2012 Focus Order Status

GaryG

Do you know if the Michigan assembly plant is closing down for 2 weeks beginning July 4th? I'm afraid If this is the case my cat won't get to me on july 18. Can you please tell me the status of the car? Vin # 1FAHP3N28CL193307.

Edited by dolphsky25

In this case, ETIS is right. It's an automatic, not a 5-speed.

Can you explain why VIN details would be incorrect on the ETIS site? I have used this site for both my North American and Europe assembled Focus and have not seen inaccurate features listed or not listed.

I know you mentioned it is incorrect because it is a Ford Europe based site, but why do you think it would give false info, who would load the false info and for what purpose?

I find it much more informative then the VIN checking or window sticker tools set up by Ford North America.

Got a call from the dealer today and they said Good and Bad news (well i knew the bad news) "Good News is the car is in, bad news is its an Automatic, we can sell you this car or order another" I told em to order me another, I want the right car.... and when you want a Stick, an Auto wont do. :happy feet: :happy feet:

Hope you get your SE with Sport Package order accepted before the "delete sport suspension" from SE Sport Package feature is activated.

The revised 2012 Focus order guide was dated July 01, 2011 so I would assume when the factory is back in action after the summer break the SE Sport Package will have been nuetered.

Hope you get your SE with Sport Package order accepted before the "delete sport suspension" from SE Sport Package feature is activated.

The revised 2012 Focus order guide was dated July 01, 2011 so I would assume when the factory is back in action after the summer break the SE Sport Package will have been nuetered.

im so glad i didnt order that sport package crap. see now it would have been a waste of money seeing as they are discontinuing it now. must have had problems with it?

Just for reference - my daughter's Ingot Silver SEL hatch came in over the weekend. It was ordered on 5/31 and came in Friday or Saturday - less than 5 weeks start to finish including a rail trip from Michigan to Atlanta. It was much earlier than I expected (No Navigation or MyFordTouch).

It's a fantastic little car.

Hello!

I'm from FF and I've been lurking around here for a while (nice forum here :)).

My dealer called and said my car is due to arrive tomorrow morning.

Can you please confirm ( don't want to get my hopes up!).

Thanks!

1FAHP3J25CL188426

*NEVERMIND* Picked it up yesterday. :) Thanks!

Edited by me2000

I received my Focus today after ordering June 1st. My delivery date varied from 7/11 to 7/15 and ended up splitting the difference. Here are a couple quick pics for your viewing pleasure.

Pioneer, thanks once again for all your help with everyone on here. The information made the wait more bearable.

post-44999-0-74725100-1310622883_thumb.jpg

post-44999-0-41676100-1310622891_thumb.jpg

post-44999-0-11525300-1310622899_thumb.jpg

Hi Guy’s, I wonder if you would be so kind as to look over my post and let me know if this information is accurate. I have been reading up on following my new focus during the order and build process. Rather than ask everyone the same question fifty times, this is what I have been able to gather:

1. “Dora” sheet – Dora sheet is given to sign off on the exact options that are desired. Typically given or faxed to the customer within a day or two of placing the order.

2. Order #, Dealer Code, Priority # - Found on the Dora sheet.*

1-9 reserved for Ford executives, corporate use

10-19 customer orders

20+ dealer inventory

The priority is assigned to the order up front before allocation. It's simply a way for the dealer to prioritize certain orders over other orders. E.g. the first customer order for that dealer each month gets a priority 10. The next order gets 11, the next one 12 and so on up to 19. When Ford pulls orders for your dealer, they get a list of all available orders (ones that do not have a material hold due to a parts shortage, etc.) and they're built in reverse order of priority so the 10 gets built first, followed by 11, 12, etc. until the allocation runs out or all the orders are filled. Then the dealer stock orders get built after that because they are higher priority.*

3. Allocation – Dealer allocations are done typically on Thursday’s.

4. Vin # - Dealer’s should have the Vin#’s after the allocation and depending on your priority. Times are ranging from 2 weeks to 4 weeks. If the dealers don’t have the Vin #, you can call Ford customer service at 800-392-3673, they should be able to give you the Vin # once it has been assigned.

5. Window Stickers – Should be available a few days to weeks after the Vin # is assigned. Window stickers can be found using the following link: http://researchmaniacs.com/Ford/TrackFactoryCarOrders.html

6. Build Date – Build date is on the top left corner of the window sticker. It is the large four-digit BLEND number. For example, if it appears as 120110426, then the build date is April 26th, 2011. The production date and ship date do not appear on the window sticker.

7. Tracking Info – Please read these rules before posting for tracking information. The tracking information is kindly provided to us by a fellow member, respect his wishes!! Post tracking requests here.

Any corrections or applicable information would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance for your time!

Rhonda

* Information updated per akirby, many thanks!

Edited by forsche

I received my Focus today after ordering June 1st. My delivery date varied from 7/11 to 7/15 and ended up splitting the difference. Here are a couple quick pics for your viewing pleasure.

Pioneer, thanks once again for all your help with everyone on here. The information made the wait more bearable.

lucky...you just got in before the summer plant shutdown. Ordered mine 10days after you, still waiting for it :cry:

2. Order #, Dealer Code - Order number and dealer code should be ready shortly after the car has been ordered. Ask your local dealer for this information.

This should be on the DORA.

3. Allocation and Priority # – Dealer allocations are done typically on Thursday’s. Once the allocation is done you should know your priority number. The priority signifies your place in line:

1-9 reserved for Ford executives, corporate use

10-19 customer orders

20+ dealer inventory

The priority is assigned to the order up front before allocation. It's not "your place in line" - it's simply a way for the dealer to prioritize certain orders over other orders. E.g. the first customer order for that dealer each month gets a priority 10. The next order gets 11, the next one 12 and so on up to 19. When Ford pulls orders for your dealer, they get a list of all available orders (ones that do not have a material hold due to a parts shortage, etc.) and they're built in reverse order of priority so the 10 gets built first, followed by 11, 12, etc. until the allocation runs out or all the orders are filled. Then the dealer stock orders get built after that because they are higher priority.

If every order has the same priority then it's random as to the order they get built. You should ask for a 10 priority unless the dealer is using the system I described to prioritize the orders first in first out.

Thanks so much for your input akirby! Much appreciated.

I was not sure if the correct order # was given on the my dora form. As my dora form had these numbers:

order # 0000 (strange number I thought)

dealer F24217

priority was 10.

Thanks so much for your input akirby! Much appreciated.

I was not sure if the correct order # was given on the my dora form. As my dora form had these numbers:

order # 0000 (strange number I thought)

dealer F24217

priority was 10.

Sounds like they didn't actually put in the order and just ran a pricing sheet, but that's just a guess on my part. I know mine had the order number on it and I got it the day the order was actually placed.

Sounds like they didn't actually put in the order and just ran a pricing sheet, but that's just a guess on my part. I know mine had the order number on it and I got it the day the order was actually placed.

I think your spot on and that's what I was thinking as well. I emailed my salesperson so let's see what I get back...thanks so much for your time.