Kona Blue VS Sonic Blue

Evilcartman

I have a vista blue. Best way I could describe is sonic has more purple and kona is a touch darker than vista.

I have a 2003 Sonic Blue Cobra and I was curious if anyone has compared the Kona blue side by side with Sonic blue? I went to the local Ford dealer and I didn't see any Kona blue on any cars. I ordered a silver 2012 GT, but I'm curious about the blue.

Kona to me is a little darker but kinda gives off a couple different colors when the sun/light hits it in different ways. I test drove a 2012 Focus in Kona and it seemed to look like midnite blue metal flake in a shadow, a rich darker blue metal flake in med. light, and kinda a purplish blue metal flake in direct sun. Kinda cool....

Agreed, Kona is more darker across the board. My 2nd favorite of all the colors!

Latest news is that Sonic blue is coming back for Job 2, along with Sterling Grey for Mustangs. The order system now accepts orders in those colours, and SB is also available with the Boss!

Guh! Sterling Grey was my color of choice, but I wanted a 2012 and ordered Lava Red. Damn...

Latest news is that Sonic blue is coming back for Job 2, along with Sterling Grey for Mustangs. The order system now accepts orders in those colours, and SB is also available with the Boss!

Do you have any hard evidence of this 'Job 2' news or is this just a "I heard it from a guy that knows a guy..." thing? If so, any other Job 2 news?

What happened to this discussion? Doesn't anyone have some good information on this subject? What about Job 2 information? Are orders being placed now going to be vehicles built after the Job 2 start up? Shouldn't there be a new, updated order guide and brochure? Does anyone have links or information about any of this?

• 3 weeks later...

Do you have any hard evidence of this 'Job 2' news or is this just a "I heard it from a guy that knows a guy..." thing? If so, any other Job 2 news?

I've read this on several different Mustang forums and this has also been corroborated by a Ford employee on one of these forums as well as Ford customer service. Lava Red is "balanced out" (no Mustang orders will be scheduled with this color selected) and Kona Blue is going to be "balanced out" soon as well. Last I checked, KB orders were still scheduling as of last week. This is why they're bringing back SG and SB. Some pigments for both LR and KB are made in Japan, so obviously there's still issues getting stuff from there right now, hence the paint shortage of certain colors. Pretty certain that you can put an order in for these job 2 colors, but they won't build until job 2 starts obviously, which I'm guessing will be sometime in August.

I've read this on several different Mustang forums and this has also been corroborated by a Ford employee on one of these forums as well as Ford customer service. Lava Red is "balanced out" (no Mustang orders will be scheduled with this color selected) and Kona Blue is going to be "balanced out" soon as well. Last I checked, KB orders were still scheduling as of last week. This is why they're bringing back SG and SB. Some pigments for both LR and KB are made in Japan, so obviously there's still issues getting stuff from there right now, hence the paint shortage of certain colors. Pretty certain that you can put an order in for these job 2 colors, but they won't build until job 2 starts obviously, which I'm guessing will be sometime in August.

When will the Job 2 order guide be out? The Job 2 changes seem to still be a secret for most people?

When will the Job 2 order guide be out? The Job 2 changes seem to still be a secret for most people?

Don't know anything about when an updated order guide would be released unfortunately. I do know that job 2 for the 2011 Mustang started sometime in August of last year, so everything should be updated sometime next month I'd imagine.

Don't know anything about when an updated order guide would be released unfortunately. I do know that job 2 for the 2011 Mustang started sometime in August of last year, so everything should be updated sometime next month I'd imagine.

Not Offical from Ford but interesting.

http://www.donlen.com/fleet-management-industry-announcements.aspx

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

IMHO the blues go

Kona Blue

Sonic Blue

True Blue

Vista Blue

Vista is just week.

True blue wasn't bad.

Sonic is an awesome color.

I prefer the Kona blue. The Kona and Sonic both have a "Deepness" to them whereas the true and especially the vista do not. The thing I like about the Kona over the Sonic is I think it gets some variety in the different lights and especially at night.

• 6 months later...