ACH PLANTS ARE NOT BEING SOLD

sanduskyman

Great advice. These plants WILL be sold or closed. The only question is... WHEN? With contract this year, I would not offer any bets as to them being open by the end of the year...but thats just MY opinion. I will bet that there is language in the upcoming contract to facilitate the closing or sale of them. Ford wants them gone, and they will be gone...

The language already exists in the form of a letter when they were brought into ACH.

Actually, Ford Motor company's plan has not changed, they plan to sell or close these facilities. The UAW stepped in to try a force Ford's hand into selling them instead of closing them. The company already had the language in the agreement to do so. Fortunately or unfortunately the economy fell apart and Ford did not have the cash to close these facilities. Monroe sold part of the business before the colapse, but the other part of the business was sourced to an outside supplier. Ypsi plant was sourced to an outside supplier, Rawsonville gobbled up some of the product, but majority got sourced. Indy plant has been sourced to TRW. The Milan plant is almost sold, but parts of that plant were also sourced to other suppliers! These plants had 1000-1500 people in them not too long ago. Ford Motor is the only one of the big 3 to still have these parts plants and want them gone. Yes, they are probably making money, but has not put any investment/engineering or upgrades in them. They want to use this money in other areas of the company. They would rather use that money to refresh a program, engineering in other areas and on new technology.

So if I were giving someone advise, it wouldn't be "don't believe they will do it, but believe they have done it. If there is a location you are interested you better jump on it, if not stay around, but realize you may have to sit on the street collecting SUB/TAP until you find a home! Please make your educationed decision based on your own personal situation and not someone giving their opinion. Good luck!

Agree...good post

• Like 1

Actually, Ford Motor company's plan has not changed, they plan to sell or close these facilities. The UAW stepped in to try a force Ford's hand into selling them instead of closing them. The company already had the language in the agreement to do so. Fortunately or unfortunately the economy fell apart and Ford did not have the cash to close these facilities. Monroe sold part of the business before the colapse, but the other part of the business was sourced to an outside supplier. Ypsi plant was sourced to an outside supplier, Rawsonville gobbled up some of the product, but majority got sourced. Indy plant has been sourced to TRW. The Milan plant is almost sold, but parts of that plant were also sourced to other suppliers! These plants had 1000-1500 people in them not too long ago. Ford Motor is the only one of the big 3 to still have these parts plants and want them gone. Yes, they are probably making money, but has not put any investment/engineering or upgrades in them. They want to use this money in other areas of the company. They would rather use that money to refresh a program, engineering in other areas and on new technology.

So if I were giving someone advise, it wouldn't be "don't believe they will do it, but believe they have done it. If there is a location you are interested you better jump on it, if not stay around, but realize you may have to sit on the street collecting SUB/TAP until you find a home! Please make your educationed decision based on your own personal situation and not someone giving their opinion. Good luck!

Nice post! Good luck ACHers! Hope it turns out better than Delphi!

With contract this year, I would not offer any bets as to them being open by the end of the year......

I'll bet ya. There is no way that SRP will be closed within 10 months. Just not gonna happen. Look how long Indy took, though they are a big plant. Anyway, I wouldnt be surprised if we make it past 2013 or 14.

I'll bet ya. There is no way that SRP will be closed within 10 months. Just not gonna happen. Look how long Indy took, though they are a big plant. Anyway, I wouldnt be surprised if we make it past 2013 or 14.

How many times I gota tell you people, SRP, SALINE and others will not be closed SRP is making 10 million a year in profit, why the hell would you close it? Same with saline, with all the problems going on in saline they still make a profit on their IP's.. Why sell it???

Economics 101..

Edited by sanduskyman

SRP is making 10 million a year in profit, why the hell would you close it?

Monroe was making more than that when it was taken over by ACH. It still closed. I hope all current plants go back to Blue, but don't think because it is making a profit that that is the only determining factor.

• 4 weeks later...

I meant to post this a couple weeks ago however I am just getting around to it.

We received a handout a while ago that showed the jackets that we would be getting from our Union. On the backside of the paper there was a note from our Head Committeeman. It was urging all Ford employees to find a transfer site within the next three or so months. I am a new-hire orange ACH employee and have a few questions.

1. What the hell is going on? Is our plant going to close, do they have inside information, should I begin searching for another job?

2. What will this do if the plant stays open. Will it affect ACH employees?

3. Will there be a Union for ACH employees or does the Union leave with the Ford poeple?

4. What is going on at ACH Sandusky!!!!?!

I meant to post this a couple weeks ago however I am just getting around to it.

We received a handout a while ago that showed the jackets that we would be getting from our Union. On the backside of the paper there was a note from our Head Committeeman. It was urging all Ford employees to find a transfer site within the next three or so months. I am a new-hire orange ACH employee and have a few questions.

1. What the hell is going on? Is our plant going to close, do they have inside information, should I begin searching for another job?

2. What will this do if the plant stays open. Will it affect ACH employees?

3. Will there be a Union for ACH employees or does the Union leave with the Ford poeple?

4. What is going on at ACH Sandusky!!!!?!

ACH was formed to sell or close 22 facilities that Ford got back from Visteon. Best guess is that there is someone talking to Ford about buying the Sandusky plant.

IF the plant is sold you will become employees of the company that buys the plant. TYPICALLY when a plant is sold the union still retains bargining rights for the workers staying with the plant.

You are seeing SOME of the union people leaving for Cleveland engine now. Not all Ford employees will leave for plants that fly the blue oval.

Given the fact that we are in the process of buying six new molding machines and associated equipment ($15 to $20 million) to run the nex generation of the Escape I do not think that Sandusky will close. You will see these machines arrive in the May to July time frame.

• 6 months later...

i work at dtp my nephew worked at sheldon road from 2006 till july 2008 as an orange temporary employee making 14.00 bucks an hour. he quit to take a full time job somewhere for a lil less money becuase they were told him that the plant was closing at the end of the year 2008.was this true ? is sheldon road still open?

i work at dtp my nephew worked at sheldon road from 2006 till july 2008 as an orange temporary employee making 14.00 bucks an hour. he quit to take a full time job somewhere for a lil less money becuase they were told him that the plant was closing at the end of the year 2008.was this true ? is sheldon road still open?

Sheldon road is still open...but who knows for how long. Ford IS selling all ACH plants, its simply a matter of time.

A French company has purchased Saline, the Ford employees will be out of there in the near future. I have not heard anything about any pending action at Sheldon Road, but Ford does want it gone.

Sheldon road is still open...but who knows for how long. Ford IS selling all ACH plants, its simply a matter of time.

A French company has purchased Saline, the Ford employees will be out of there in the near future. I have not heard anything about any pending action at Sheldon Road, but Ford does want it gone.

Saline is under an MOU, It has NOT been sold.