$750 rebate available to everyone

I don't see which rebates adds up to $1750, can you tell us how you got to that amount? Also, is there a #11866 Promotional Retail Bonus $1,000 Cash with X-Plan or without? I assume I'm getting the early order $500 and Loyalty $1500 also.

If you are talking about the $1,000 cash rebate that is being advertised, yes it can be used with xplan. That's where I got the $1,750 total ($1,000 bonus cash + $750 xplan or mailer rebate).

First, thanks to blwnsmoke for the legwork here AND to whatever dealer had the patience and knowledge to sort this out for us all.

While I see you can't combine the various $750 and $500 offers, it seems that one could exceed the $1,000 cash + a single $750 bonus (total $1,750) and max out at $2,750 if one also qualifies for the $1,000 Explorer Owner Loyalty Bonus, right?

Correct, I thought it was $1,500 if you had an older explorer.. but that's just the number that was stuck in my head. I'm not sure what the amount is. However, you can combine that with the other $1,750.

As a general response to what I found out the rebate system that my salesman showed me has every promotion/rebate listed by it's 5 digit rebate number. There are also separate tabs for public and xplan partner deals.. the salesman has to click on the appropriate tab to list the rebates. Example, the $750 xplan partner rebate did not show under the public tab.

The salesman then checks each little box next to each rebate to select it. On the bottom left of the screen it says "compatibility". When he clicks on that, it then goes to a new screen and lists each rebate package and asks the salesman to select which one he'd like. Example:

$1,000 bonus cash

$750 xplan partner rebate

--------------------------------------

$1,000 bonus cash

$750 mailer rebate

-------------------------------------

If rebates were able to be combined, it would list more then 2 rebates under each option. The salesman then has to click on which choice he wants and proceeds from there in order to get the rebates from Ford.

This was all shown to me.. he was trying to get everything he could for me, wasn't trying to hide anything.

PS - The spiff for Xplan for my dealer was $550.XX.

I'm just going by what my dealer told me. He said there was no problem using my "private cash offer" with the other rebates. I don't know if he ran them through the computer or not, but I will be holding him to what he's told me when my Explorer comes in at the end of the month.

When do you pick up your vehicle? Any ETA yet? Mine doesn't have a build date yet so please post the end result of what rebates you were able to combine together.

When do you pick up your vehicle? Any ETA yet? Mine doesn't have a build date yet so please post the end result of what rebates you were able to combine together.

My truck was scheduled to roll off the line on Feb. 8 with an estimated ETA of Feb. 28 at my dealer in Ohio. I'm hoping it comes earlier, I don't see how its going to take over 2 weeks to get from Chicago to N.E. Ohio, its only a 7 hour drive. I will definitely post up the final outcome with the rebates.

My truck was scheduled to roll off the line on Feb. 8 with an estimated ETA of Feb. 28 at my dealer in Ohio. I'm hoping it comes earlier, I don't see how its going to take over 2 weeks to get from Chicago to N.E. Ohio, its only a 7 hour drive. I will definitely post up the final outcome with the rebates.

When did you place your order? Just trying to figure out how long it took from start to finish. I ordered 2/6/11, no vin yet as of yesterday. I'm hoping to have it by the end of March.

Correct, I thought it was $1,500 if you had an older explorer.. but that's just the number that was stuck in my head. I'm not sure what the amount is. However, you can combine that with the other $1,750.

As a general response to what I found out the rebate system that my salesman showed me has every promotion/rebate listed by it's 5 digit rebate number. There are also separate tabs for public and xplan partner deals.. the salesman has to click on the appropriate tab to list the rebates. Example, the $750 xplan partner rebate did not show under the public tab.

The salesman then checks each little box next to each rebate to select it. On the bottom left of the screen it says "compatibility". When he clicks on that, it then goes to a new screen and lists each rebate package and asks the salesman to select which one he'd like. Example:

$1,000 bonus cash

$750 xplan partner rebate

--------------------------------------

$1,000 bonus cash

$750 mailer rebate

-------------------------------------

If rebates were able to be combined, it would list more then 2 rebates under each option. The salesman then has to click on which choice he wants and proceeds from there in order to get the rebates from Ford.

This was all shown to me.. he was trying to get everything he could for me, wasn't trying to hide anything.

PS - The spiff for Xplan for my dealer was $550.XX.

Talked to my salesman today and they said they couldn't find the $750 X-Plan Partner Rebate number in the system. All they said I could get was $1,000 Bonus Cash, the $500 Early Order mail-in Rebate and $1,500 Explorer Loyalty Incentive. Now that I've reread your post, I made a copy to take back to them. This means a total of $3,750 off for this lucky guy if they find it tomorrow.

They called me tonight and said my Explorer just got there so I should be picking it up tomorrow also. I love it when a plan comes together!

The spiff for X-Plan for my dealer was only $425.

Gary please let us know the codes and dollar amount that you were able to get through Xplan and your dealer. I am in the same boat with mine arriving this week. Using Xplan with a 98 Ecplorer to barter with for loyalty incentive. Confused myself on whats available, what can be combined etc.

Gary please let us know the codes and dollar amount that you were able to get through Xplan and your dealer. I am in the same boat with mine arriving this week. Using Xplan with a 98 Ecplorer to barter with for loyalty incentive. Confused myself on whats available, what can be combined etc.

Will do! I just took every code found in this thread and typed up a sheet and gave my salesman a mission to have them all looked-up to see what I could get. The X-Plan code stumped them because they couldn't find it. I'll break it all down in a post here to confirm what I get tomorrow. I'm glad I had a chance to come home and find that post before we changed the final contract with all the Incentives.

Talked to my salesman today and they said they couldn't find the $750 X-Plan Partner Rebate number in the system. All they said I could get was $1,000 Bonus Cash, the $500 Early Order mail-in Rebate and $1,500 Explorer Loyalty Incentive. Now that I've reread your post, I made a copy to take back to them. This means a total of $3,750 off for this lucky guy if they find it tomorrow.

They called me tonight and said my Explorer just got there so I should be picking it up tomorrow also. I love it when a plan comes together!

The spiff for X-Plan for my dealer was only $425.

Make sure they click on the partner tab.. it's the non public tab that shows all the private rebates. There is a little drop down box they have to click on to change to the xplan rebates. My dealer didn't do it at first and caught it himself when he couldn't find it originally.

Edited by blwnsmoke

Make sure they click on the partner tab.. it's the non public tab that shows all the private rebates. There is a little drop down box they have to click on to change to the xplan rebates. My dealer didn't do it at first and caught it himself when he couldn't find it originally.

Thanks Again

I just copied this post to take it to them tomorrow also.

Thanks Again

I just copied this post to take it to them tomorrow also.

Gave my Dealer both post and they claimed their computer would not allow the $750 X-Plan discount. I think they were not doing something right like using the $500 early order mail-in card. At any rate, we all love the 2011 Explorer now sitting in my driveway and I got it for $3000 under X-Plan pricing. They gave me $500 early order, $1000 Cash, and $1500 Loyalty.

Gave my Dealer both post and they claimed their computer would not allow the $750 X-Plan discount. I think they were not doing something right like using the $500 early order mail-in card. At any rate, we all love the 2011 Explorer now sitting in my driveway and I got it for $3000 under X-Plan pricing. They gave me $500 early order, $1000 Cash, and $1500 Loyalty.

That could be.. not combinable that is but if that was the case, I woukd have said to scrap the early order and take the xplan rebate.. another $250.. regardless, you got a great deal.. very jealous.. going to be another 6+ weeks. When did you order it? Curious how long it took. Im only 10 days in...

Spoke with my dealer today and cannot combine the two $750 rebate from direct mail private cash and x-plan rebate. So, I do not know how tmilicia was able to do that???

tmilicia didn't say that they got the rebates already, just that the salesman/manager said he was eligable for them. My feeling is that they just looked them up in the computer, didn't actually try to see if they were compatible.. Once he goes to sign the paperwork, the dealership will realize that they can't be combined at no fault to tmilicia. The dealer should have checked it like my salesman did which led to my posts about it.

What I'm really curious on is what the dealership is going to say/do for tmilicia.. being xplan, the dealer CANT change the price.. non negotiable... So any deal if the dealer honored it would have to be a verbal agreement off the books.

Just got an email from my salesman and he said the same thing you just said in your post. The salesman made a mistake and timilicia will not get the rebates at time of delivery. I am posting the email from my dealer.

Hi Al,

I don't have access to your deal envelope at this time. The gentleman who orders

our vehicles goes home at 5 pm and his office is locked.

Just a quick note, I took the rebates that your friend is supposed to be getting

and put them in the rebate website for Ford and it came up just like what I sent you

earlier. They can't get bot $750 rebates, they get one group or the other.

I am faxing it to you so you can pass it along to them and they can get back to

their dealer about it. I hate to see people disappointed when it comes time to get their new vehicle and find out that they were mislead.

Randy

tmilicia didn't say that they got the rebates already, just that the salesman/manager said he was eligable for them. My feeling is that they just looked them up in the computer, didn't actually try to see if they were compatible.. Once he goes to sign the paperwork, the dealership will realize that they can't be combined at no fault to tmilicia. The dealer should have checked it like my salesman did which led to my posts about it.

What I'm really curious on is what the dealership is going to say/do for tmilicia.. being xplan, the dealer CANT change the price.. non negotiable... So any deal if the dealer honored it would have to be a verbal agreement off the books.

My dealer subtracted another $500 off of X-Plan in my original contract, are they allowed to do that? The salesman said they do that on all orders placed at that time.

My dealer subtracted another $500 off of X-Plan in my original contract, are they allowed to do that? The salesman said they do that on all orders placed at that time.

If it's an actual $500 rebate that Ford is offering, yes they can.. if they just took $500 off just to take it off then they violated Ford's Xplan rules and could get into trouble from Ford for doing so.

If it's an actual $500 rebate that Ford is offering, yes they can.. if they just took $500 off just to take it off then they violated Ford's Xplan rules and could get into trouble from Ford for doing so.

That makes me feel better because they would not give it to me in the final deal and I thought I got cheated.

The finance manager wanted to try to beat my Credit Union's rate of 4.49% APR for 72 months and then claimed he matched it with BOA. My loan had already been approved with my CU by phone while he was getting approval so I told my CU I may go with BOA. The fact was BOA had not given final approval and the finance manager lied to me and said I was approved.

This got real interesting this morning when the finance manager called me asking for more information when he had already told me I was approved with BOA. Then the CU called me after that saying they would include GAP insurance if I went with them with a less payment amount than BOA without it. I knew I had been lied to by the finance manager at the dealer and thought they would try to get me back in with a poorer rate and different terms like other dealers have tried with me in the past. The CU had told me I have 3 days to cancel a loan contract in Florida and I could take their already approved loan with GAP with a lesser payment. Sure enough I had a phone message from the dealer finance manager asking me to come back because he found another bank. I called the dealer finance manager to let him know I was staying with my CU and the phone went dead! If people would just be honest our lives would be so much better.

That makes me feel better because they would not give it to me in the final deal and I thought I got cheated.

The finance manager wanted to try to beat my Credit Union's rate of 4.49% APR for 72 months and then claimed he matched it with BOA. My loan had already been approved with my CU by phone while he was getting approval so I told my CU I may go with BOA. The fact was BOA had not given final approval and the finance manager lied to me and said I was approved.

This got real interesting this morning when the finance manager called me asking for more information when he had already told me I was approved with BOA. Then the CU called me after that saying they would include GAP insurance if I went with them with a less payment amount than BOA without it. I knew I had been lied to by the finance manager at the dealer and thought they would try to get me back in with a poorer rate and different terms like other dealers have tried with me in the past. The CU had told me I have 3 days to cancel a loan contract in Florida and I could take their already approved loan with GAP with a lesser payment. Sure enough I had a phone message from the dealer finance manager asking me to come back because he found another bank. I called the dealer finance manager to let him know I was staying with my CU and the phone went dead! If people would just be honest our lives would be so much better.

Only because they wanted a cut of your interest rate.. I was going to go with my credit union too.. They were offering 4.99 for 72 months, 5.99 for 84 months. When talking to the dealer I ordered from, they were a little pushy.. you know the "so do you want to order it today?" and "well what will get you to order from us instead of the other dealer since xplan is xplan?". The one I ordered from I actually hate with a passion (sales dept.. their service dept kicks butt). Anyways, the only reason I was there was because they had a white tricoat with pecan interior and I wanted to see it in person. Well it was about 10* outside and he was nice enough to pull it into the service bay because I had my 6 month old so we would stay warm.

I swore I would never give them business but he pulled my credit report and interest rates.. his credit union has a 3.99% for 75 months.. DING DING DING.. we've got a winner!! Great rate for a long term!! So he got me to order through them..

What got me was the sales manager (when I was looking at an expedition) was telling me that they weren't making a penny on me selling at invoice. Anyone who does their research knows they get 3% of MSRP.. so I told him that he was making money.. he then proceeded to tell me to my face that they aren't.. Well when I stood up and said "what about the 3% holdback you get which is over $1,500". His response "well we are not going to talk about that". lol.. And I walked out.

It is one thing to make a mistake or not know an answer to something.. it's another to think I don't know what I'm talking about and LIE right to my face. I can deal with mistakes.. I can deal with errors.. people make them, we are human.. I can't deal with dishonesty and/or LIARS.

Only because they wanted a cut of your interest rate.. I was going to go with my credit union too.. They were offering 4.99 for 72 months, 5.99 for 84 months. When talking to the dealer I ordered from, they were a little pushy.. you know the "so do you want to order it today?" and "well what will get you to order from us instead of the other dealer since xplan is xplan?". The one I ordered from I actually hate with a passion (sales dept.. their service dept kicks butt). Anyways, the only reason I was there was because they had a white tricoat with pecan interior and I wanted to see it in person. Well it was about 10* outside and he was nice enough to pull it into the service bay because I had my 6 month old so we would stay warm.

I swore I would never give them business but he pulled my credit report and interest rates.. his credit union has a 3.99% for 75 months.. DING DING DING.. we've got a winner!! Great rate for a long term!! So he got me to order through them..

What got me was the sales manager (when I was looking at an expedition) was telling me that they weren't making a penny on me selling at invoice. Anyone who does their research knows they get 3% of MSRP.. so I told him that he was making money.. he then proceeded to tell me to my face that they aren't.. Well when I stood up and said "what about the 3% holdback you get which is over $1,500". His response "well we are not going to talk about that". lol.. And I walked out.

It is one thing to make a mistake or not know an answer to something.. it's another to think I don't know what I'm talking about and LIE right to my face. I can deal with mistakes.. I can deal with errors.. people make them, we are human.. I can't deal with dishonesty and/or LIARS.

That bastard made a big mistake with me today!

I had a similar discussion.....I cant believe the sales people think the public knows nothing about holdback.

Not to mention if the dealer sells a certain quota of vehicles then their ACTUAL purchase price goes down.

I agree with you....... just be honest with us and we will pay a fair price

Be dishonest and we are gone!

I had a similar discussion.....I cant believe the sales people think the public knows nothing about holdback.

Not to mention if the dealer sells a certain quota of vehicles then their ACTUAL purchase price goes down.

I agree with you....... just be honest with us and we will pay a fair price

Be dishonest and we are gone!

I'd guess that less than 5% of the buying public understand holdback.

Please explain the line about the quota and purchase price - I don't know what you are talking about.

Edited by Marginal Economist

I'd guess that less than 5% of the buying public understand holdback.

Please explain the line about the quota and purchase price - I don't know what you are talking about.

When a car maker wants to move specific model they may reduce the dealers price below invoice (and Holdback) if that dealer meets a predetermined quota.

The car makers also drop the price to the dealer for older" new" vehicles on their lots. If the dealer is holding a bunch of leftover new 2010 stock while the 2011's are selling then the dealer can also get Previous Model Year Allowance concessions.