Who to contact at Ford re: adding the 3.5L Ecoboost to the Explorer for 2012

As an American male in his late twenties with a 7-month-old baby, I am interested in a new vehicle within the next 10-12 months. I like the Explorer; however, I think the current engine choices are weak (read: feminine), especially compared to the Durango V8, Jeep V8, 4Runner V6 (i.e. compared to the Explorer's direct competition). The ironic thing is that Ford has the solution right under their noses--the V6 EcoBoost engine, but, near as I can tell, there are no plans to offer it for the 2012 MY. This is a huge mistake in my opinion, and I can guarantee you that I won't be driving an Explorer unless the V6 EcoBoost is an option for 2012.

I want the extra torque/speed/driving experience that a turbocharged engine offers, and the family goes to the week (towing a boat) nearly every other weekend.

It's too bad that the Explorer SHO rumors were quashed, because I think that would've been an awesome vehicle in the $40,000-50,000 range.

Does anyone have an email contact at Ford that I can express my recommendation to? It is my understanding, for example, that the Raptor SuperCrew was only built for 2011 because of folks contacting Ford telling them that they want a Raptor but have a family, etc. There is no reason that Ford couldn't offer the V6 EcoBoost for 2012, and I know I am not alone in that I will purchase a competing vehicle to the Explorer unless it's offered.

I certainly think it's a possibility that it will be offered in the future, but I think in the near term Ford's focus with the Explorer is economy, so first up will be the 2.0 EB. I would also hope that the 3.5 EB makes an appearance down the road, but it may not be for another full year or two.

You can post your suggestion in our Ford Executives & Management section here: http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/12-ford-executives-management/. It is known to be checked regularly by Ford, so they'll see it if you post it.

As an American male in his late twenties with a 7-month-old baby, I am interested in a new vehicle within the next 10-12 months. I like the Explorer; however, I think the current engine choices are weak (read: feminine), especially compared to the Durango V8, Jeep V8, 4Runner V6 (i.e. compared to the Explorer's direct competition). The ironic thing is that Ford has the solution right under their noses--the V6 EcoBoost engine, but, near as I can tell, there are no plans to offer it for the 2012 MY. This is a huge mistake in my opinion, and I can guarantee you that I won't be driving an Explorer unless the V6 EcoBoost is an option for 2012.

I want the extra torque/speed/driving experience that a turbocharged engine offers, and the family goes to the week (towing a boat) nearly every other weekend.

It's too bad that the Explorer SHO rumors were quashed, because I think that would've been an awesome vehicle in the $40,000-50,000 range.

Does anyone have an email contact at Ford that I can express my recommendation to? It is my understanding, for example, that the Raptor SuperCrew was only built for 2011 because of folks contacting Ford telling them that they want a Raptor but have a family, etc. There is no reason that Ford couldn't offer the V6 EcoBoost for 2012, and I know I am not alone in that I will purchase a competing vehicle to the Explorer unless it's offered.

the flex has the eco boost, and more room inside! although towing a 28 foot boat, i am thinking fseries, how much does that thing weigh?

Edited by EdselBryantFord

You didn't say if you need the off-road capability but why not a Ecoboost powered Flex? We have one with the towing package you can tow 4500 pounds.

The styling is polarizing I know but we really like ours. The Ecoboost is amazing!

Eric

I think it boils down to personal tastes...I like both of them, but I'd give the Edge (no pun intended LOL) to the Explorer....but it also brand new over the Flex.

As an American male in his late twenties with a 7-month-old baby...

what do you actually tow?

A 28 ft. Sea Ray boat. I'd like the extra EcoBoost power.

A 7 month old plus a boat equals not much lake time...I speak from experience. :)

I too want an Explorer SHO that I would also use to tow a boat (22 ft Taho Q7SF). I know the squashed the Explorer SHO rumor, but they also squashed the "Mercury is closing" rumors, right up until it was closed. ;)