Falcons and Holdens Coming to Austin Texas

So cool! I'd love to see Frosty and Shane run their Falcons! (Hopefully they'll still be in a Ford!)

I have a feeling they will be - those two are probably the most loyal to their teams / manufacturers in the field...

Anyways, yet another V8 race we have to stay up late / get up early for! No wonder they removed the 'Australia' from their official title this year! But it does increase chances of investors in the sport and its longevity...

Edited by Aussie_Ford

I know it may have been said 10000000000000000 times, but these are so far removed from production cars that they LITERALLY only share the lights and badges, so there's no production element to our series anymore :(

You're a whole lot closer than NASCAR is.

At least for the V8 supercars series, the body Aero templates at least resemble the vehicle that they are supposed to be based on. The NASCAR COT template is NOTHING like any of the cars that it's supposed to represent. NASCAR vehicles are SPEC with just stickers and adhesive flaps to cover the air intakes or spoiler adjustments between them. I also believe that the v8 supercars series uses engines that are at least somewhat modern of tech. Nascar engines are OHV carbed motors. The specs on them are so tight that they barely differ from one make to another, not withstanding that none of the vehicles in question are offered with a comparable powerplant for retail sale.