Ford Raptor: Tonka Toy for Big Sandbox

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/13/automobiles/autoreviews/ford-raptor-review.html?_r=3

Pretty good article...couple of my fav quotes:

IS IT THIRSTY? Like a rhinoceros who’s been eating saltines for a week: The E.P.A. rating is 11 m.p.g. city, 14 m.p.g. highway.

The Raptor looks like a life-size radio-control car, it swallows gas and I really want it, even though I live in the Northeast where it would rarely have room to roam.

If the Raptor were available with the EcoBoost twin-turbocharged V-6 (which returns 21 m.p.g. on the highway in other F-150 4x4s), I’d have a hard time driving past the Ford dealer every day.

I have no need for one, but I sure do want one! LOL

• Like 2

I ordered mine near invoice back in December, just couldn't see paying sticker for one on the lot.

Same here, but a mid January order. I wasn't going to pay sticker and every one I've seen on the dealer's lot had graphics and a sunroof, and I wanted neither. Mine's a silver SuperCrew.

I ordered my Blue Flame SuperCrew near invoice on 1-24-11. Great savings by ordering but be prepared for the wait.

Guys/Gals -- Trust me, it is worth the wait. Best Vehicle I have ever owned! Though be warned you get thumbs up from people driving, people in the gas station and Home Depot want to carry on conversations about the truck.