Mourn on 9-11, Celebrate on 9-12

With the 10th anniversary of the terrible attack on 9-11 coming up, it will be a day to remember and mourn for those who were attacked and left defenseless by a Republican Administration bent on making this country unsafe and to live in fear. They were very succesful, I might add. However, on 9-12 is a day that all Americans can be proud of. A day that we all can rejoice. A day that we can celebrate President Barack Obama and his can do attitude in taking out Osama Bin Laden. President Obama was not a friend of the Bin Laden family and had no vested interest in protecting the Republican Saudi family that attacked the USA on that fateful day, 10 years ago.

So, we are asking for all patriotic Americans (not fake ones like the Republicans) to go to your city hall on 9-12 at noon (local time) with an American flag (made in America, not the Chinese made ones that Republicans buy) and with another sign thanking President Obama for taking out the terrorist Osama Bin Laden who the Republicans had no intent or were completely incompetent in getting the job done. Please take pictures of your event and send them into your local media and let us know how it went.

• Like 7

With the 10th anniversary of the terrible attack on 9-11 coming up, it will be a day to remember and mourn for those who were attacked and left defenseless by a Republican Administration bent on making this country unsafe and to live in fear. They were very succesful, I might add. However, on 9-12 is a day that all Americans can be proud of. A day that we all can rejoice. A day that we can celebrate President Barack Obama and his can do attitude in taking out Osama Bin Laden. President Obama was not a friend of the Bin Laden family and had no vested interest in protecting the Republican Saudi family that attacked the USA on that fateful day, 10 years ago.

So, we are asking for all patriotic Americans (not fake ones like the Republicans) to go to your city hall on 9-12 at noon (local time) with an American flag (made in America, not the Chinese made ones that Republicans buy) and with another sign thanking President Obama for taking out the terrorist Osama Bin Laden who the Republicans had no intent or were completely incompetent in getting the job done. Please take pictures of your event and send them into your local media and let us know how it went.

I have to admit that this anniversary is going to be painful but I can know, thanks to President Obama that the man behind the massacre was shot in the face. The 12th should be a national holiday to celebrate our stance on stopping terrorism and photos released for our next postage stamps of bin ladens shot up face!!!

Thank you Obama for cleaning up another one of the Bush Republican Administrations mess.

• Like 7

Ah the stage was full of lies and deception last night. I dont have the appetite for another republican administration anytime soon.

Just watching the debate last night made me sick that these liars, all on stage at one time act like they are there for the common folk.

Just sickening

• Like 5

How young or short sided you must be....we were vunerable for one reason....the Clinton administration cut so much from defense that we were like an apple ready to be picked by our adversaries....I have a relative in the NSA that has told me we had so many cuts under Clinton that we were lucky that a major power didn't move on us at that time.... because Clinton had cut to the bone to save money ...we had no idea what the rest of the world was up to....national security is #1....Clinton was distracted by "other" things....I'm far from a Bush fan....but he had to spend money he didn't have BECAUSE of Clinton's' lack of foresight....now we all must pay....wouldn't it have been cheaper to just keep a strong defense and intelligence?....instead of having a balanced budget for a few years...again....short sided thinking

• Like 5

Ah the stage was full of lies and deception last night. I dont have the appetite for another republican administration anytime soon.

Just watching the debate last night made me sick that these liars, all on stage at one time act like they are there for the common folk.

Just sickening

great post. my sentiments exactly.

• Like 4

Just sickening

great post. my sentiments exactly.

Luckily, though not a debate, only one of them was at the podium tonight.

• Like 2

How young or short sided you must be....we were vunerable for one reason....the Clinton administration cut so much from defense that we were like an apple ready to be picked by our adversaries....I have a relative in the NSA that has told me we had so many cuts under Clinton that we were lucky that a major power didn't move on us at that time.... because Clinton had cut to the bone to save money ...we had no idea what the rest of the world was up to....national security is #1....Clinton was distracted by "other" things....I'm far from a Bush fan....but he had to spend money he didn't have BECAUSE of Clinton's' lack of foresight....now we all must pay....wouldn't it have been cheaper to just keep a strong defense and intelligence?....instead of having a balanced budget for a few years...again....short sided thinking

Very entertaining post. Too bad all the Republicans have is to blame Bill Clinton or Barack Obama for everything. Boy, it was terrible that FDR and Truman won WWII, the Nazi's would have treated us so much better than the Democrats (hahaha!). Yes, 9/12 should be a national holiday in which we honor President Barack Obama for getting the terrorist leader that the Republicans were so inept to catch or were using to pass terrible legislation (Patriot Act) and make more monies for their already extremely wealthy Republican friends. So, in recapping--President Barack Obama--patriotic hero and Republicans hatriotic zeroes.

• Like 6

Very entertaining post. Too bad all the Republicans have is to blame Bill Clinton or Barack Obama for everything. Boy, it was terrible that FDR and Truman won WWII, the Nazi's would have treated us so much better than the Democrats (hahaha!). Yes, 9/12 should be a national holiday in which we honor President Barack Obama for getting the terrorist leader that the Republicans were so inept to catch or were using to pass terrible legislation (Patriot Act) and make more monies for their already extremely wealthy Republican friends. So, in recapping--President Barack Obama--patriotic hero and Republicans hatriotic zeroes.

I was just giving my opinion of why Pres. Clinton was able to balance the budget....and why Pres. Bush had to spend too much money....If Clinton had kept up with his #1 priority as president....national security....we MIGHT have had a different economic outcome....What I did notice in your post is you want to bring silly politics into this post....I don't care what party a "leader" is from....I base my opinions on outcome. I don't follow what you are saying about FDR and Truman....I'm 100% behind a strong military...I think you may be confused.... I'm not surprised

• Like 2

So all republicans are fake patriotic Americans? That's a broad stroke to paint a large group of people. As far as it all being bush's fault, do you really think that in a year and a half the terrorists, recruited the men involved, got enough trained to fly commercial aircrafts and launched the attack? I believe quite a few of the terrorist were in the country as early as 96. But its all bush's fault.

Edited by FordM/R
  • Like 2

Holy Shit!!!!

Even a topic about an important event turns into a political pissing contest

Let me settle this once and for all.....

NO POLITICIAN OR PARTY IS WORTH A SHIT, THEY ALL LIE TO GET WHAT THEY WANT!!!!!!!

As the post started as a political bashing commentary, how can you get upset when political comments are posted in it?

With that said,

"Remember 9-11 as a tragedy AND as a triumph. Soul-less murderers attacked this country while hundreds of American HEROES were discovered and made us "proud", not for the first time in our adult life, but again, and in such painful and tremendously self-less ways.

Remember 9-12 and the American PRIDE we have been told we do not deserve to feel.

Remember the civility we showed each other, the compassion, the kindness and the unity.

Remember YOUR promise to never forget.

I remember!"- FiredMotorCompany-2011

• Like 2

It is an important event. The original poster just blindly slams people while discussing the event. Neither party or president failed us on 9/11. The entire system failed us. But to call someone a fake patriot because of a political party is assinine. Plenty of democrats and republicans have taken up arms when asked to do so. Many have fought and died for this country from both sides of the political fence. But only the democratic ones are patriots according to the original post. So if I take offence to someone telling me I'm not a patriot, or love my country because I may like republicans, its my his given right by god and the thousands before me who answered the call to go into battle because my country asked me too. I went to war for this country, don't you dare tell me I don't love my country or I am a fake patriot. So in closing, remember 9/11, honor those that gave their lives, but do not attack people who defend this country.

• Like 4

THANK YOU for your service

I remember!"- DaveyB

It's not a partisan thing, It's an American thing.

Have some respect for the fallen, remember those who died with no choice, and those who have died fighting for what is right, good, and just in the time since then. Not everything is an us/them thing. This is a WE THE PEOPLE thing! Get over yourselves. :stop:

Edited by daveyb
  • Like 2

It is an important event. The original poster just blindly slams people while discussing the event. Neither party or president failed us on 9/11. The entire system failed us. But to call someone a fake patriot because of a political party is assinine. Plenty of democrats and republicans have taken up arms when asked to do so. Many have fought and died for this country from both sides of the political fence. But only the democratic ones are patriots according to the original post. So if I take offence to someone telling me I'm not a patriot, or love my country because I may like republicans, its my his given right by god and the thousands before me who answered the call to go into battle because my country asked me too. I went to war for this country, don't you dare tell me I don't love my country or I am a fake patriot. So in closing, remember 9/11, honor those that gave their lives, but do not attack people who defend this country.

It is clearly the fault of the inept or corrupt Republicans in office on that day. I kind of remember, Richard Clarke, briefing the Republicans about the threat of an attack. So, instead of prepare for the threat. Bush went on vacation and Cheney hid in a bunker. They show the true Republican color--the one of cowardice. But, people have selective memories when they are Republican. Of course, in their mind, Bush and the Republicans were heroes and it was all Bill Clinton's fault. Even though the Clinton Administration had told them in detail about one of their biggest threats. But, I guess when you are on vacation at your farm in Texas for a record number of days, you can't be bothered with protecting the American public.

• Like 4

Oh, you forgot his middle name barack ( Hussein) obama........

and,"don't tread" how many years did you serve in the military????

• Like 1

It is clearly the fault of the inept or corrupt Republicans in office on that day. I kind of remember, Richard Clarke, briefing the Republicans about the threat of an attack. So, instead of prepare for the threat. Bush went on vacation and Cheney hid in a bunker. They show the true Republican color--the one of cowardice. But, people have selective memories when they are Republican. Of course, in their mind, Bush and the Republicans were heroes and it was all Bill Clinton's fault. Even though the Clinton Administration had told them in detail about one of their biggest threats. But, I guess when you are on vacation at your farm in Texas for a record number of days, you can't be bothered with protecting the American public.

So using your theory that means Clinton is to blame for the first world trade center bombing in 1993. I guess it also all on him for the Oklahoma city bombing in 1995 right? Just want to make sure we are being fair. I personally don't blame Clinton or bush, for these blame the cia, FBI, atf or any agency you wish but one man was not responsible. So let's hear the excuses on why Clinton was innocent, but bush was not.

R