Mustang GT production time frame

So I have a complain issued to Ford Motor Company, I stated that it is not the dealer I have the issue it is Ford direct! When I first purchased my car I was told there was a $1,500 rebate and now there is none along with the lengthly time to produce and deliver a car. They called me back and are trying to do somthing for me plus there interest rates bite. I got financing from my own bank at a much better rate.

Now I was told thru my window sticker the car was going into Production on 4/14 and delivery date of 4/29 Well Ford is telling me the car is already in production but it's completion is 4/29 not delivery. Then it wil have to be shipped so I am looking mid may.

Is that possible?? 2.5 weeks to build a car then 2 weeks to deliver? No wonder the Big 3 are in trouble, there output SUCKS if this is true. I did somthing like that in my business I'd be out of a job!!!!!

• Like 1

Is that possible?? 2.5 weeks to build a car then 2 weeks to deliver? No wonder the Big 3 are in trouble, there output SUCKS if this is true. I did somthing like that in my business I'd be out of a job!!!!!

Keep in mind that Ford isn't only building YOUR car...they are building thousands of other cars with your car.

As for travel time, lets see...figure a couple days at the plant waiting for truck transport to the train,some more to get loaded on the train then another couple more to go from MI to a distrubrution point, then repeat the process till it gets picked up and delivered to the dealership. Then figure at least 2-3 days at the dealership (depending how busy they are and how much of a PIA you are) to prep the car for you...thus why it takes so long.

Building and shipping a car isn't like buying a TV on amazon and getting it shipped via Fed Ex/UPS or delevery truck.

I put in an order for a 98 Mustang GT back in September 1997 and didn't get the car till the end of October..and that was with insiders pushing up my sechuling for me..my old man asked a couple favors from a guy he worked with at the Edison Plant who in turn contacted the guy who worked old Mustang Plant. My current GT was ordered Mid December 2005 and I didn't get it till March 2006...

2007 I ordered a BMW 335i and it came from Germany in a month and a half, they were not just building my car and it came over sea’s not flatrock!!!!!! So I am not buying that it needs to take that long to produce a car but I guess for Ford it does. It is what it is and my question was, does this sound correct and I guess it is normal. I’m not looking to start fights at all, I just want my new car that I have been waiting for so again it is what it is but just sounded a bit off to me.

So I have a complain issued to Ford Motor Company, I stated that it is not the dealer I have the issue it is Ford direct! When I first purchased my car I was told there was a $1,500 rebate and now there is none along with the lengthly time to produce and deliver a car. They called me back and are trying to do somthing for me plus there interest rates bite. I got financing from my own bank at a much better rate.

Now I was told thru my window sticker the car was going into Production on 4/14 and delivery date of 4/29 Well Ford is telling me the car is already in production but it's completion is 4/29 not delivery. Then it wil have to be shipped so I am looking mid may.

If it goes into production on the 14th it will be finished on the 14th. The 29th is most likely your ETA for the dealership.

AAI has had some down time due to an engine shortage for the 3.7 and 5.0. Ford decided that they needed them to go to F-150 production so that may explain some of the time issue to actually build the car. Keep in mind also there is a national rail car shortage which is causing delays for all the car companies.

I completly understand that there has been a shortage on parts and shipping also is not next day like Fedex LOL but when they told me the car was going to take from the 14th to the 29th for production then it has to be shipped I almost CHOKED!!!!!!!!!!! I am more understanding if the car go's into production today and arrives on the 29th or even into the first week of May but 2.5 weeks to just build the thing is INSANE!!!!!!!!!!

My other post on this disappeared, but here is the short version.

Your car is not going to take two and a half weeks to build, but it is going to sit on the assembly line unfinished over that time. When the plant is down, the unfinished units are not removed.

It only take around 20 hours total to build the car if the line is continuously running.

My other post on this disappeared, but here is the short version.

Your car is not going to take two and a half weeks to build, but it is going to sit on the assembly line unfinished over that time. When the plant is down, the unfinished units are not removed.

It only take around 20 hours total to build the car if the line is continuously running.

Why is the plant being shut down?

AAI has had some down time due to an engine shortage for the 3.7 and 5.0. Ford decided that they needed them to go to F-150 production so that may explain some of the time issue to actually build the car. Keep in mind also there is a national rail car shortage which is causing delays for all the car companies.

Detroit papers a few days ago reported that Big 3 vehicles are stacked up in storage lots all over town waiting to be shipped at future date. Going down Michigan Av. a few days ago outside of downtown Dearborn, once empty Ford lots along Michigan were brimming with new F-150's sitting there with no place to to. Michigan State Fairgrounds are also brimming with new vehicles parked for probably weeks on end.

Commodity issues and the fact that the most recent reports show a 116 day supply of Mustang's, mostly 2011's. The rail car shortage has existed for some time now.

Add in the faulty Chinese manual trans in new Mustang. I hope Ford engineers are in China tearing apart those trans and coming up with manufacturing fixes on line.