Break room flier on Ford negotiations

Machine Man

I found this letter in one of the break rooms at work. Sorry, I don't have something to scan the letter, so I am putting it below as it was.

Give 'Em A Chance......Gary

I don't need to be reminded over and over again what I've had to give up; I live it every week when I pay my bills. Hell Yes, I'm upset what the executives make in this company, but again Gary you were face to face with Mullally in Chicago only a few weeks ago and didn't say a word. Sure, I want the second tier employees wages and benefits brought up, it's only fair, however we must not do it in such a way that the company ships more of our job overseas. Great wages mean nothing if we are laid off.

In short I think we should let the negotiators do there job. They are from the plants, just like us. As a matter of fact several are from our own Local 600, but then again you never agree to any contract including the one you negotiated yourself when you were chairman before you were voted out by the membership for poor leadership!!! I don't think we should be questioning them when they don't even hava a proposed contract yet. When they're done let's see what they are able to negotiate and decide if we are better off.

Come On Gary Let Them Do Their Job.

A Concerned Worker

Edited by Machine Man
  • Like 11

Waste of a letter.

He knows that jobs are important.

he's trying to inform the membership ahead of time that we may be getting the shaft and telling people basically not to just sign the contract blindly because they dangled a carrot (signing bonus) in front of us. the more people know and read between the lines, what to look for the better off they are.

• Like 2

I found this letter in one of the break rooms at work. Sorry, I don't have something to scan the letter, so I am putting it below as it was.

I don't need to be reminded over and over again what I've had to give up; I live it every week when I pay my bills. Hell Yes, I'm upset what the executives make in this company, but again Gary you were face to face with Mullally in Chicago only a few weeks ago and didn't say a word. Sure, I want the second tier employees wages and benefits brought up, it's only fair, however we must not do it in such a way that the company ships more of our job overseas. Great wages mean nothing if we are laid off.

In short I think we should let the negotiators do there job. They are from the plants, just like us. As a matter of fact several are from our own Local 500, but then again you never agree to any contract including the one you negotiated yourself when you were chairman before you were voted out by the membership for poor leadership!!! I don't think we should be questioning them when they don't even hava a proposed contract yet. When they're done let's see what they are able to negotiate and decide if we are better off.

A Concerned Worker

Yes Garys rhetoric is getting played out and most of us at DTP have heard enough. We can see now why it is important to gain what we can in this contract and continue to build on our wages with investments in our plants. I am very, very fortunate to be in a plant that is very secure from both our past president Jerry Sullivan and the IUAW. We had several rouge site agreements that we passed to get to this state of a steady product and security. The UAW has kept its promise to me and many here at the rouge in a great paying job, benefits and a clean safe environment.

Each time I look back the UAW always had made the right, tough decisions. We know that Gary is out of touch and puts our job security and lifestyle at risk with his inability to look to the future.

This letter is what most of us feel about supporting our union and waiting to see what the new agreement offers before listening to garys dangerous rhetoric

• Like 7

Yes Garys rhetoric is getting played out and most of us at DTP have heard enough. We can see now why it is important to gain what we can in this contract and continue to build on our wages with investments in our plants. I am very, very fortunate to be in a plant that is very secure from both our past president Jerry Sullivan and the IUAW. We had several rouge site agreements that we passed to get to this state of a steady product and security. The UAW has kept its promise to me and many here at the rouge in a great paying job, benefits and a clean safe environment.

Each time I look back the UAW always had made the right, tough decisions. We know that Gary is out of touch and puts our job security and lifestyle at risk with his inability to look to the future.

This letter is what most of us feel about supporting our union and waiting to see what the new agreement offers before listening to garys dangerous rhetoric

I think most of us are waiting to see what's in the agreement before we rush to judgement. I am in a plant that needs work and am not in good shape like you, or Gary at DTP for that matter. If I was in a truck plant, I probably wouldn't have any worries about the future. But, I am not in one. It is easy to complain about many things when you are sitting on top of the heap and are in good shape. For many of us, new work and job security is what we need.

• Like 8

LOL. Is that part about being in front of Mullaly true?

One of the Reps that went told me he didnt have the balls to go up to the microphone and challenge Mulally like the other Reps did. This roast went over 90 minutes and Gary just sat on his hands and stared down at the table.

And this clown ran for President of the IUAW and cant face the man the membership is displeased with on compensation??

Unbelievable

• Like 7

One of the Reps that went told me he didnt have the balls to go up to the microphone and challenge Mulally like the other Reps did. This roast went over 90 minutes and Gary just sat on his hands and stared down at the table.

And this clown ran for President of the IUAW and cant face the man the membership is displeased with on compensation??

Unbelievable

We shouldn't be surprised about this. Gary is the King of DTP, so it is showtime there. When he has a chance to challenge the Company, he is AWOL. Which side is Gary working for? Not the UAW's.

• Like 5

We shouldn't be surprised about this. Gary is the King of DTP, so it is showtime there. When he has a chance to challenge the Company, he is AWOL. Which side is Gary working for? Not the UAW's.

AAI as well as many other locations were not on the list in the 2007 product commitments. We dont have those letters short sighted "vote no" letters circulating in our plant. We know we need to get product named for us in this agreement so we could careless about "cola". All we want is a product investment in our plant. We are on 1 shift now and we all know what happens to 1 shift plants

• Like 2

We need to work for the membership! Not just one plant or another plant, but for all our members.

• Like 2

In short I think we should let the negotiators do there job. They are from the plants, just like us. As a matter of fact several are from our own Local 600, but then again you never agree to any contract including the one you negotiated yourself when you were chairman before you were voted out by the membership for poor leadership!!! I don't think we should be questioning them when they don't even hava a proposed contract yet. When they're done let's see what they are able to negotiate and decide if we are better off.

A Concerned Worker

WoW! I like this. I will pass it around.

• Like 5