times up for 70 plus at saline

ypsiford4605

77 more people being forced to dtp starting 4/25/11. senority going back to dec of 99. do they really need these people? gotta do what i gotta do but damn what am i to expect when i get there. is it really time to start going back to school on the company bill and look for something else. or are all the bitch moaning and groaning i here about that place just way over stated?

77 more people being forced to dtp starting 4/25/11. senority going back to dec of 99. do they really need these people? gotta do what i gotta do but damn what am i to expect when i get there. is it really time to start going back to school on the company bill and look for something else. or are all the bitch moaning and groaning i here about that place just way over stated?

Its overstated as you say...At least you will get to work four days on and three off. And yes we are short people at DTP..good luck

You get paid to do what your suppoose to do at DTP and that is WORK!!!!!!

That is exactly right! It's a place where they expect you to work, god forbid. Your going to work 10.7 hrs period. Compared to Saline it will be hell for ya. But those straight from assembly should be fine. You will be put on a job and that will be your job unitil you get a bid or retire. If you have less than 16-17 years, don't expect to get a good bid. I'm personally glad dtp has the reputation it does because it keeps the super high seniority away due to real WORK. That's my take on it. I happen to like dtp because it's the most job secure place I have worked in the ford system, which is the most important thing to really consider rather than, "is really as bad as they say", or "I have to actually work" or "I hear the jobs suck" or "I hear you have to walk up steps, down a mezzanine, down more steps just to get to my job." Suck it people, after all, it's 30 an hour. Frickn pansy asses.

• Like 2

Ahhh, don't believe the formans and managers that come in here and post.

When you get to DTP, you might as well grab a pass to medical right off the bat the first day and go out on a 12 month medical.

You do not get paid enough for the work they make you do there. Try lifting 8 1/2 foot steel quarter panels from a rack to a machine and build parts, or try loading 60 pound doors to the door line while you make bolts, put stickers on, stick sound dedner in the doors, and put 4 bolts in the machines (x2) running back and forth between 20 feet of space trying to keep up with a line moving 1 truck every 50 secs.

Its a joke, and the reason why DTP needs people (and body you will go) is because they put out most people that can't do the jobs.

Whatever you do, don't put up with any harassment, and the worst thing about this place is that management and supervision give team leaders incentives to ratt people out and get them in trouble, and some will go to the extent of making stories up to get you time off.

There was even a team leader meeting on Jan 14th that the union guys sat in on, and management told them, to do whatever they have to do to keep people working, and that if anyone can't do the jobs to come and tell supervision and get them sent out.

I am tempted to post the team leader's names in here but I won't you'll find out for yourself soon enough.

If dtp is getting people I expect the majority will be sent to truck and body shop, the turn over rates are high there.

You may work only 4 days a week over there, but I would rather work 6 days a week at ACH then 4 at DTP.

If your out of shape and fat, you will not be able to do any of the jobs they give you in Body shop, and they nor medical do not care.

If anyone wants to know more about Body shop spicificly with managers and supervisors, and how to combat the BS they do to you, please email me at watkins3752 at yahoo dot com, or visit this blog at

dtp-rouge-issues.blogspot dot com

If you run into trouble in there, I will tell you how to get out of it, cause the union in there is no good and all you can do is know your own rights and fight for yourself.

Document everything that happens everyday between yourself and supervision once they start putting the pen to paper, voice record every hearing or meeting or floor conversation. Remember you don't have to tell anyone your recording them if your just using it for your records. Cause they will not allow you to record them if you ask. Document and record everything!!!! I really mean it!.

HR is no good either in terms of No tolerance policy, it benefits the company and not the employee.

Have fun at DTP!

Chucky you are a loser...

• Like 2

Pretty easy to say when your sitting on a hi-lo every day not doing any real work according to your username.

Yes you work 10.7 hrs per day and even most days you don't work that long, but the work in there does not fit the pay for sure.

I guarantee you load door for 2 days and you're ass will be dragging for the rest of the days + the days you have off.

Oh Wait! summer time.. They have no fans? and you also work on wood floors or concrete. I forgot about that one.

Also YOU TALK ABOUT BID??? what bids?? there are no bids for Body shop, and they have this rule that if your in body shop you can't bid on any jobs in another plant like truck, or stamping or engine. They have it so you get fucked and that you certainly do stay in there.

I don't care how much you get per hour, this place sucks. Take the buy out go back to school I say, get the funk out.

If your going to DTP this week guys please send me an email so I can talk to you!.

I wouldnt send him an email OR click on his links...Chucky is very computer saavy and will hack your computer

• Like 1

If you are coming from assembly, or have worked assembly in the past, it is not so bad.

Pretty equivalent to the jobs i did at Wixom and AAI.

Seniority is steadily rising there as more and more people get put here, but there are some good jobs to be had especially if you don't mind working on B or C crew (yuck)

• Like 2

If you are coming from assembly, or have worked assembly in the past, it is not so bad.

Pretty equivalent to the jobs i did at Wixom and AAI.

Seniority is steadily rising there as more and more people get put here, but there are some good jobs to be had especially if you don't mind working on B or C crew (yuck)

You can hold day shift in trim if you have October 98 or better seniority

When you get to DTP, you might as well grab a pass to medical right off the bat the first day and go out on a 12 month medical.

You do not get paid enough for the work they make you do there. Try lifting 8 1/2 foot steel quarter panels from a rack to a machine and build parts, or try loading 60 pound doors to the door line while you make bolts, put stickers on, stick sound dedner in the doors, and put 4 bolts in the machines (x2) running back and forth between 20 feet of space trying to keep up with a line moving 1 truck every 50 secs.

Its a joke, and the reason why DTP needs people (and body you will go) is because they put out most people that can't do the jobs.

Whatever you do, don't put up with any harassment, and the worst thing about this place is that management and supervision give team leaders incentives to ratt people out and get them in trouble, and some will go to the extent of making stories up to get you time off.

There was even a team leader meeting on Jan 14th that the union guys sat in on, and management told them, to do whatever they have to do to keep people working, and that if anyone can't do the jobs to come and tell supervision and get them sent out.

I am tempted to post the team leader's names in here but I won't you'll find out for yourself soon enough.

If dtp is getting people I expect the majority will be sent to truck and body shop, the turn over rates are high there.

You may work only 4 days a week over there, but I would rather work 6 days a week at ACH then 4 at DTP.

If your out of shape and fat, you will not be able to do any of the jobs they give you in Body shop, and they nor medical do not care.

If anyone wants to know more about Body shop spicificly with managers and supervisors, and how to combat the BS they do to you, please email me at watkins3752 at yahoo dot com, or visit this blog at

dtp-rouge-issues.blogspot dot com

If you run into trouble in there, I will tell you how to get out of it, cause the union in there is no good and all you can do is know your own rights and fight for yourself.

Document everything that happens everyday between yourself and supervision once they start putting the pen to paper, voice record every hearing or meeting or floor conversation. Remember you don't have to tell anyone your recording them if your just using it for your records. Cause they will not allow you to record them if you ask. Document and record everything!!!! I really mean it!.

HR is no good either in terms of No tolerance policy, it benefits the company and not the employee.

Have fun at DTP!

All true, becarefull who you trust. When I was there the people around me through me under the bus. And the team leader whould say one thing to you and then tell the boss you are not trying on the job and he will write you up.

Only good guy there is Chad .

Edited by uawfactoryrat

Pretty easy to say when your sitting on a hi-lo every day not doing any real work according to your username.

Yes you work 10.7 hrs per day and even most days you don't work that long, but the work in there does not fit the pay for sure.

I guarantee you load door for 2 days and you're ass will be dragging for the rest of the days + the days you have off.

Oh Wait! summer time.. They have no fans? and you also work on wood floors or concrete. I forgot about that one.

Also YOU TALK ABOUT BID??? what bids?? there are no bids for Body shop, and they have this rule that if your in body shop you can't bid on any jobs in another plant like truck, or stamping or engine. They have it so you get fucked and that you certainly do stay in there.

I don't care how much you get per hour, this place sucks. Take the buy out go back to school I say, get the funk out.

If your going to DTP this week guys please send me an email so I can talk to you!.

Just wondering if you take pictures and hand out badges. I can only wish I drove a forklift at this time. They don't have fans but the facility is a climate controled facility. I'm not saying it's AC but I got there last June and it was hot but nothing, I mean nothing like St. Louis or even AAI with fans. Experiment: go outside in 90 degree weather this summer and go back inside dtp, you will feel the difference. It's (dtp) just not that bad. Yes you do work on wood or concrete but what would you prefer? Really? Seriously? I'm almost afraid to ask that. It's still thirty an hour and it's no picnic (parts plant). Buyout, your joking right? I hope your able to get out, I really am, because I bet there are people who'd give there front teeth for thirty, better yet, temps. in there right now, willing to take your spot. So good luck with that buyout and school. Like I said, if your coming from assembly, nothing will surprise you about the work at dtp. Just keep in mind how to perform a job at a comfortable pace and if your running, it's your own fault. I'm done with this topic and moving on. DTP works for me and to some it doesn't, but it boils down to how you approach it. Just be positive. Straight, no chaser.

WOW People that work at DTP must be the only Ford employees that work hard everyday

Is it easy in any Ford Plant STFU Fucking Crybabies :hysterical:

Crybabies? Really? Someone from kcap calling us crybabies. Don't be mad. It's was in the best interest of the company to take over certain models. Ouch! Sometimes I hit too hard. Straight up, no ice, no chaser. Just how I roll. Keep it straight.

Yeah truck plant and body shop have AC but it doesn't help you when your working a poor ergonomic type of job running back and forth all night trying to keep up with the work of a 1.5 - 2 person job. These jobs at Body are not fun, and those 70 people in April that are going to dtp, remember your replacing people that have been out for disciplined, medical or even terminated.

There is a guy at Saline that can't come to work, has a drug problem, got fired and they made him go to rehab to come back, he came back in 1 month, he's had an attendance problem there for over 2 years. He's a company suck up so they give him chance after chance.

There are many people at dtp with attendance problems, and 90% of the reason is because they can't do the work and they don't want to work there.

again, if your being transfered so that your plant can make money with temps, then your fucked!

We as union membership need to picket and strike to get rid of these 2nd 3rd (whatever) tier wages they have and start sending people back to their plants. These people should have the right to go back, this temp thing is a big problem, and it's only allowing these remaining parts plants to make 40% more in millions per year off the backs of the low pay temps. The older people can't work these jobs down town, let the younger new people go downtown and give the seniority workers the rights to go back to their parts plants if they want too.

If people had any mind at all they would picket the Solidarity house to get rid of the low tier wages.

If ford can hire 7,000 new jobs, then they are doing well and have money. Hire 3,000 and get rid of the low tier wages and make everyone ford again!. It's what this union body should be doing.

I told local 600 that it's going to come to a point in time where the membership is going to strike and picket for them to make things right with us, and it won't be against the company that pays us, it's going to be against the UAW and the non leadership they bring to the table for the workers.

The unrest is everywhere people, mark the words in this post it will happen.

King also is no good for this company. We need the ability and the right to vote for top level union leaders. There should be no more free appointments to jobs like UAW president and VP's on down. Every job should be an elected one.

Chucky you are a little baby. The Union HATES you as does the company because you are a shitty employee who is NEVER happy and complains no matter what job you are put on. Whu dont you take a buyout if you hate it so much? They hated you at Saline too dumbass....LOSER

• Like 2

DTP isn't all that bad. Just as long as you work (& actually try to do the job you are put on) you should be fine. As far as the climate control that's crap it only feels good if ur on certain jobs by the blowers. I'd rather have fans it makes a world of difference at least u havea breeze. A lot of people buy personal fans and bring them in. If you know your rights and aren't a lazy Fu@k. You should be fine. Cuz management will try to get over on you.

Use the fucking hoists provided Chucky.

People wonder why jobs get cut, besides automation its short cuts like these that cut jobs plain and simple.

Edited by lquidspine