State Fair Display.... Minnesota State Fair

Went to the Fair and saw the Ford display... some games were had .. and some models to sit in... some freebies.... BUT being into the model year... should Ford still be showing 2011 Explorers? why not a 2012 ?... and still handing out 2010 Fusion Hybrid T-shirts? ... Guess they had alot left...and not even a new electric Focus...

come on Ford..you are goin great guns... and I am happy... but ... bring on the new guns..

Went to the Fair and saw the Ford display... some games were had .. and some models to sit in... some freebies.... BUT being into the model year... should Ford still be showing 2011 Explorers? why not a 2012 ?... and still handing out 2010 Fusion Hybrid T-shirts? ... Guess they had alot left...and not even a new electric Focus...

come on Ford..you are goin great guns... and I am happy... but ... bring on the new guns..

I can see handing out old T-shirts to get rid of them. A lot of businesses do that. As far as the 2012 Explorer goes how much different is it from the 2011? My guess is they brought what they had available. That is better then not bringing one at all.

But the important thing is how many things on a stick did you eat................... :shades:

true on both accounts.... oh those Austalian battered potatoes.... and definitely tasty spam burger with egg and cheese...but no sticks..

Edited by Rick1723

General Motors gave Ford some some serious competition at the Minnesota State Fair this year. At the Chevrolet display around the corner from Ford's, there were several 2012 MY vehicles to poke around. Plus, the Chevy marketing folks distributed free backpacks and certificates for $50 gift cards redeemable upon completing a test drive.

chev_mnfair11.jpg

Oh, AMA winner and Ford truck enthusiast Toby Keith put on a rousing performance at his Minnesota State Fair concert appearance. :happy feet:

General Motors gave Ford some some serious competition at the Minnesota State Fair this year. At the Chevrolet display around the corner from Ford's, there were several 2012 MY vehicles to poke around. Plus, the Chevy marketing folks distributed free backpacks and certificates for $50 gift cards redeemable upon completing a test drive.

chev_mnfair11.jpg

That confirms my reason as to why we have the accord...they have free donuts and hot chocolate (mini espresso bar too) at the honda dealer while your waiting for your free oil change..FREE..it works

....and how many food items were deep fried.... :reading:

Pickles, Snickers, Reeses PB Cups, Twix, cheesecake, sweet corn, pork chops, potatoes, sausage, cheese curds to name a few...

The Ford display was blah.

:yup:

The folks from corporate and/or Ford's marketing firm supporting the Ford display this year did not evince the high standards of their predecessors at the 2009 and 2010 Minnesota State Fair. While I didn't encounter the L*** character that Tango_28 mentioned, none of the Ford reps I did meet demonstrated much enthusiasm for Ford products. On the other hand, the guy from a local Ford dealership (in Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota) was great; he answered my product questions and gave me a pocket size hand sanitizer spray. Ford's Lincoln display, which was across the street from the main Ford display, received scant attention from anyone.

They ought to be, you're paying them! :shades:

They earned it. Not only were all the Chevy reps convivial, but knowledgeable and sanguine too. One of them repeated the phrase "Chevy Runs Deep" in a very deep voice. That got to be tiring after about 10 iterations, though. :poke: