2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8

Anthony

I have to give it to Chrysler on this one, this batch of SRT-8 sedans/coupes is very well done. They may not be perfect or everyone's styling cup of tea, but, you're going to be hard pressed to find a better combination of attributes for better money. Yes, the challenger will still get trumped by the Camaro and Mustang, but, then again, neither of those is a roomy inside or as comfortable for the long haul. It plays in the same band, but sells to a different drummer. If I had the dough just laying around, I'd likely have the new SRT-8 Charger or 300. RWD, big V8 power and sound, decent mpg and a comfortable interior. What's not to appreciate? I'd definitely take the SRt-8 over the SHO.

I always found the 300 to be big and bulky, but it is even more so now! Just to comment on Chrysler, they sure seem to know how to spend a great deal of money, but the question is, do they have any left? Anyone want to start a car pool to predict when they will go bankrupt again?

I always found the 300 to be big and bulky, but it is even more so now! Just to comment on Chrysler, they sure seem to know how to spend a great deal of money, but the question is, do they have any left? Anyone want to start a car pool to predict when they will go bankrupt again?

So they are not supposed to update the vehicles they have and at same time start developing smaller, more fuel efficient ones? Chrysler also needed a global partner after Daimler left and now they have one in Fiat. And Daimler still supplies parts to Chrysler vehicles. Chrysler is strong where Ford is weak and vice versa. Choice is good and thank God Chrysler is still around and morale is up in Auburn Hills after Cerberus fiasco.

So they are not supposed to update the vehicles they have and at same time start developing smaller, more fuel efficient ones?

I'd say that getting smaller cars out is far more important then getting updated cars out..selling 400HP sedans isn't going to "save" the company.

• Like 1

I'd say that getting smaller cars out is far more important then getting updated cars out..selling 400HP sedans isn't going to "save" the company.

All things being equal, you are correct. But coming out of bankruptcy, Chrysler needed to update what they had quickly with not a lot to spend, and did a hell of a job udating so many vehicles in just 18 months. Some better than others, but still very impressive indeed. Now hopefully that bought them some time to go to work on bringing out all new, smaller vehicles that can get 40mpg or so. Certainly spiking fuel prices are working against them right now, but at least the 200 is a better vehicle and they are working on an all new Caliber. Spiking fuel prices hurt everyone, but certainly more Chrylser than Ford or GM. Chrylser gives us choice in that neither Ford nor GM have much in the way of powerful RWD cars. particularly Ford. So unlike many on here who stand behind some form of pure capitalism that doesn't exist, I vote for Chrysler surviving and offering something that gives Americans more freedom...Choice. Charger, Challenger, 300, and GC, Durango are fine vehicles that no other manufacturer offers in such variety. Enjoy while it lasts.

I vote for Chrysler surviving and offering something that gives Americans more freedom...Choice. Charger, Challenger, 300, and GC, Durango are fine vehicles that no other manufacturer offers in such variety.

Of course you won't vote where it actually counts - with your check book.

Good God....you Ford fan boys are too much. Awesome, high performance RWD Chrysler 300 SRT V8 and pics are great along with vehicle. Chrysler is showing Ford in particular how to build a high performance sedan. Paying attention Ford?

Current vehicles:

2002 Ford Taurus SES Sport

2002 Porsche Boxster with 5 speed manual

Huh, say what? You clearly don't know me, otherwise if you did, you wouldn't have quoted my post and called me a "fan boy."

I like the blue oval, but I've bashed Ford plenty of times, and will continue to do so. Bashed them for what they did to the Explorer. For axing the Ranger. And I'm going to bash them in the future if I don't like their product or direction. And I'm going to bash other makes/models just the same if I don't like their product/direction.

So guess what, this 300 will get bashing from me. And like I've stated, the interior looks to be an upgrade, but that's easy to do compared to the craptastic interior they had on the previous generation. The exterior in my personal opinion, is worse than the outgoing model, especially the front & rear clips. Sure it's updated and refreshed, but was too cheap of an refresh with too little thought put into the exterior design elements. And while the performance numbers (including RWD aspect) are nice, that's only one item/area. I'm not a fan of an ugly go fast car with marginal build quality and reliability, just because it's RWD.

So unlike many on here who stand behind some form of pure capitalism that doesn't exist, I vote for Chrysler surviving and offering something that gives Americans more freedom...Choice. Charger, Challenger, 300, and GC, Durango are fine vehicles that no other manufacturer offers in such variety. Enjoy while it lasts.

Making crap out of more crap doesn't fix anything. If anything the updates where done half ass, just to do them and get them out the door since they weren't planning ahead back when they first came out to update them and replace them. This was VERY obivious with the half assed photoshopped photos they had in their PowerPoint presentations when they went hat in hand to Congress.

Like you said, enjoy it while it lasts..because its not...which isn't a smart way to run a business...

• Like 1