MARK FIELDS SAYS BE HAPPY YOU HAVE A JOB

skeptic

There's something you said there. We ARE rich by comparison to our blue collar peers. So why aren't WE being targeted for tax increases? Do you think the machinist at Joe's Tool and Die wouldn't vote to do so if he weren't outvoted by us in our union machine? Aren't we supposed to pull the rich down to raise others up? As you said, we are rich. They have less. If anyone who espouses the liberal mindset weren't hypocrites they'd be calling for more taxes on the UAW workers as well!

That's because they have the "I got mine" and good luck with yours attitude. The Obama care corporate exemptions is but one example. Why some corps.are exempt (all of congress too) and others have to adhere to the law goes against the liberal mindset of helping those with less because someone else has more. Especially when its potentially going to come out of their pocket.

Liberals are all for helping everyone in need,unless its coming out of their pocket. For that you exempt yourself.

• Like 2

No raise since 2003, 8 years and counting.

Thousands of people gone and not available to split the profit sharing pie but still very little pie after taxes for those who are left 40,500 x $5,000

Profit sharing talks abound but still not close to what the salaried side will be getting.

Two tiered wages will allow them to have a competitive wage against other companies and they will still bitch that it isn't enough. Two tiered will bring it down around $50

King begging for a seat at the corporate table??

Job security, seriously??? who is left to build the cars and make them more profits, a lot of hourly have left the building...someone has to build the cars???

Serious savings on medical benefits of those who have left that did not retire.

Thanks for posting Skeptic, DTP Nick will be here any minute telling us all how uneducated we are, that there is a real crisis with global competition and we dare not ask for anything else...kinda sounds like Mark Fields "we should be lucky we have a job" look at our neighbors who are out of work... salary deserves so much better than the hard working hourly and we should all be so incredibly lucky that our profit sharing will be designed by their secret, unequal to salaried formula.

I couldnt agree with you more. By the way, DTP Nick is 150 pounds soaking wet and gossips worse than a woman in the plant. People from parts plant suck, they dont know how to work..etc etc. Not worth reading his posts.

• Like 2

There's something you said there. We ARE rich by comparison to our blue collar peers. So why aren't WE being targeted for tax increases? Do you think the machinist at Joe's Tool and Die wouldn't vote to do so if he weren't outvoted by us in our union machine? Aren't we supposed to pull the rich down to raise others up? As you said, we are rich. They have less. If anyone who espouses the liberal mindset weren't hypocrites they'd be calling for more taxes on the UAW workers as well!

This.

I cannot count how many times I've been in a situation where somebody has questioned how much autoworkers make. Whether at a gathering, or in a newspaper article. I find it comical that the people who are the first to defend what we make, are the first people to complain about what others make.

I have a buddy with three colleges degrees in IT, and yet he makes half as much as what my area's FPS makes, and he's a high school drop out.

If you don't want people to bitch about what you make, then don't bitch about what others make. And if you want to make the same money that Alan Mulally makes, then get the same education and experience, and intelligence that he has, and you'll have no problem earning it.

• Like 2

This.

I cannot count how many times I've been in a situation where somebody has questioned how much autoworkers make. Whether at a gathering, or in a newspaper article. I find it comical that the people who are the first to defend what we make, are the first people to complain about what others make.

I have a buddy with three colleges degrees in IT, and yet he makes half as much as what my area's FPS makes, and he's a high school drop out.

If you don't want people to bitch about what you make, then don't bitch about what others make. And if you want to make the same money that Alan Mulally makes, then get the same education and experience, and intelligence that he has, and you'll have no problem earning it.

:hysterical:

Sounds to me like your buddy is not very smart Tell him to apply for Supervisors job at Ford there always looking for supervisors with Idiot Tech degrees :hysterical:

• Like 3

Well, at least you learned the process for next time.

Should be obvious they knew the process, they simply did not have the support of enough delegates. So again those that complain about the election of the leaders or any UAW Constitution issues can ask thier elected Con Con delegates why.

Clear now as to my first response on this issue ?

Edited by lquidspine
  • Like 1

Should be obvious they knew the process, they simply did not have the support of enough delegates. So again those that complain about the election of the leaders or any UAW Constitution issues can ask thier elected Con Con delegates why.

Clear now as to my first response on this issue ?

People on here want to bitch about the IUAW (me included) and fail to realize that this all started with them at the local level. At one point, the membership DID elect these guys in whatever position and KEPT re-electing them until they got to the point at where they're at now. And they keep doing the same things over and over again. This was evident in the fact that there weren't enough delegates to get the referendum on the floor. The vast majority of the rank and file are under the assumption that their reps, once elected are going to keep their campaign promises and work to forward the agenda of the membership. They keep electing the same people over and over again yet they're surprised when the promises are broken and the membership is unhappy with their representation. Look at your Con-Con delegates. How many campaigned on the referendum vote? How many were elected? How many actually voted like they said they did? How many reported back how they voted? How many even gave a report about what took place at the Con-Con and informed the membership? I know that at my local, our membership cannot even stipulate as to how they wish THEIR delegates to the Con-Con to vote! They must rely on their delegates keeping their word or even telling them truthfully how they voted. And please don't forget that the Peter Principle is always alive and well!

The Peter Principle states that "in a hierarchy every employee tends to rise to his level of incompetence", meaning that employees tend to be promoted until they reach a position at which they cannot work competently. It was formulated by Dr. Laurence J. Peter and Raymond Hull in their 1969 book The Peter Principle, a humorous [1] treatise which also introduced the "salutary science of hierarchiology."

The principle holds that in a hierarchy, members are promoted so long as they work competently. Eventually they are promoted to a position at which they are no longer competent (their "level of incompetence"), and there they remain, being unable to earn further promotions. Peter's Corollary states that "in time, every post tends to be occupied by an employee who is incompetent to carry out their duties" and adds that "work is accomplished by those employees who have not yet reached their level of incompetence". "Managing upward" is the concept of a subordinate finding ways to subtly "manage" superiors in order to limit the damage that they end up doing. (Wikipedia)

• Like 1

On the next contract there should be language for the democratic process of voting for all leaders in the International Union by all members, after all there is so few left. Don't you think the union would work a little harder during negotiations ??

This!

This!

Read the entire thread please this is not a CBA issue, it is an internal UAW Constitution issue. This can only be changed at the Constitutional Convention and needs to be passed by a majority of the delegates, an attempt was made last year at the Con Con, but there was not enough delegates on board to even get it too the floor. Solution, pass local motions before the Con Con stating the membership wants this and require your delegates to report out how they voted.

This issue will not change with contract talks between the companies and the UAW.

Bob King needs to ask Mark Fields, Bill Ford and Alan Mulally why it is so important that the workforce be in "lockstep" with the competitors but management's salaries and bonuses can be many times higher. There are many ways to offset a slight difference in labor costs and Ford seems to have done just fine over the past few years with those differences in place.

The reason is myfriend------->is because Ford saved itself.

This wasn't because a bunch of bluecollar workers got together and decided how to do it. Absolutely not! All the other automakers had to go with bended knee to his majesty OBAMA and beg for a bailout.

I will say to all of you from The Ford Motor Company; kudos to you! You manged to show that an American company can flip the fickle finger of fate to those who beieve you have to be propped up. The public has rewarded you by buying all of your products; as long as they stand up tp your competitors. which they do!

You at Ford, have a blank check to build whatever your American bretheren want, without government intervention.......and reap the rewards, because YOU did NOT take th free money.

If you still want that free cash, Obama will give it to you, to keep you under his thumb, I am sure.

Tell America what you want! Build a VOLT nobody wants, or build a FORD everyone wants-)

• Like 1

Ask Mark and Alan for money next time your kids get pregnant and need a place to stay for 9 months. Or if your 30 year old daughter needs a house or a car, when you slap down the deposit go ask Alan, Mark and Bill for the money, cause working at Ford I know you don't have it.

9 out of 10 UAW workers are just scraping to get buy..

This is due to the high prices of

Food

Phone

Cable

Rent/Mortgage

Car Note(s)

Gas

I don't add "clothes" because people can find cheap clothes. And if the cable companies like Comcast and phone companies like Verizon didn't rip us off, we would be somewhat better off. Being that our gov isn't going to do anything to Opec about the oil prices, we will just have to bite that one..

If your just scraping by on almost 30 bucks an hour, shame on you.

Do you have to eat expensive food? No

Do you have to have the top end cable package? No basic would do if I needed it to. I stopped the NFL ticket when the overtime slowed down. No big deal its just what you do.

Have to have the latest 4g phone with unlimited text and internet? Nope its not required.

How about the 50 inch plasma screen? Is it so much better than a 32 inch that you have to have it? Nope

Let's see car notes? Don't buy a Lincoln if you can't afford it, get a focus.

Mortgage? Fancy sub division required? Not that I know of.

Don't beg for money because you can't control your finances. I have a mortgage, a car note, thunderbolt phone with unlimited everything, nice tv's, and the usual stuff and I have no problem paying my bills and still put some into savings and retirement. Oh and I drive almost an hour one way for work, can't do much about gas prices. Just live within your means and you will be just fine. People are lining up to do our work for half the pay. That takes away our leverage whether its right or wrong. In the current system Mr king and the others have been chosen to speak for us in the current negotiations. If you don't like it, change it. But live within your means and you will be just fine.

• Like 2

Bob King needs to ask Mark Fields, Bill Ford and Alan Mulally why it is so important that the workforce be in "lockstep" with the competitors but management's salaries and bonuses can be many times higher. There are many ways to offset a slight difference in labor costs and Ford seems to have done just fine over the past few years with those differences in place.

Ford management deserves just compensation for the great job they have done with turning the company around but the workforce should benefit as well. The loan that was taken out began before Mulally came and I'm sure was largely pushed by the Ford family. If that loan wasn't taken out Ford would have had to declare bankruptcy the same as GM and Chrysler did but the family would have lost a fortune. Thankfully for the employees and the shareholders the Ford family was calling the shots and we didn't have to go down the same road as GM and Chrysler. American management's salaries are much higher than foreign competitors whether they do better or not - that is the American way. Nasser almost destroyed the company and was paid way more than the Toyota CEO for doing it. Let Ford make up the difference through innovation, design, market share and quality. Chrysler workers were making less than GM and Ford workers for a long time and they came back to be very competitive.

• Like 1

Ex-wife and a family court judge that's generous with my salary. You pay her house note and your house note and there goes the money. LOL

Lol ljcdad, good point on a judge being generous. That's completely different than camaro asking fields for more money because he wasted it. I'm willing to bet you still do what has to be done without screaming fields owes you money cause you saw him cash a check in some wild dream one night. Keep up the good fight brother.

Being told "Be happy you have a job" is demeaning.I see how much the company appreciates its hourly work force and the UAW appreciates its members.So what to do if the rich and powerful will not give us jobs?That is a tough situation especially in the USA where the name of the game is if I have a dollar bill and you dont I am a better person than you.I dont know what is going to come of the latest contract negotiations but I know that I am sick of all the intimidation/humiliation and that means getting 'run down' by other supposedly union brothers and sisters as well as the rich and powerful.It is now the time to show solidarity,production and trades and retirees.

Edited by Fatso
  • Like 1

I never said I wasted my money, I was just making a point. I'm not married and don't have any kids, nor do I have a big family in MI to help out. So I am sitting pretty and do well. I am just sick of these banks, and companies taking advantage of the consumer while our country is not doing so well.

Or banks that charge you high fees to make transactions or how they charge you high interest rates on your credit cards when you have good credit and they take billions in gov bail out. How about the banks now bailing out our country, we bailed them out, now that they are 50 times profitable, they can now bail the country out!

We need reform in this country and if we don't get Obama out, were screwed.

I am in favor of socialization btw to some extent.

The consumer is being ripped off and then bent over. And when our country defaults and were downgraded on our bond ratings, wait till you see what happens, as sure as I sit here, number 1 the price of gold will go over 2k an ounce. And that will tell you everything.

It means my gold is more valuable. So let me get this straight, you want the government to dictate what your interest rate on a credit card to be? If you do not like the rate they want to charge, guess what? Your not required to use the card. I mean you are borrowing money from them. How about the government sets the prices for everything. Nothing like eliminating supply and demand from the economy. Maybe you'd like them to reform your wages since you want them to set the price too.

• Like 1

It means my gold is more valuable. So let me get this straight, you want the government to dictate what your interest rate on a credit card to be? If you do not like the rate they want to charge, guess what? Your not required to use the card. I mean you are borrowing money from them. How about the government sets the prices for everything. Nothing like eliminating supply and demand from the economy. Maybe you'd like them to reform your wages since you want them to set the price too.

He's an instigator and a mole. His 2011 Camaro name plus on another thread he refers to a new Corvette....

Put 2+2 together.

Hey, Mods...where was this guys first post? Check IP address.

This all reminds me of Orwells Animal Farm.The piggies always were more equal but demanded more sacrifice from the other animals while they sacrificed nothing.Let's call this story Glass House.The piggies went Oink oink oink all the way to the bank.Still not enough.2010 ecxecutive compensation was over 200 million.How much would that have been divided by 40500 employees.

$4938.2716049382716049382716049383