Jim Farley has anger management issues

The American automotive industry needs this sort of passion. The "it's good enough" and "don't rock the boat" philosophies almost led the industry to extinction. Competition builds better products, which is great for all consumers.

Edited by The Outrage

It's just un-necessary and creates a negative aura about a person, rather than bring positive attention to it. We've seen politically what happens to some hot heads and how easily they are discredited. So isn't any different. And I agree, GM isn't the only threat, it's Toy and Hykia. It's ok to be passionate but there's a time and place to make such comments.

I think it is likely a reference to Farley's days at Toyota when GM gave out bats - "It brings back memories of the Louisville Slugger baseball bats that GM gave its plant managers and others, with "Beat Toyota" carved into them, back in the early 1990s." - http://www.autonews.com/article/20110722/BLOG06/110729950/-1/mobile&template=art4

I also think the comment was probably made off the record and that the writer and publisher are trying to sell a book. Farley has been great around the press and the dealers, and he is passionate. I believe he made the comments, but I don't think it was meant seriously or for the general public. A little bit of fire and competition is a good thing.

• Like 1