the specs I want. So basic supply and demand tells me they probably wont use x-plan where they can make more money.