$10,000 signing bonus?

framed

$10,000 oh now thats a good one!!!

A $10,000 signing bonus for each UAW member would cost about $470 million at GM, $410 million at Ford and $250 million at Chrysler. Such a large cash outlay may be untenable, said the person, who asked not to be identified."

Break it down shall we>>>

+470,000,000 for GM Members

+ 410,000,000 for Ford Members

+ 250,000,000 for Chrysler Members

= 1,130,000,000

Thats 1 BILLION ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY MILLION DOLLARS !!!!!

This is a fabricated media article to further push the American public against us as overpaid neanderthals

"Michele Martin, a spokeswoman for the UAW, denied that the union is seeking such large bonuses.

“It’s inaccurate and it creates false expectations,” she said. "

Exactly !!!

Edited by Armstrong
  • Like 5

Still a NO vote for me

Why would they offer a big signing bonus??....to shove a shitting contract down our throats and the only way to do it is to throw out $10k so all the people living paycheck to paycheck and the pillheads will jump at the chance for what...$5k after taxes and then get screwed for another 4 years without rasies since 03...benefits lost forever and no cola....easy no for me.

• Like 3

This is a direct attack to the UAW Autoworker and the D3 by the Republican puppet masters.

The Koch Brothers, Murdochs (owners of the media) and the entire GOP agenda prints these lies to discredit and undermine the UAW workforce.

They are purposely inciting false reporting to turn the “tax-payer bailout” argument into a transfer of taxpayer money to the Greedy UAW workers at the hands of Obama

These Republicans will stop at nothing to destroy our Union

Don’t fall prey to this false information!!!!

• Like 8

This is a direct attack to the UAW Autoworker and the D3 by the Republican puppet masters.

The Koch Brothers, Murdochs (owners of the media) and the entire GOP agenda prints these lies to discredit and undermine the UAW workforce.

They are purposely inciting false reporting to turn the "tax-payer bailout" argument into a transfer of taxpayer money to the Greedy UAW workers at the hands of Obama

These Republicans will stop at nothing to destroy our Union

Don't fall prey to this false information!!!!

So, are you willing to say today, definitively, that even IF there was a $10,000 signing bonus, you would vote against it so the public would have a better impression of us FORD UAW workers?

• Like 4

$10,000 oh now thats a good one!!!

A $10,000 signing bonus for each UAW member would cost about $470 million at GM, $410 million at Ford and $250 million at Chrysler. Such a large cash outlay may be untenable, said the person, who asked not to be identified."

Break it down shall we>>>

+470,000,000 for GM Members

+ 410,000,000 for Ford Members

+ 250,000,000 for Chrysler Members

= 1,130,000,000

Thats 1 BILLION ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY MILLION DOLLARS !!!!!

This is a fabricated media article to further push the American public against us as overpaid neanderthals

"Michele Martin, a spokeswoman for the UAW, denied that the union is seeking such large bonuses.

Its inaccurate and it creates false expectations, she said. "

Exactly !!!

Fried Motor Company............ this post from Armstrong should shed some light in your dimly lit dome

The $10,000 is false, untrue and dishonest Republican spin reporting to get a ill perception of the UAW from the public.

I will not play unrealistic, fabricated Republican ping pong with you over this to further promote public displeasure with our good wages, great benefits and generous pension

I will not add anymore to this discussion for it will do nothing but increase hatred to our well bargained wages. If you want to carry on the republican spin its all yours............. See you in other threads.

Edited by Empire
  • Like 6

Fried Motor Company............ this post from Armstrong should shed some light in your dimly lit dome

The $10,000 is false, untrue and dishonest Republican spin reporting to get a ill perception of the UAW from the public.

I will not play unrealistic, fabricated Republican ping pong with you over this to further promote public displeasure with our good wages, great benefits and generous pension

I will not add anymore to this discussion for it will do nothing but increase hatred to our well bargained wages. If you want to carry on the republican spin its all yours............. See you in other threads.

Your convictions don't run $10,000 deep?

• Like 3

So, are you willing to say today, definitively, that even IF there was a $10,000 signing bonus, you would vote against it so the public would have a better impression of us FORD UAW workers?

The public as been poisoned against us for years, led by the media who lust after auto advertising dollars. Ten thousand dollars over 4 years is 50 bucks a week, taken away after the 4 years. A permament 50 dollar a week raise would be better.

• Like 2

Cross post to here:

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/46880-detroit-3pact-to-face-closer-scrutiny/

From that article:

The devil is always in the details.

And this year, autoworkers won't be the only ones judging the first new contract with the Detroit Three since the bankruptcies of General Motors and Chrysler and a massive restructuring at Ford.

Taxpayers, Wall Street, the news media and political pundits across the nation almost certainly will be weighing in on any deal reached. The current contract expires Wednesday.

To win the votes of workers, Ford, GM and Chrysler are likely to offer signing bonuses that could draw criticism if they are viewed as excessive.

• Like 2

Why would they offer a big signing bonus??....to shove a shitting contract down our throats and the only way to do it is to throw out $10k so all the people living paycheck to paycheck and the pillheads will jump at the chance for what...$5k after taxes and then get screwed for another 4 years without rasies since 03...benefits lost forever and no cola....easy no for me.

Amazes me how many people are so willing run themselves out of a job. Way better to try and bankrupt the company for self greed, very sad! According to my tax accountant, 90% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck, not just UAW members. When my boss and I argue over overtime, I tell him I also have a business to run, It's called my life. I also have a responsibilty to make sure the business I work for (FORD) stays in business! Voting no over a large signing bonus is stupid! There's more to the contract then a signing bonus. The union says they're looking for better profit sharing formula, I'm hearing it maybe quarterly profit sharing. I guess it makes more sense for some people to mortgage the company now, and have the eggshell economy tank in a year. Then we will stand to lose even more shit in concessions all over again.

Edited by el norte
  • Like 5

Amazes me how many people are so willing run themselves out of a job. Way better to try and bankrupt the company for self greed, very sad! According to my tax accountant, 90% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck, not just UAW members. When my boss and I argue over overtime, I tell him I also have a business to run, It's called my life. I also have a responsibilty to make sure the business I work for (FORD) stays in business! Voting no over a large signing bonus is stupid! There's more to the contract then a signing bonus. The union says they're looking for better profit sharing formula, I'm hearing it maybe quarterly profit sharing. I guess it makes more sense for some people to mortgage the company now, and have the eggshell economy tank in a year. Then we will to lose even more shit in concessions all over again.

Good post Norte

We make the best wages; we have the best healthcare and a great pension as well as many other perks like vacation, personal time and holiday pay. We are the top of the pay scale at $28+ per hour and the UAW is negotiating additional profit targets (quarterly would be great/awesome), wage increases for entry level and a good signing bonus as a way to get back some concessions in these good times.

>>>>>>>>>>-- And the most important to all of us……

>>>>> Product Investment Commitments…… for without the UAW getting these investments we would have no job to argue about let alone retire and draw our pension.

I can appreciate your post and I am a very thankful UAW Member !!!!!

• Like 5

Amazes me how many people are so willing run themselves out of a job. Way better to try and bankrupt the company for self greed, very sad! According to my tax accountant, 90% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck, not just UAW members. When my boss and I argue over overtime, I tell him I also have a business to run, It's called my life. I also have a responsibilty to make sure the business I work for (FORD) stays in business! Voting no over a large signing bonus is stupid! There's more to the contract then a signing bonus. The union says they're looking for better profit sharing formula, I'm hearing it maybe quarterly profit sharing. I guess it makes more sense for some people to mortgage the company now, and have the eggshell economy tank in a year. Then we will stand to lose even more shit in concessions all over again.

Good post Norte

We make the best wages; we have the best healthcare and a great pension as well as many other perks like vacation, personal time and holiday pay. We are the top of the pay scale at $28+ per hour and the UAW is negotiating additional profit targets (quarterly would be great/awesome), wage increases for entry level and a good signing bonus as a way to get back some concessions in these good times.

>>>>>>>>>>-- And the most important to all of us……

>>>>> Product Investment Commitments…… for without the UAW getting these investments we would have no job to argue about let alone retire and draw our pension.

I can appreciate your post and I am a very thankful UAW Member !!!!!

As a salaried Ford employee, I have to agree with both of your posts. To vote no on a signing bonus figure thrown out by the media is not smart. It doesn't make any sense. The future of many salaried employees and hourly UAW workers depends on more work coming into our plants in the USA. I hope you get a just and fair contract and I hope it passes because all of our futures depend upon it.

• Like 6

As a salaried Ford employee, I have to agree with both of your posts. To vote no on a signing bonus figure thrown out by the media is not smart. It doesn't make any sense. The future of many salaried employees and hourly UAW workers depends on more work coming into our plants in the USA. I hope you get a just and fair contract and I hope it passes because all of our futures depend upon it.

Sure lets just give the company what they want no problem! Quit whinning and grow some balls . A no vote for me!

• Like 2

So its a Salary guy who has been flooding the board with Sports Topics!!!

So far Suh Nation is a good guy. Here is his post from the Labor Day thread:

Just want to let all the hourly workers out there know that salaried workers like myself appreciate the struggles that you've gone throughout your history for wages, benefits and other items such as holidays and paid vacation. Without your struggles and negotiation skills, items such as the Labor Day Holiday would not exist. To me, Labor Day is a holiday in which I remember my father and grandfather who both were in organized labor. Because of the the union contracts negotiated when my father was at work, I was able to attend college. So, thank you!!! What you do is appreciated.

He supports us and seems genuine.

The sports stuff is better then the political bs...

I do read the sports post and like them, especially since I am a Detroit fan all of our sports teams won this weekend

• Like 1

Umm, you didn't answer his question. But instead went off on some rant that will enviably kill brain cells of anyone who reads it.

Most intelligent people know that when it comes to negotiations, what you ask for isn't what you want. If somebody is dumb enough to believe that rumour as being true, and because of that suddenly has ill will towards the UAW, then simply put, they probably didn't like the UAW to begin with, nor are they smart enough for us to even care about.

Let me fill you in on a little piece of history. The last contract negotiations I was concerned about between Ford and the CAW went like this. On Wednesday, the media reported that the CAW told Ford if there was no investment for STAP, there was no point in continuing the discussion. On Friday, the media announced STAP was closing. See son, don't believe everything that comes out of these things. Chances are, both sides are telling stories.

• Like 2

Channel 7 in Detroit said today the 10k signing bonus was wanted by the UAW for GM & Chrysler, with 7-8k probably being the final figure, but Ford would wait until the other 2 are settled. Ford workers would get a higher signing bonus and a better profit sharing formula then the others. The UAW doesn't want the contracts to be TOO different, but they have to be somewhat different, we didn't get bailed out and the UAW realizes Ford workers have to be compensated for that Channel 7 said. No mention of our equity of sacrifice arbitration hearing or possible compensation from that on the news though.

We must be very careful accepting these "bonuses". They are often wolves in sheep's clothing. Be smart brothers and sisters. Don't be quick to drink the poison cool aid! :drop:

AMEN, Brother!

The man standing next to you on the line may well sell you out for a signing bonus big enough for a new jet-ski. All some people want is "cash in hand, screw the others." I know because I have been told that directly by a "brother" Ford employee.