Sheldon(Shady)rd.

jocam12

Sheldon Rd is one of the most dysfunctional facilities I ever worked in all my years at Ford...H.R walks the floor like vultures looking for dead carcassass to consume.My heart goes out to all who still remains there including the ACH workers who have no voice to protect them from such activities.You have H.R managers that sub on the line for the regular supervisors...how does that happen?...the union over there has NO POWER!!...I repeat NO POWER...and their only concern is for a very few that is in their click.The union stinks and they take advantage of ACH workers...in fact they help in the endeavors of H.R.You do as they say or you will be out of a job!...No one has integrity anymore including the UNION at SHADY rd.

Edited by jocam12

Is Jerry Carson still the Chairman there? this could be why you have such a shitty committee. Jerry in the past never showed up for work, nor did he even fight for anyone. These chairman all they care now about is saving their own job. You think ACH plants don't have power or do anything for anyone, try working in a Ford facility!!

The OP said something about HR people covering for supervisors, yes they are doing more with less, and these people are actually out to try and nail people. They work the line to see who's screwing around, who comes in late etc etc. Why not? they have nothing to do down in HR but sit back at their desk and talk on the phones all day to their friends and family. Some HR reps go to the bar with the Union people (Four Friends) after work at SRP also.

The Union at SRP was pretty much dismantled when the flow backs started. You then got a bunch of people in elected positions that know nothing about bargaining, writing grievances and fighting for people in a hearing. These people that were elected were people working on lines before the flow backs started 5 years ago and if not for the flow backs, they would have stayed on the lines because they had no experience or union education behind them whatsoever.

If you walk in the union office at SRP all you see is empty desks with family photos on them covering them which in my opinion if I was a chairman that shit wouldn't be happening, the only thing on those desks would be union books and grievance sheets and pens.

yes I agree there is too much BS going on in these ACH plants in the union office. People not showing up doing their jobs, Chairman's not holding anyone accountable for walking the floor on a regular basis. Nepotism and favoritism also among certain members and union people etc etc. I could go on for days.

Once all the high pay Ford people are out of the ACH plants, they will also get rid of the Union in those plants as well. It's coming as sure as I sit here.

If your one that has been head hunted, I feel sorry for you, and remember there is always more then one way to skin a cat.

Anytime your behind the 8 ball getting bent over the table, you simply pull a rabbit out of your hat..

Rabbits = Making up lies.

Because remember, when it comes down to "you or them" it's going to be your ass you can believe that.

Remember telling the truth in a hearing gets you nowhere. Anytime you want to get out of something in a hearing you just make up some off the wall lie about what your supervisor did and HR has no other option but to believe or entertain it. Stuff like this always puts a monkey wrench in the investigation they try and do on your ass.

Remember it does you know good to be the nice guy when it comes to your job!.

Listen to my advice and you won't go wrong.

There will be some others that come in and say stuff like "Abuse the system" this and that, but don't listen to those older ass people they know nothing about getting in hot water because they kiss so much ass and suck so much DI*K they never get in trouble.

And most of the time a union brother or sister gets in trouble for no reason, or the company can't prove or provide one.

remember play it smart...

have a nice summer, I'll see you on the other side like OZZY said!.

(Version 200.2)

Edited by kitten
  • Like 1

Is Jerry Carson still the Chairman there? this could be why you have such a shitty committee. Jerry in the past never showed up for work, nor did he even fight for anyone. These chairman all they care now about is saving their own job. You think ACH plants don't have power or do anything for anyone, try working in a Ford facility!!

The OP said something about HR people covering for supervisors, yes they are doing more with less, and these people are actually out to try and nail people. They work the line to see who's screwing around, who comes in late etc etc. Why not? they have nothing to do down in HR but sit back at their desk and talk on the phones all day to their friends and family. Some HR reps go to the bar with the Union people (Four Friends) after work at SRP also.

The Union at SRP was pretty much dismantled when the flow backs started. You then got a bunch of people in elected positions that know nothing about bargaining, writing grievances and fighting for people in a hearing. These people that were elected were people working on lines before the flow backs started 5 years ago and if not for the flow backs, they would have stayed on the lines because they had no experience or union education behind them whatsoever.

If you walk in the union office at SRP all you see is empty desks with family photos on them covering them which in my opinion if I was a chairman that shit wouldn't be happening, the only thing on those desks would be union books and grievance sheets and pens.

yes I agree there is too much BS going on in these ACH plants in the union office. People not showing up doing their jobs, Chairman's not holding anyone accountable for walking the floor on a regular basis. Nepotism and favoritism also among certain members and union people etc etc. I could go on for days.

Once all the high pay Ford people are out of the ACH plants, they will also get rid of the Union in those plants as well. It's coming as sure as I sit here.

If your one that has been head hunted, I feel sorry for you, and remember there is always more then one way to skin a cat.

Anytime your behind the 8 ball getting bent over the table, you simply pull a rabbit out of your hat..

Rabbits = Making up lies.

Because remember, when it comes down to "you or them" it's going to be your ass you can believe that.

Remember telling the truth in a hearing gets you nowhere. Anytime you want to get out of something in a hearing you just make up some off the wall lie about what your supervisor did and HR has no other option but to believe or entertain it. Stuff like this always puts a monkey wrench in the investigation they try and do on your ass.

Remember it does you know good to be the nice guy when it comes to your job!.

Listen to my advice and you won't go wrong.

There will be some others that come in and say stuff like "Abuse the system" this and that, but don't listen to those older ass people they know nothing about getting in hot water because they kiss so much ass and suck so much DI*K they never get in trouble.

And most of the time a union brother or sister gets in trouble for no reason, or the company can't prove or provide one.

remember play it smart...

have a nice summer, I'll see you on the other side like OZZY said!.

(Version 200.2)

Sheldon Rd is one of the most dysfunctional facilities I ever worked in all my years at Ford...H.R walks the floor like vultures looking for dead carcassass to consume.My heart goes out to all who still remains there including the ACH workers who have no voice to protect them from such activities.You have H.R managers that sub on the line for the regular supervisors...how does that happen?...the union over there has NO POWER!!...I repeat NO POWER...and their only concern is for a very few that is in their click.The union stinks and they take advantage of ACH workers...in fact they help in the endeavors of H.R.You do as they say or you will be out of a job!...No one has integrity anymore including the UNION at SHADY rd.

@ Kitten...AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always bring your cell phone in a hearing with you (hopefully you have a smart phone) and you can use the record function. Always record an HR hearing, remember you don't have to notify anyone your recording them, because chances are, they are recording you, and because neither recording can be admisable in court, it can however be admissible to the Union or local for investigation reasons.

HR reps will try and get you to fold under pressure after all they went to school and in most cases they are retired police officers that are trained or know how to read a person. Many companies hire people like this. We had a head hunter at Saline when I worked there, and it took a number of people to get her ass fired. We later found out she was moved to another plant. Their MO is to just slam you with time off.

But the main thing, always record the meeting. anytime someone from the company interviews me, I record it. This protect you because the Union isn't going too.

Always bring your cell phone in a hearing with you (hopefully you have a smart phone) and you can use the record function. Always record an HR hearing, remember you don't have to notify anyone your recording them, because chances are, they are recording you, and because neither recording can be admisable in court, it can however be admissible to the Union or local for investigation reasons.

HR reps will try and get you to fold under pressure after all they went to school and in most cases they are retired police officers that are trained or know how to read a person. Many companies hire people like this. We had a head hunter at Saline when I worked there, and it took a number of people to get her ass fired. We later found out she was moved to another plant. Their MO is to just slam you with time off.

But the main thing, always record the meeting. anytime someone from the company interviews me, I record it. This protect you because the Union isn't going too.

funny you should mention that...I always record conversations with H.R...I guess great minds think alike.Trust No ONE!!!

I agree with most of your statement. Sheldon Rd is a hostile place to work. The production numbers are not sustainable. Most of the jobs are way overloaded. The mixture of light and dark blue Ford employees plus the ACH employees payed a lesser rate creates a stressful atmosphere. The supervision is under a lot of pressure to get numbers from the remaining lines in that plant. Most of us that transferred on a temporary assignment from other facilities are watching the job posting and looking to get out of there. It looks like this is what we will all be faced with throughout the company in the coming years. Ford holds all the cards now and there is very little left to fight with. The real shame of it is that this was probably a real nice parts plant to work at just a few years ago. Think very carefully before you sign up for this plant if it is posted.

• Like 1

I agree with most of your statement. Sheldon Rd is a hostile place to work. The production numbers are not sustainable. Most of the jobs are way overloaded. The mixture of light and dark blue Ford employees plus the ACH employees payed a lesser rate creates a stressful atmosphere. The supervision is under a lot of pressure to get numbers from the remaining lines in that plant. Most of us that transferred on a temporary assignment from other facilities are watching the job posting and looking to get out of there. It looks like this is what we will all be faced with throughout the company in the coming years. Ford holds all the cards now and there is very little left to fight with. The real shame of it is that this was probably a real nice parts plant to work at just a few years ago. Think very carefully before you sign up for this plant if it is posted.

I have worked there until recently. You gave a very good, honest assessment of what its like. Labor Relations is about as anti-union as it comes. DTP sucks as a plant to work at, but honestly Labor is fair, and at least answers your questions with courtesy.You may not get the answer you want, but you know where you stand. Sheldon is you are guilty until proven innocent. But that is what they want, get out the strong union,and union workers and bring in the weak. Its a numbers game, and you are just that a number.

I probably will never see a strong Union like there was at Wixom ever again. Funny , I thought every place was like our Union. Boy, was I wrong!!!

Is it still possible for a place to elect a Chair that will go against his bosses and stand up to plant managers an, plant doctors , and Labor Relations. Not cut deals to save the save idiots, just make sure we don't get treated like Wal-Mart employees.

• Like 2

Who is the black guy in HR at SRP? if it's who I think it is, he is a head hunter. I forgot his name but he has been there about 20 years. If someone says his name I'll remember it. SRP 10 years ago yes used to be a good plant to work in before the temps came in and the Vistablow spin off happened. I hired in there in 95 and loved it. Made a lot of money in there and always had fun working with idiots. I was always able to get myself out of trouble when trouble came to me, because I know what to say and do when it comes to taking the "Dead Man Walking" path to the front HR office. Talking with retired people and learning the ropes from them really pays off when you get slammed by people up in HR. As for Doctors at SRP the doctors are now even paid less, the old doctors were moved to DTP. (OBOM) was one of them. Remember the fat ugly one what looked like a guy and was black. (yes) that's OBOM.

As for working with low pay workers at SRP, you need to really just sit and do your job and not talk to them. When I was there I had two people try and take me up front and lie for no reason just to get me time off. When I was at Diversified in Dearborn I had a black temp worker accuse me of calling him the "N" word when I didn't and because the union was black, they went ahead and made up another excuse to give me time off cause local 600 is very shady and full of black people that don't like US white people that come from ACH suburb plants. I had a black supervisor at Diversified tell me he didn't like SRP people coming into his plant cause "WE don't like to work". He got fired from (Tire and Wheel).

I loved working at SRP, I would take hi-lo grease from the hi-lo garage put in in a news paper and roll it up and walk over to the offices with it near AO and whipe the grease on the door knobs. I'd also put it on my hands and cup my hands and go up to the HR office and whipe it there. Another great place to whipe it is on the attendance office door knob in the main hall way going down to towards the weight room!. lol

Then the best thing you can do is on you lunch break walk by the pack out areas of the lines that are down that still have parts in their pack out and pull vacume hoses out. Make sure nobody sees you and don't worry there are no cameras anywhere in the plant in work areas. It never hurts to pull out a hose or two, especially when you get 3 days off for something, I normally walk around and create havoc.

Who is the black guy in HR at SRP? if it's who I think it is, he is a head hunter. I forgot his name but he has been there about 20 years. If someone says his name I'll remember it. SRP 10 years ago yes used to be a good plant to work in before the temps came in and the Vistablow spin off happened. I hired in there in 95 and loved it. Made a lot of money in there and always had fun working with idiots. I was always able to get myself out of trouble when trouble came to me, because I know what to say and do when it comes to taking the "Dead Man Walking" path to the front HR office. Talking with retired people and learning the ropes from them really pays off when you get slammed by people up in HR. As for Doctors at SRP the doctors are now even paid less, the old doctors were moved to DTP. (OBOM) was one of them. Remember the fat ugly one what looked like a guy and was black. (yes) that's OBOM.

As for working with low pay workers at SRP, you need to really just sit and do your job and not talk to them. When I was there I had two people try and take me up front and lie for no reason just to get me time off. When I was at Diversified in Dearborn I had a black temp worker accuse me of calling him the "N" word when I didn't and because the union was black, they went ahead and made up another excuse to give me time off cause local 600 is very shady and full of black people that don't like US white people that come from ACH suburb plants. I had a black supervisor at Diversified tell me he didn't like SRP people coming into his plant cause "WE don't like to work". He got fired from (Tire and Wheel).

I loved working at SRP, I would take hi-lo grease from the hi-lo garage put in in a news paper and roll it up and walk over to the offices with it near AO and whipe the grease on the door knobs. I'd also put it on my hands and cup my hands and go up to the HR office and whipe it there. Another great place to whipe it is on the attendance office door knob in the main hall way going down to towards the weight room!. lol

Then the best thing you can do is on you lunch break walk by the pack out areas of the lines that are down that still have parts in their pack out and pull vacume hoses out. Make sure nobody sees you and don't worry there are no cameras anywhere in the plant in work areas. It never hurts to pull out a hose or two, especially when you get 3 days off for something, I normally walk around and create havoc.

Really?!?! I can't believe I just read that. Just wasted 3 minutes of my life!

• Like 1

really don't know why color was brought up!....you may need to vent on Yahoo or something....the person of color that you were asking about is Faygo Samuels and yes he was a headhunter ...he retired because he knew his days were numbered

Well I am not racist, and my statements were factual. Color was brought up because what I went through was the truth. If a black manager can tell me (before I even start working for him) that and I quote "I hope you work out over here, because people from SRP don't like to work", then to me that is a racist comment. Then to have a person of color (or black) accuse me of saying the "N" word cause he doesn't like me (and was a temp worker) trying to take my livelihood away from me is also racist in nature. As I said I am not a racist. I have black friends. Maybe saying "black guy" isn't the politically correct words to say now, so I meant "person of color" (as you put it).

And yes it was FAYGO i was thinking of, he was a total asshole 10 years ago when I was at SRP, I didn't know he retired which must have been within the past year or two, because last I heard he was still working there. I never saw him out working on any lines, but he was indeed a head hunter, I actually got a long great with him when I wasn't in his office. It really depends on supervision how good you get along with HR. Faygo was indeed tho a head hunter for the most part, if you found yourself in his office you might as well not even talk and take your punishment cause he isn't going to throw any write ups away for you.

As for the walking around and creating havoc, see when a person is falsely accused of something and the lively hood is hindered or taken away wrongfully, then the company should expect some type of retribution on the part of the employee. The company may get a couple quality reports for that month that they normally may not have gotten and that is just the way "the mop flops" as I said in my last post, talk to some retired people and they will show you the ropes on how to do things, they have great advise because they were there 30 years and remember like I said, when it comes down to you or them. Your ass gets bent over not them.

As for temp workers I really have nothing against them, they are just trying to work too. However when you cause fights in the plant with people because your making less doing the same work, you need to reflect on the fact that when you hired in, you were told this, agreed to take the job, and knew that someday you may not be a permanent employee or that you may not make the same wage other's are. And this is why I take offence to temps trying to setup the full pay workers with crap to get them time off in revenge for making 10.00 less. (16.00) an hour is still a good wage if your living at home with mommy and daddy!

Well I am not racist, and my statements were factual. Color was brought up because what I went through was the truth. If a black manager can tell me (before I even start working for him) that and I quote "I hope you work out over here, because people from SRP don't like to work", then to me that is a racist comment. Then to have a person of color (or black) accuse me of saying the "N" word cause he doesn't like me (and was a temp worker) trying to take my livelihood away from me is also racist in nature. As I said I am not a racist. I have black friends. Maybe saying "black guy" isn't the politically correct words to say now, so I meant "person of color" (as you put it).

And yes it was FAYGO i was thinking of, he was a total asshole 10 years ago when I was at SRP, I didn't know he retired which must have been within the past year or two, because last I heard he was still working there. I never saw him out working on any lines, but he was indeed a head hunter, I actually got a long great with him when I wasn't in his office. It really depends on supervision how good you get along with HR. Faygo was indeed tho a head hunter for the most part, if you found yourself in his office you might as well not even talk and take your punishment cause he isn't going to throw any write ups away for you.

As for the walking around and creating havoc, see when a person is falsely accused of something and the lively hood is hindered or taken away wrongfully, then the company should expect some type of retribution on the part of the employee. The company may get a couple quality reports for that month that they normally may not have gotten and that is just the way "the mop flops" as I said in my last post, talk to some retired people and they will show you the ropes on how to do things, they have great advise because they were there 30 years and remember like I said, when it comes down to you or them. Your ass gets bent over not them.

As for temp workers I really have nothing against them, they are just trying to work too. However when you cause fights in the plant with people because your making less doing the same work, you need to reflect on the fact that when you hired in, you were told this, agreed to take the job, and knew that someday you may not be a permanent employee or that you may not make the same wage other's are. And this is why I take offence to temps trying to setup the full pay workers with crap to get them time off in revenge for making 10.00 less. (16.00) an hour is still a good wage if your living at home with mommy and daddy!

You're killing me here! Please put the keyboard down, and walk away! I'd like to read something with substance. Public ignorance, is not good!

You're killing me here! Please put the keyboard down, and walk away! I'd like to read something with substance. Public ignorance, is not good!

I'm speaking from first hand experience, so stop being ignorant.

I tell it like it is, if you don't like it, go walk your dog, and pick up poop.

Edited by kitten