The time is NOW to start the discussion on RAISES!

I believe thast its very simple. explain to your friends, co-workers, and any other UAW member that you can get to listen to you...

WE can not afford to tie our wages to somethinhg we have NO CONTROL over. Manegement dictates what parts we use...if they are crap...we still build. They dictate the design of vehicles, If they don't sell...we would lose. Unless we as a membership, can control the issues that effect our wages, the answer has to be NO.

Consessions have already gone way to far. We have lost far too much. Walter Ruether is rolling over in his grave on the two tier bullshit, let alone everything else that the UAW gave back to all three companies.

If Ford Motor truely wants to compete with the forign makers, then lets see salary, all they way to the top, take consessions to match the pay of thier counterparts. The Japanese CEO's make way less than the 20 MILLION that Mullaly will make in any given year. Match them, and then we can talk about the uaw and thier costs. Until that happens, My answer to ANY contract offer, no matter how good it sounds, will be HELL NO! Bob King is NOT to be trusted. He is more in the companies pocket than ANY past president of our Union. He has proven time and again, that when the company says jump...he asks how high.

I won't predict the future as to what may or may not be offered in the upcoming contracts. I WILL warn everyone, to save as much as you can, because if there was every enough pissed off autoworkers, to force a strike, the time will be now. We already know the company wants more consessions...we can not afford to let that happen.

• Like 1

I believe thast its very simple. explain to your friends, co-workers, and any other UAW member that you can get to listen to you...

WE can not afford to tie our wages to somethinhg we have NO CONTROL over. Manegement dictates what parts we use...if they are crap...we still build. They dictate the design of vehicles, If they don't sell...we would lose. Unless we as a membership, can control the issues that effect our wages, the answer has to be NO.

Consessions have already gone way to far. We have lost far too much. Walter Ruether is rolling over in his grave on the two tier bullshit, let alone everything else that the UAW gave back to all three companies.

If Ford Motor truely wants to compete with the forign makers, then lets see salary, all they way to the top, take consessions to match the pay of thier counterparts. The Japanese CEO's make way less than the 20 MILLION that Mullaly will make in any given year. Match them, and then we can talk about the uaw and thier costs. Until that happens, My answer to ANY contract offer, no matter how good it sounds, will be HELL NO! Bob King is NOT to be trusted. He is more in the companies pocket than ANY past president of our Union. He has proven time and again, that when the company says jump...he asks how high.

I won't predict the future as to what may or may not be offered in the upcoming contracts. I WILL warn everyone, to save as much as you can, because if there was every enough pissed off autoworkers, to force a strike, the time will be now. We already know the company wants more consessions...we can not afford to let that happen.

I heard a rumor that we will get a $5.00 per hour pay cut, higher copays, loss of Sub and SWW, loss of 1 weeks vacation and loss of 2 personal days plus 1 holiday loss............... but we will get a $50,000 buy down signing bonus.

Hopefully this rumor is true so I can pay off my home

Edited by louie

Winning the war with the media is the best option for Bob King to put into the contract...If you are listening Bob King. A graduate of one of the schools I attended is a spokesperson for the Big 3. Her quote when asked about how much the Chrysler salaried bonuses would be, the answer given and I quote "the details regarding salaried performance awards are considered confidential employment records." But in the same article all the amounts of the hourly were released. I have talked a lot about hourly comp. myself but nothing that hasn't already been released by the media, but most hourly employees should demand that exact confidential clause in their contract as well. This could only avoid future hang-ups that outsiders have with the UAW workforce. You rarely here of the complaints of the 18% that is supposed to be given above the hourly line-workers rate by the media. Their justification is education. Bob, a lot of hourly are educated!! Or that a regular lower level manager on the line does indeed get paid (for all of you who want to know) 85K. Or the absolute ridiculous amount of moving allowances that some salaried employees brag about when they have to go to a different plant along with work placement services for their spouses. Our union contracts are located in books still not on a computer that needs to have a log in just to look at. How about getting into this century, putting contracts on a secured data base for hourly employees like the salaried have, and avoiding media's questions by using "the details regarding the "Hourly" performance awards are considered Confidential Employment Records!! "

I believe there is an important factor addressed here. Seldom if never do the results of compensation ever hit the media stage in such an aggressive manner as those against the HOURLY UAW workforce. These individuals do not understand the requirements of those individuals 'attached' to an assembly line for lengthy periods of time. We as line workers earn our wages by selling our body in pain, blood, and constant discomfort. It takes a special breed of cat to be a 'factory rat' , so kudas to us and F the rest. We should be proud of our ability to sustain this type of labor. I believe that educating ourselves in what we communicate to outsiders would be a good start, and also demand that our 'private contractual agreements' include nondisclosure to media personnel.

• Like 1

I believe there is an important factor addressed here. Seldom if never do the results of compensation ever hit the media stage in such an aggressive manner as those against the HOURLY UAW workforce. These individuals do not understand the requirements of those individuals 'attached' to an assembly line for lengthy periods of time. We as line workers earn our wages by selling our body in pain, blood, and constant discomfort. It takes a special breed of cat to be a 'factory rat' , so kudas to us and F the rest. We should be proud of our ability to sustain this type of labor. I believe that educating ourselves in what we communicate to outsiders would be a good start, and also demand that our 'private contractual agreements' include nondisclosure to media personnel.

Good point, woody. Did you hear Bob King say---in an interview at NAIAS last month---that "we don't negotiate in the media." I agree. We shouldn't discuss our pay & benefits with the public, including the media. If reporters show up at our plant gates, or email us, facebook, etc. during contract negotiations, we should be polite but firm---the reporters don't tell us what THEY make, right? We expect that the ppl we elect to negotiate for us will get us a contract that's fair for everyone.

• Like 2

I heard a rumor that we will get a $5.00 per hour pay cut, higher copays, loss of Sub and SWW, loss of 1 weeks vacation and loss of 2 personal days plus 1 holiday loss............... but we will get a $50,000 buy down signing bonus.

Are you fucking kidding me?? lol You would have to be a complete fucking moron to vote yes on that.. Sell your soul for 30k after taxes.. Jesus Christ, no wonder every (almost) piece of shit contract they shove at us passes... Douchebags like you shouldn't be allowed to breed.

• Like 1

Are you fucking kidding me?? lol You would have to be a complete fucking moron to vote yes on that.. Sell your soul for 30k after taxes.. Jesus Christ, no wonder every (almost) piece of shit contract they shove at us passes... Douchebags like you shouldn't be allowed to breed.

Whoa… Take it easy.

These are some of the discussions in the team room.

Doing my duty to report this important rumor.

Don’t shoot the messenger

Exactly, see the media, use exactly these words on our wages " NO COMMENT" and to the above Pioneer, this will be a topic of conversation as long as line workers make more than college grads....BS, a lot of those salary folks went to high school with me and guess what they have no college education either. I will say it again, a lot of the hourly line workers have a college education. A lot of them choose job security over kissing #SS!! We can be smart with social networking, blue oval, and other ways of getting the word out to let the hourly workforce know that the media during contract neg. is Never a friend!!! Start with being MUM on sign in bonus if there is one. Wood, you are exactly right, the hourly work for every dollar they earn, no doubt about it. They are the hardest working bunch of people anyone could ever meet : ) Too bad outsiders don't feel the same way. There was a reporter that one time wrote an article after she experienced what it was really like on an assembly line. Although the article was good, it did not help to sway the outside groups from the old perceptions. Too bad, my dream would be to try all those nay sayers on a line, only when it's hot outside, 10 hours, 6 days (we will give them a little OT) and see how they feel after : ) I would start with Mitch McConnell.

Exactly, see the media, use exactly these words on our wages " NO COMMENT" and to the above Pioneer, this will be a topic of conversation as long as line workers make more than college grads....BS, a lot of those salary folks went to high school with me and guess what they have no college education either. I will say it again, a lot of the hourly line workers have a college education. A lot of them choose job security over kissing #SS!! We can be smart with social networking, blue oval, and other ways of getting the word out to let the hourly workforce know that the media during contract neg. is Never a friend!!! Start with being MUM on sign in bonus if there is one. Wood, you are exactly right, the hourly work for every dollar they earn, no doubt about it. They are the hardest working bunch of people anyone could ever meet : ) Too bad outsiders don't feel the same way. There was a reporter that one time wrote an article after she experienced what it was really like on an assembly line. Although the article was good, it did not help to sway the outside groups from the old perceptions. Too bad, my dream would be to try all those nay sayers on a line, only when it's hot outside, 10 hours, 6 days (we will give them a little OT) and see how they feel after : ) I would start with Mitch McConnell.

I cant stand when they report our, hourly rate, signing bonuses and profit bonuses.

There is no way to hide this cash from my old lady.

She gets her hand out while the ink is still wet on the newspapers

• Like 1

I cant stand when they report our, hourly rate, signing bonuses and profit bonuses.

There is no way to hide this cash from my old lady.

She gets her hand out while the ink is still wet on the newspapers

LOL LOL LOL LOL try telling her that even though the company is making a profit they are still in debt LOL, I know I know that won't fly : )

????? Hopefully this rumor is true?? If that litle bit of money will pay off your mortgage, then you need to do the math again because you will lose more than that in 5 (or less) years wages!

Edited by REALITYPLZ

Winning the war with the media is the best option for Bob King to put into the contract...If you are listening Bob King. A graduate of one of the schools I attended is a spokesperson for the Big 3. Her quote when asked about how much the Chrysler salaried bonuses would be, the answer given and I quote "the details regarding salaried performance awards are considered confidential employment records." But in the same article all the amounts of the hourly were released. I have talked a lot about hourly comp. myself but nothing that hasn't already been released by the media, but most hourly employees should demand that exact confidential clause in their contract as well. This could only avoid future hang-ups that outsiders have with the UAW workforce. You rarely here of the complaints of the 18% that is supposed to be given above the hourly line-workers rate by the media. Their justification is education. Bob, a lot of hourly are educated!! Or that a regular lower level manager on the line does indeed get paid (for all of you who want to know) 85K. Or the absolute ridiculous amount of moving allowances that some salaried employees brag about when they have to go to a different plant along with work placement services for their spouses. Our union contracts are located in books still not on a computer that needs to have a log in just to look at. How about getting into this century, putting contracts on a secured data base for hourly employees like the salaried have, and avoiding media's questions by using "the details regarding the "Hourly" performance awards are considered Confidential Employment Records!! "

Agreed, it is a requirement that prospective employees pass an AON knowledge/skills assessment, and many hourly's carry journeyman's cards and/or are college educated. The management is not special, and it certainly should be the companies contractual obligation to not disclose hourly employees compensation, stipends and/or bonuses to any media outlet. It was the companies use of the public's angst VIA the media that gave them psychological advantage in the past concessionary agreements. I see the same pressures now being placed on postal workers.

Edited by Furious1Auto

This is hilarious, while the ditch diggers with the same education, bust their ass for $12 an hour, someone sitting in a chair turning a screw every 3 minutes whines that no one else can handle their $28 an hour factory job, get real. Every other industry out there is still taking pay cuts and hiring new workers at lower wages than they would 10 years ago, and you guys think we should get a raise? Where else than the big 3 do they hire hilo drivers, machine operators, and assembliers making more than $20 an hour?

And i think the salaried should get a bigger bonus, they gave up their retirement without a choice, what we gave up is not even close to their sacrifice.

• Like 3

This is hilarious, while the ditch diggers with the same education, bust their ass for $12 an hour, someone sitting in a chair turning a screw every 3 minutes whines that no one else can handle their $28 an hour factory job, get real. Every other industry out there is still taking pay cuts and hiring new workers at lower wages than they would 10 years ago, and you guys think we should get a raise? Where else than the big 3 do they hire hilo drivers, machine operators, and assembliers making more than $20 an hour?

And i think the salaried should get a bigger bonus, they gave up their retirement without a choice, what we gave up is not even close to their sacrifice.

................are you for real? Flipping switches for a living is in no way reasons for that kind of comment.

• Like 1

The company set that expectation.

There was a letter of agreement between the company and the union that stated, there would be an "Equity in loss" in regard to wages and benefits. The company has violated this letter of agreement numerious times. We are the first to lose, and last to regain. I'm not asking for a $10.00 raise. But I feel we have given enough.

equity in loss...but not equity in benefits.

if you expect them to move salaried people to only a two tiered wage structure, pay them over time etc., you're nuts.

if it's that much better, you could always quit and hire in as salaried.

• Like 3

You my friend are the uneducated one, pensions have been eliminated for all new hires, new hires makes half the wages and why are you an electrician if the line was soooo easy? Other foreign plants make more than $20 an hour. Nobody is getting hired in at the Big 3 for more than $20/hr now anyhow. I never heard anything about the salaried giving up their personal retirement pension, maybe new hires but not for the people who have been around there for a while. If salaried, invest well with that 401K match that you have been receiving FOREVER, only taken away for a short time, but non the less reinstated!! I have yet to meet a salaried retired employee that say they are suffering from the lack of pension money they are receiving. Granny was still receiving excellent survivor (Salaried) benefits when Grandpa passed away and that was long ago, Do you seriously think we should feel sorry for you, honestly. If your a skilled trade electrician like some in my family I'm sorry it would be very difficult to even shed one single tear. You obviously went right to skilled without trying the line out first because they earn every damn dollar on that line. Shout out to the LINE WORKERS!! I wish they handed out bonuses based on the pain of YOUR BODIES!!

• Like 1

If people choose to work for temp services for $7 an hour then the is what the agency will pay. If all temp workers quit working for that rate, and collectively did not show up to work for temp agencies anymore, then the companies that employ the agency would be forced to higher their own HR personnel, and begin hiring direct again. Doesn't matter what the ditch digger, garbage man, or Wal-Mart greeter makes. They all have the right to unionize, and bargain collectively, if they choose not to then that is why they get compensated what they do. Fact is auto workers do negotiate their wages, their employer is profitable, and they do work harder then most ditch diggers cause their job is not seasonal like road construction. Also, they perform more work over the same time period then any other job I have worked. There is no job turning 1 bolt every three min., it is more like 2 hoses, 5 fasteners, 3 brake lines, 3 bolts to torque a seal to install, and a plastic shielding. All this, and roughly 1 min. to complete it before the next unit comes and they get to start all over.

Yeah the management should get a huge raise! LOL You can't credit the management for Ford's advances in quality, half of them don't even want to hear about quality issues when the hourly's are the ones finding defects, and stopping the line to address it. All the management cares about is their numbers, and collecting their bonuses!

Edited by Furious1Auto
  • Like 1

I dont know what salaried yer talking about but the engineers I know personally at Dearboen R&D , have not had their retirement taken away. Now I do know Visteon engineers working side by side with them and yes they have been raked over the coals.

• Like 1

Thats the Nutshell..........

quality issues fall on deaf ears its all about quanity not quality

its sad reinstate management bonus and fuck quality get it out the door

its up to us the line workers to stand up and say i will not ship it do it right the first time

fuck management and there bonus

oh i have add uneducated line workers for all you well educated assholes out there :hysterical:

• Like 1

If people choose to work for temp services for $7 an hour then the is what the agency will pay. If all temp workers quit working for that rate, and collectively did not show up to work for temp agencies anymore, then the companies that employ the agency would be forced to higher their own HR personnel, and begin hiring direct again.

The current problem is the UAW has become a temp agency, we have employees that have been working 40 hours a week some for over 8 years. Granted there have been some lay offs mixed in there but the bottom line is we are not even allowing these workers the contractual rights under the 2007 CBA concerning entry level workers.

I personally know of a temp worker thats been temp for 8 years , she knows someone thats been temp status for 10 years. Pretty sad that over 3 contracts we could not get these people hired, even if it's at the entry level crap.

And some wonder why I question pay raises , on the hourly side the future workers and the retirees have taken way bigger hits than me not getting a raise.

• Like 1

quality issues fall on deaf ears its all about quanity not quality

its sad reinstate management bonus and fuck quality get it out the door

its up to us the line workers to stand up and say i will not ship it do it right the first time

fuck management and there bonus

oh i have add uneducated line workers for all you well educated assholes out there :hysterical:

Why do you think they halted thousands of new Explorers last month or so for questionable radiators ?? Some dept super had to get his # 's. Thankfully only a handful needed repairs.

There is no job turning 1 bolt every three min., it is more like 2 hoses, 5 fasteners, 3 brake lines, 3 bolts to torque a seal to install, and a plastic shielding. All this, and roughly 1 min. to complete it before the next unit comes and they get to start all over.

if its so hard, quit and find an easier job, i have many unemployed neighbors willing to do your job for half the pay so they can feed their families.

• Like 1